The Henhouse 2.0

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by rooster1369, Oct 25, 2011.

1. #1 rooster1369, Oct 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2011
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is a place of peace and friendship. All manner of conversation is welcome. My only rule is keep an open mind and respect others viewpoints even if you don't agree. Feel free to throw up a good budshot or two if you feel particularly proud
    :gc_rocks:
    More to come.................

Attached Files:

2. #2 rooster1369, Oct 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2011
    Genetics : Royal Queen Seeds Ice
    Sex : Feminized
    Type : Mostly indica
    Flowering : Photoperiod
    Genetics : Mostly Indica
    Flowering Time : 8-9 weeks?(inconsistent data)
    Height : Short, Medium
    THC Level : 15-20%
    Characteristics : semi-short white variety
    [​IMG]

Feminized seeds have ancestors of four of the most famous old good marijuana strains: Afghani, Skunk, Northern Lights and Shiva. With Ice, cannabis breeders, once again, succeeded to bring quality and quantity together. Their success hasn't been left without attention - Ice is a winner of the 1998 Cannabis Cup.

Truly excellent growth of healthy plants, resistance to diseases and pets and strong hashish effect have always been the best Afghani qualities and now are taken over by Ice marijuana.

Good old Skunk is one of the most consistently performing true breeding marijuana strains in the world. Her feminized seeds passed these qualities to a new favourite in the cannabis market - Royal Queen's Ice.

Northern Light cannabis seeds have been favourite amongst marijuana fans for years for her easy growing characteristics and great narcotic values. Nearly all promising modern indoor cannabis strains contain NL genes. Ice feminized is no exception. High flower to leaf ratio, compact buds, good yields and exceptional resin production are NL characteristics passed to Ice.

As a typical indica, genes of Shiva marijuana give Ice a quality to remain a manageable size regardless where she grows, indoors or outdoor. They also make Ice a great yielder with large buds covered in THC glands.

Ice marijuana feminized seeds came up as a long awaited surprise. Having all of the above described abilities, she became highly adapted to outdoor growing, fantastic for gardens where smell is an unfavourable factor. Mostly sativa, Ice feminized delivers the finest qualities expected from that variety - a middle sized plant with a voracious stone and minimal smell. Yet, this lady became one of the strongest marijuana varieties in the world (THC - 20%).

The flowering time is quite good, just 8-9 weeks, and large flowers turning into chunky nuggets in just 45 days can be expected after a short maturing period. Harvesting when grown outdoors is September-October. Those who have already tried to grow an Ice feminized seed describe it as a great yielder - up to 500 gr. of dried product per m2. No particular difficulties have been reported. Ice flowers are richly covered in trychromes with a dense consistency usually along a main stem and a high flower to leaf ratio. Fantastic for hydro applications as well as soil cultivation. Royal Queen's Ice feminized seeds are highly resistant to mould and mushroom.
    Marijuana smokers describe Ice as musky and sweet, heavy and stoned, a real knock-out.

The setup:
    The Henhouse : 3x2x5 foot furniture cabinet with about 14 inches of grow space above the screen. Screen is about 10 inches above the bucket top.
    Reflective material : reflective bubble wrap.
    Light : 250W HPS/MH electronic ballast in a cool tube.
    Light Ventilation : 1 or 2 225 cfm flat fans
    Res : 1 5 Gal Rumple Bucket with attachable mix bucket
    Ventilation : 225 cfm flat fan attached to 5 lb carbon filter. 6x12 inch double louvered passive intake
    Screen : Removable wood frame containing eye hooks every 2 inches
    Nutes : Ionic Veg and Bloom
    Nute Enhancers : Either Ionic Boost or Foxfarm Trio

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. Awsome Bro!! This is gunna be a grrrrrrrreat ride!!!! HA!! I'm 1st subbed!!! Sweeeeet!!
    Awsome introduction btw!! And cool new sig!!!

4. Thank you sir:wave: I'm [​IMG] I'll finish tomorrow

5. I'll be on board!!

6. COnfused about what we are doing but roo's my friend. :p

7. :wave: Grabs seat :D

Thats an awesome image at the top of the page dude :wave:

8. Im in this hole with the people I like to be around, roost, that sig is bad ass, what you going to charge a fella to design one for this blade, The bullet holes are a must though, yeah buddy

9. I'm with you on that!! I would love something of that nature, But I lack the know how to make one, lol..:smoke:

10. Nice... So Ice is gonna be the main girl here!?

11. This round anyways:D Not strain savvy so I'm gonna experiment until I find "the one."

12. Curiosity has got me on your carbon scrubber? How are you going to pull the stink air through your scrubber if it is mounted externally on your cab?:confused:Am I missing something?
    Sweet looking cabinet though bro:D

13. I push air through it instead of pull. Not as efficient but works great. Still removed the ferret smell from my old studio apartment while the grow was going though.:cool:

14. Got you, wasnt sure that was possible? sweet

15. As long as it goes thru the carbon w/o being forced to fast its all good.

16. #18 Up_In_Smokn', Oct 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2011
    Gonna be watching this as I have a Nirvana ICE mother plant that is just getting to where I can take some cuttings :D
    Sadly right now I don't need any :rolleyes: :laughing:

17. I say.. I say... I do declare that I like that setup Rooster! The frosty strains are just so nice to look at!

18. BTW welcome aboard everyone! Hoping to complete the build and do an operational test tonight so I can drop the bean tomorrow. Built my screen last night and can't find the string ball that's been in the same spot for 2 years to complete it. Will be interesting to see two breeders takes on the same strain. Breeder says 500g/m2. I have about a meter and 1/2....I'd be stoked to get 400g off one plant but not setting my sights that high. Last 2 runs were about 4 oz off two unruly plants each. From what I understand, that's damn good for a 250w though.