Little Brick Road Grow Journal

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by bwitsne, Sep 2, 2011.

1. #1 bwitsne, Sep 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2011
    Yes thats right take a toke and come walk on the little brick road as we journey my knowledge that I have learned from GrassCity grows. I think I can pull off a nice yield and do it right.

Yeah its my first grow,

Consists of unknown seeds, using the following

• Grow Medium: FoxFarms Ocean Soil
    • Sensi Nutes
      • Veg Sensi Grow Part A&B
      • Flower Sensi Bloom Part A&B
    • Advanced Nutes Big Bud
    • Advanced Nutes B-52
    • Advanced Nutes Overdrive
    • Advaned Nutes BudCandy <- Possibly
    Tools:

• Hanna Ph Meter with all the needed fluids for maintenance.
    • TDS/PPM Meter
    • Ph Up and Down & Calibration Fluids
    • Silicon Thermometer (Damn Accurate)

Currently this is the setup, has a port on the side of the box that is sealed to a 4" exhaust tube. Plan to upgrade the fan and that will remove the exhaust.

Other notes I am leaving tomorrow for 3 days. So I need to come up with a drip system for the plants. I do not plan on flowering in here, this is a temporary veg room only.

Day 3 -Feeding feeding RO Water only

I think these spots are a nute burn from the soil as fox farms is known to do this to seedlings.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Inside Grow 87, Outside 88, Room Temp Is around 81, Building Temp 76-78
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. very nice plant man, on the second pic, it looks like it has a small burn but other than that, great

3. Looks like they might be curling up a little from heat. Those lights do look like they might be 1/2" too close.

Do you know what nutrients your nuts have? Seems like you bought a large variety of nuts.

4. subbed :)

looks like a little light bleaching....your nodes are stacked..you could probably stand to move the lights up a little.

They look like they're growing super good though...imo when you see the leaves scrunch up like that it's because they're growing so fast and the leaves haven't had time to take shape yet..

5. #5 bwitsne, Sep 2, 2011
    What ever the burns are, they are minor. Im amazed at their growth rate.

I bought a Ph Meter and TDS/PPM meter Today along with calibration fluids.

I just used them and found out my water is slightly acidic.:confused:
    I put a few drops of ph down and got it to 6.3 and then watered all 5.

PPM is reading 297 after ph balancing.

As for the Nutes. I am not using them right now. I plan on starting Sensi Grow Part A&B week 2. You have to use additives to get the most out of your grow. My hydro dealer is really cool, he hooks everything up.

6. #6 iAMdela, Sep 2, 2011
    the burns are probably caused by heat since it is already hot in your cab and the lights are very close to the plants. you should probably bury the ridiculously long stems on your strechted plants. it will encourage a stronger stem and may even grow a few extra roots.

this always made sense to me: when the plants are hot, they don't want any more sunlight (and they're burning) so they start shriveling. probably only half true but it's an easy way to remember

7. looking good but heres a little tip. cfl lights are more effective when placed horizontally over the plants rather than vertically

8. #8 bwitsne, Sep 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2011
    Which is why I just got a Feliz 125Watt bulb, will be great.

Update:
    Got some new equipment. Plants are growing fast. :hello:
    The local hydrostore hooked me up with a killer setup.

Midnight Sun 1000 watt dimmable ballast 1000/750/600
    Eye Hortilux 1000 Watt HPS
    Eye Hortilux 1000 Watt MH
    HydroFarm 6" Vent Reflector
    6" Inline Fan
    6" Ducting
    GrowLab120
    General Hydroponics Kit, w/ drip ring :smoke:
    5 Gallon Bucket
    10" mesh net pot
    Added Advanced Nutrients B52 and Final Phase to my Nute System, 1qt each.

And some other goodies to go with. Still need some hydroton pelts, cloning gel, rockwool cubes, and an airpump.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lq533M91ULM"][/ame]Check out this jam: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lq533M91ULM[/ame]

9. #9 bwitsne, Sep 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2011
    Here are some photos, two are showing great growth. Veg Day 7 complete, Sprouted 10 Days ago.

Fed 1/2 strength SensiGrow Part A&B tonight. Ph is 6.5.-6.7. PPM is reading 960, I may need to recalibrate the meters again soon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

10. Just ordered some seeds from SingleSeedCentre since Attitude wouldn't accept any of my Cards. :( Hopefully singleseedcentre is fast and legit. fingers crossed

11. Update: Heres the current setup, I hope to convert into the final setup tomorrow. Stay tuned. One plant lost a limb due to a fan falling. Think itll be ok? Other then that the plants are doing nice now.

Once I get the final setup complete I plan on having the 125 watt cfl for the veg room.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

12. Attached Files:

13. #13 bwitsne, Sep 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2011
    Update: Fixed the ducting and removed about 15+ feet of unused duct.

Got a GRO Digital Dual Outlet Timer, has Day by Day settings as well as week by week. Lots of photos, transplanted into half gallon pots last night.

Fed RO water ph 6.5-6.6, PPM 300-310.

I transplanted into 66% fox farms ocean soil, 33% perlite for a total of 3 gallons of mix. I split it between the 4 pots which I am to guess are about half gallon pots

By the way, this tent is awesome! Heavy duty zippers are a huge plus :smoke:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

14. In all honesty I dont feel much excitement here on GrassCity anymore come on guys

15. #15 Bongsauce, Sep 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2011
    !!!!! #$%$%!!!!! ! !! ! !! :metal:

I'm still following along bud, they look great...you have a nice clean setup. ... make sure to raise your electrics off the floor later when water can be an issue....but I'm sure your on top of that :) I'm too stoned to think of much else to say

:wave:

*oh yeh, yer gonna love the the 1k..especially with the eye hort bulbs.

16. Im dealing with heat issues right now, I need to get a high velocity fan in front of the reflector to push that hot air out faster.

Any tips on cooling? Im trying to get everything out to the attic thru one 6" hose.

17. #17 Bongsauce, Sep 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2011
    hmm..I know you said you shortened the ducting..but if you can remove any more it might help. Arranging it so that the intake is sucking off the floor might help too, it kinda looks like the intake comes downs from above the tent, through the light and back up...and a separate exhaust for your carbon filter?

It's kinda hard to say exactly what will work. Best to just try a few of these arrangements and see if they work.

try hanging the filter above, tubing to fan, fan on hood, pushing air out the attic...er maybe I should just draw real quick. (attached)

make sure your plants are in a safe spot first...I've seen way too many grows ruined because stuff fell on them.

#1 - not quite as efficient as #2

#2 might be a pain if the tent can't support the filter, or if you can't lift it alone. but this probably the most efficient design.

#3 - if you need a little extra cooling separate the light's exhaust.

#4 kinda last resort if you can't lift/hang the filter in the tent. just make sure to prefilter or you'll wear out your filter. also make sure you're not pumping a ton of humidity into your attic later cuz it can cause major mold problems down the road,

you really need to get an inline fan..those boosters won't cut it. I'd get a nice 6" inline and go with #2...a single run like that. Alot of dudes use a an 'S' curve of 6" pvc on the intakes to lightproof btw. You can also see that I put the fan before the light in each pic...it's not a huge difference but putting it before reduces wear on the fan because it's not sucking all that heat through it...like I said not a huge difference but a simple measure that helps extend the life of those fans a little. Also, once you get an inline don't worry about putting it before..the vibrations aren't good for the bulb..and inlines can take the heat np.

Attached Files:

18. The filter only weighs 20lbs or so the tent can support it which is another reason I love the tent.
    I just ordered a high velocity fan, 435CFM and will use it like so:

Carbon Filter>High Velocity Fan>Reflector>Booster Fan>Ducting outside the tent to the attic.

I wont need any light proofing as the tent provides that.

So until then my babies are going to be in the heat for the next few days

19. yeh I'd do like the #2 design and attach the stronger fan directly to the filter..tehn some ducting to the light...piping out to the attic..I don't think the boosterfan will be necessary with a good inline fan and less then like 20' of ducting.....might even restrict the flow a little.

You'll probably need two of the lower intakes wide open when you run the inline, which is why I suggested the 'S' curve to lighttrap...otherwise the neg. pressure will suck in the walls of the tent.

20. Once I get that in there I hope my temps drop a lot, should be here Wednesday or Friday.

As for passive vents I plan on leaving 3 6" vents open.