P-Rows Mini SOG

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Ponsrow, Sep 7, 2011.

1. #1 Ponsrow, Sep 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2011
    Good day GC!

Today is the first day of my new and improved mini SOG setup.

Main Cab Rundown

~ 3' x 1.5' x 6' Steal Cabinet
    ~ 400watt Digi ballast
    ~ Sentinel DRT-1 Digi Recycling Timer
    ~ 450CFM Valueline Inline Fan
    ~ DIY Carbon Scrubber
    ~ DIY 6 Plant NFT/Aeroponic Hybrid System
    ~ 45L Air Pump
    ~ Micro Pore Ceramic Air Diffusers

Veg Cab Rundown

~ 2' x 1.5' x 3.5' Plastic Cab
    ~ 4, 13watt 6500K Floros
    ~ DIY Air Cooled Hood
    ~ 40L Whisper Air Pump
    ~ Small oscillating fan

I soaked 5, G13 Blueberry Gum beans at 4pm on Sunday the 4th. In less then 24 hours all 5 had already cracked in the water (something I've never seen before)! They were placed in paper towel that same day for about 24 hours. By Monday the 5th they were ready for rockwool and placed in my mini bubbler and in the small veg cab.

The empty netpot was saved for another strain, just something to mix it up, I like a littler variety in my stash. Unfortunately I miss read the package and soaked a non feminized Sour Cream. Not wanting to risk it I gave the bean to a friend and have started soaking a FEMMED Kannabia Big Band.

Attached Files:

2. Let's see this! :wave:

3. I like the setup dude! :metal:

4. Oh buddy! This ones gunna be something else. I was getting really sick of all the wispy C-Grade bud from my first two harvest. I can already see some coming in on my current scrog as well. This should eliminate that problem. I want 6 massive colas! That's it. haha

Thank you sir. That's just my little veg cab too. Their final resting place will be in the sweet system I spent about 2 weeks putting together. I'll take a pic for ya.

5. Good thing I wasn't holding my breath on that pic of the 'sweet system'! ;) :laughing:

But in all honesty, I'm really looking forward to seeing it!!! Where's the pic!!??

Peace brotha!

6. My apologize. I'm very easily distracted. Without further adieu...

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Wow! Fuckin clean bro! Nice setup!! :yay: Can't wait to see ya rock it!

8. Ya bro! Neither can I

9. [​IMG]

Attached Files:

10. Ahhhh man that set up is clean! Wish you'd done a tutorial
    I'll pull up a seat, if you don't mind mate
    Cheers!

11. #11 Ponsrow, Sep 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2011
    haha, Alllllriiiiiiight!

Not at all my friend. The more the merrier. I was thinking about doing a tutorial but found it too awkward to take pictures while constructing. You know what I mean? When you get into the groove it's hard to stop and take pictures. Perhaps I'll take a bunch of pictures and draw up the designs for anyone interested. I'll link you with an update on the seedlings tonight.

12. This grow has had a bit of a rocky start. First off I started by germing 5 G13 BBGum's and 1 Sour Cream. Foolishly i neglected to notice the SC was not feminized, leaving me with no other choice but to germ another femmed seed. So I decided on DNA's Diesel. The seed looked somewhat mutated and left me feeling somewhat hesitant. Sure enough, it didn't sprout. I finally went with Kanabia's Big Band which sprouted very quickly and is now in the bubbler.

My second misfortune was loosing one of my Blueberries in the bubbler. It looks to have suffered damping off, but I can't be certain... So back to germing another BBGum. She has cracked the shell and I now waiting for her tap root to lengthen before putting her in the rockwool. Talk about a battle! I'm praying these all take well to their new surroundings so I don't have to germ my last femmed seed. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Attached Files:

13. So disaster has struck again. It would appear I have a leak in my small bubbler. After a couple days of not noticing, and not topping it up the smaller plants without long roots masses croaked. I've got a final head count of 4 out of the 9 that I started out with! Can you believe that madness? It's a total bummer and a part of me wants to start from scratch, but I'm not. I'll veg the 4 I've got for slightly longer and be performing some minor LSTing to control their height. So don't expect the Mini SOG I once promised... It ain't gunna happen.

14. pop some new ones :p theyre still seedlings

whatd ya loose?

15. thing is i don't have new ones to pop. I'd have to place an order with the attitude, wait for them to arrive, and then start it all over. That's too much of a wait for me.

All in all I ended up loosing 2 blueberry gums, 1 sour cream, 1 big band and 1 Diesel. I blame my method of germing. Next time around I'm going to get a proper humidity dome and heating mat. I'll place the germed seeds into the moist rockwool and then into the humidity dome until I see roots popping out the bottom of the cubes. It's not until that point I'll put them in the bubbler.

Live and learn.

16. ahhh here it is. Sorry for your loss P.
    Im surprised you tried a sog from seed.... I'm thinking find a good pheno, make her a MILF and get clones. That way your sog will be much easier to control. no?

17. 100% man! The only thing is that I don't have the room for a mother and clones. My small veg cab just isn't big enough to house both. If I had the room there'd be no doubt in my mind that's what i'd be doing.

18. Been some time, I figured you were all due for an update. Nothing wild as of yet, they are still quite young and becoming established. As you can see they suffered a bit of stress when first introduced to the new aero setup. Since they were started in a dwc system i think it took em a bit of time to adjust. Hence the drooping leaves and this unusual spotting that's started popping up. If anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear it. It's really only started since they've been placed in the aero system.

I retrofitted my ventilation as well. This new setup definitely causes some serious heat so I directly ducted my ac into one of my passive intakes and it's made the world of difference.

This is sort of a failure on my part. I germed about 8 and were only left with 4 sprouts. It has everything to do with my poor germination process, so this will be sorted out by next round. Instead of a true SOG I think I'm going to veg them a little longer and then perform some LST on each.

Enjoy

Attached Files:

19. Looks nice man. Gonna have a lil forest in no time.

20. Hell yea cool set up man! I have built alot of hydro stuff thats one off like yours I love it! Im also feeling the longer veg I usually veg a bit longer then some but the sog intrigues me I will be starting a small sog soon just for the hell of it but man I love having plants that will kick off 6 ozs a piece.