3rd Grow : Still Dreaming

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by jonny arson, Jan 28, 2012.

1. #1 jonny arson, Jan 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2012
    3rd Grow : Still Dreaming
    So my first was documented right off the bat here: Newbie Following his Dream

Had another one since, and as this one is so important it figures to get into the routine of documenting every step to double check myself. Why not give it to you guys for commentary eh?

So five plants, all clones from this strain: Annunaki

These five will be named Pancake, Midnight, Charlotte, Marius and Mustard. For this we will be using the following tent (Budbox - Small Budbox) until the five take up to much space. At that point one will be moved into a smaller tent (Large Budbox Grow Tent).

I have also germinated from seed an auto Northen Lights, more so to play with (I want to top heavy) which I'll move to the smaller tent (tent 2) at some point of the vegging cycle.

I have 20lt air pots (Air Pots - Eliminate Root Circling & Allow Air Pruning | Growell) which contain Coco Canna with three heaped table spoons of bat guano. The base of these pots have 1cm of clay pebbles to ensure good drainage. I don't like to worry about overwatering, hence the use of Coco as a growing medium with the clay pebbles as added insurance.

I will be using the Canna nute range, using Canna V1&2 from start to finish along with Hydrozyme and Superthrive. For the first 2 weeks we also use Canna Rhizotonic with Canna Boost and PK 13/14 during stages of flowering and GE Ripen on the last week. A one week flush to end things.

We started last Sunday meaning this Sunday (January 29th) will be end of week one in the tent. At this stage (pictures soon) we have five clones all very much thriving with a good stable start. Will transport into air pots as late as possible as the air pots are so big that this will make a big difference to direct light. At present they are as close to my lights as possible (I want to minimize lagging (you call it stretching in the states?) as yield is important. My auto intake is passing air directly over the clones to strengthen and cool (lights are 30cm away but being checked every 10 hours min).

I'm running MH 400W (sunmaster) and will change when onto 12/12. (I'm going to start on 16/8) I'm vegging for a min of 4 weeks with a two small tier SCROG netting in play with 2inches inbetween.

Finally I hand water (albiet using a pump system so I can feed to pots at back of tent, but I controll this, it's not automated) with my water and nutrients airated.

I will not be topping the Annunaki, as I've been warned this causes problems with weight of buds, and with four in one tent I think I'll have enough on my plate as it is. They will be Supercropped heavily, again genetics have shown this plant shows tremendous reaction to this method. We will be trying all kinds of shit with the Northen lighs though (please throw me ideas).

End "Blue Sky" target - 20oz per plant (100z in total) plus anything from Northen Lights
    End Realistic target - 12oz per plant (60oz in total)
    plus anything from Northen Lights
    End Worst Case target (shows regress in talent from last 3 grows) - 8oz per plant (24oz in total)
    plus anything from Northen Lights

So like I said, any help would be great. And no more dumb fucking quesions, I'm getting there.

Only things I'm planning to diviate with:

1 - Use water with blackstrap Mollasis on potentially alternative feeds
    2 - Use C02 (using manual hand canister pump cartridges) once a week after shutting of fans and letting plants rest for an hour.

2. So some pictures, taken on day 5, (so I'm assuming cuttings were a week old before with me).

Attached Files:

3. Further shots!

Attached Files:

4. In the above shot the last two pics show the weakest of the bunch, but this is showing the most promise early on:

Attached Files:

5. Forgive the above staggered photodrop, I find I can upload quicker that way, does anybody else have issues with this?

Anyhow, as you can see from the above growing medium, I'm good for water for a few days, which is good as its my birthday tonight. I have my first nutrient feed ready at a 50% strength solution:

(20lts)
    10ml - Hydrogyme
    20ml - Canna a
    20ml - Canna b
    10ml - Rizatonic

Will hit my plants on Monday 6pm at ph 5.8 with a dose of 8gms of C02.

Have a great weekend!

6. So lets go in order of best to last. Need help (I think ones a gonna and the other is 50/50) on a few!

Plant 1 - In great shape, will re-pot tomorrow

Attached Files:

• 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      388.5 KB
      Views:
    • 5b.jpg
      5b.jpg
      File size:
      416.1 KB
      Views:
  7. Number 2 - Again in great shape

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      638.7 KB
      Views:
    • 1b.jpg
      1b.jpg
      File size:
      472.5 KB
      Views:
  8. Number 3 - Will make it through without any issues, but is behind 1&2

Attached Files:

• 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      393.7 KB
      Views:
  9. Number 4 - Touch and go, next 24 hours key I guess

Attached Files:

• 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      447.5 KB
      Views:
    • 4b.jpg
      4b.jpg
      File size:
      365.5 KB
      Views:
  10. Number 5 - and unlike Jonny, not alive

Attached Files:

• 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      418.7 KB
      Views:
    • 3b.jpg
      3b.jpg
      File size:
      370.3 KB
      Views:
  11. So what on earth happened to the last one? I'm assuming transplant shock, given that all 5 are subject to the same feed (which was a basic water and rhztonic mix) and in the same position in my tent.

Anyone seen one like 5 turn it around? I'm hoping that this water might just pull 4 out and who knows? Its like a soap opera!

Anyway all the above are from day 7.

12. Hi guys,

So its been eventful in the second week with a fatality with Charlotte dead. RIP.

Before we touch on the painful part of growing, lets celebrate the two clones that are doing well.

So the strongest of the lot, Mancake:

Attached Files:

13. And the 2nd Annunaki - Midnite

Attached Files:

14. So looking at the first few posts, plant 5 (Charlotte) didn't make it, while plants 3 and 4 are in big trouble. After advice (anymore would be great) they have been flushed, and cloning gelled (as it were) and will be propergated again for a week.

Can anyone let me know if I should be leaving them in darkness or mild light? I've heard both:

Attached Files:

15. Attached Files:

16. So day 14 for the two Annunaki
    day 7 for the one Northen Lights
    day 3 for the three AK48's

The two Annunaki are fucked are therefore off the time list until saved (fingers cross)

17. The two we are trying to save by re-starting the cloning process. I have high hopes for one but not the other. I'm sure you can tell which is which:

Attached Files:

18. The two strongest clones, both going great!

Attached Files:

19. And the four seeds:

Next batch of photos on Sunday!

Attached Files: