1000w Perpetual SOG - Tent grow!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by chongNC, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Been a year since my first, 150w single plant grow, and I've done a lot since then. I owe most of what I know to this community so I just wanted to share my little tent grow with you guys and gals.

Using a 4'x8' el-cheapo tent from Ebay, I'm splitting it down the middle giving me an 18/6 chamber, and a 12/12. I use a 150w HPS to grow mama, and T5's to root and grow clones. On the right side of the tent, I built a table to grow on and I'm using a 45"x45"x45" cab to flower the girls under a 1000w HPS. There is virtually no stretch, they enter the cab about 4" tall, and finish 8 weeks later around 10". (Normally about 8"-12")

This is the left half of the tent. We have 4 shelves on the left side, top was used once with that 150w lamp above it to veg some girls. Next shelf has the chemicals and things on it. Next we have a propagation dome on a heating pad with T5's above it, and on the bottom shelf is a hill-billy clean water system. (Just a tub with some air stones, a water pump, and hit it with hydrogen peroxide every few days) And last, on the right side of this cab is a 150w HPS lamp growing mama and a box fan to keep it all cool.

DSCF0395.jpg

30 clones, about a week old:

DSCF0396.jpg

Pic of both sides open:

DSCF0400.jpg

Flowering chamber:

DSCF0401.jpg

Two sets, one 4ish weeks and one 2ish weeks into flowering:

DSCF0402.jpg

DSCF0404.jpg

Finishing them around 10":

DSCF0406.jpg

Tops of finishers normally 16" or 17" from the glass on the 1000w hood:

DSCF0407.jpg

And that's it folks. Thanks for looking!

2. Wanted to plug this product. 100% success since I started using them.

[​IMG]

3. I was just messing in the tent and I noticed growth on the tubes in the "clean water" res.. It's def some sort of fungi or something bacterial, I read some info on here about hydrogen peroxide and I'm not sure I was using enough... Anyone had the same issue? I'll take pics.

Thanks!

4. This is a regular little clear air tube that's caked up with some sort of growth on it. I hit it with a little more hydrogen peroxide than normal to try and clear it up, I'm not sure that's even the right thing to do.

DSCF0410.jpg

5. Maybe I'm tripping but I got up this morning and it looks like the air tube is a bit clearer. Still covered in the growth, but not nearly as thick. Anyone have experience with this? Any help would be appreciated!

6. I think I was tripping.. Still all jacked up..

Bumping for help? :smoke:

7. in for the love of sogs.
    i'm sick but when i am feeling better i shall read.

8. Still battling whatever funk is growing on the air hoses in my water res.

I'm probably just going to empty and clean it and treat it with just a bit more with hydrogen peroxide and hope it doesn't come back. IF it comes back I'm gonna blow this thread up. lol

9. Dude, you give me hope for NC. Lol.

10. I am looking at doing a similar setup and was just wondering a few things. What strain(s) are you using? Do you veg your clones before they go into flower? and what kind of yield do you get per plant?

Big ups.
    MaryJane

11. What up Smurf! Yessir - tryin to keep it real for NC. :smoke: Great to see you again!

MJ - It's Nirvana Bubblicious. I don't veg at all, 2 weeks in the humidity dome then they go straight under the 1000w HPS. Typically average 7g per plant dried. Found that 4 per 6"x6" pot fares the best. (16 per square foot) I think it's a fantastic way to grow if you can manage taking dozens of clones every few weeks.

Thanks for stopping in fellas!

12. Sweet man!

Quick question.. If the plants are spread out by 2 weeks in the flowering office, that gives you constant chronic if you throw (__ Amount) of clones in as soon as you harvest the older set? At how many weeks? on Average.

Looking awesome.

13. [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Mylar-Reflective-Hydroponics-Hydro-Cabinet/dp/B003VWA5HM/ref=sr_1_5?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1314514172&sr=1-5]Amazon.com: New Mylar Reflective 96" X 48" X 78" Hydroponics Grow Tent Hydro Box Hut Cabinet: Home & Garden[/ame]

Would this work?
    Can i split this in half pretty much just like yours?
    I just want a little bigger cause imma big guy. lol.

14. Holy shit I think I'm about to have the same set up. A 150 hps momma/clone chamber on top closet. Closet is 8ft wide and 4ft deep. Gonna slpit it in two and have a 400w mh veg room, 1000w hps flowerchamber. 10000btu ac pushing air over lights and one keeping room cool. Anyways I'm glad for nc.

15. Also can i get the ages of the clones, you start 30 when your eldest plant reaches 4 weeks? Or do you put clones in the hatch progressively?

16. I'm trying to piece this perpetual grow together and its great, My question is.

You have 30 clones already 1 week old. ( you have them spend a total of 2 in dome)
    Your youngest set of flowering are apx 2 weeks. And your eldest 4 weeks.

AFTER THE 1 MORE WEEK:

That gives you 15 more plants in your budding cab while your eldest plant is 5 weeks into flower and still has 3 left to finish? Am i calculating this wrong? Srry man.. i just think you inspired my winter grow.

17. I'm a little stoned but I'm going to answer all your questions after I finish this blunt.

18. Alright, first - Will someone identify this piece of shit? I call it a hermie.

DSCF0417.jpg

DSCF0418.jpg

Ideally, I'd be taking 32 clones every 2 weeks. Making room for the new clones by moving the 2 week old clones to the flowering chamber. Make room in the flowering chamber by taking out the group that is 8 weeks old. At 7g per stick that'd be 8 oz's every 2 weeks. It works and it did work in the winter and spring but it all crashed during the heat wave. Multiple issues caused a shut-down and I'm just getting it running again. I haven't been so precise this time, I am roughly doing cuttings every 2.5ish weeks. I have three sets in flower as of today.

Here is 40 clones I just cut.

DSCF0428.jpg

Saved 2 from the last batch for new mothers, need to make room for them somewhere, or rig up that other 150w light to grow them. It's all a pain in the ass cause running the other 150w light makes everything run a little hotter.

DSCF0429.jpg

28 new ones, put in today. 20 middle age, maybe 3 weeks old. 26 oldest, maybe 5 or 6 weeks old. The oldest have been through serious hell. I ran a 12,000 BTU portable AC unit for a long time, it took a shit and they experienced the 120's one time.. Another time my air handler at the house went out and they experienced 120's again.. Both times I had to turn off the light for a day at a time until it was fixed. No wonder they look freaking hermie.

DSCF0431.jpg

DSCF0432.jpg

19. Thats just your seed pod bro. It shouldnt have a seed in it unless its pollinated.. pop it, it'll smell good.

20. Alright man its making more sence. I know for a fact that aint hermie bro. you'd have seeds throughout your buds. those are just seed pods i bet there in the same spot under ever bud.