First Grow Ever!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by bluedream420x, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Hey guys, I'm new to growing and am starting my first grow. I'm growing one plant from a bag of some unknown dank (indica strain if I remember correctly) in a 1.5x2x3 cabinet with a 150 watt HPS lighting fixture and a small fan for air circulation. I will also have a carbon scrubber outside of the cabinet for smell. I am currently in the process of germinating my seed and will be planting it in a solo cup with organic soil which I may add perlite and lime too if I can get some. The whole grow will be on 12/12 lighting and I will hopefully be planning on harvesting a 1-2' tall plant yielding about 30 grams in about eight weeks. I will be posting pictures of my setup and such once the seed has germinated and planted. Please feel free to make comments and suggestions as the grow continues! :smoke:

2. Day 1

I decided to add another seed to the process to increase my chances of getting a female. One seed has shown it's taproot and I planted it into a solo cup. PH is normal and I'll be putting it under the HPS at 7pm. I picked up a bottle of FoxFarm Big Bloom yesterday and I will start using it once my seedling has sprouted. I didn't take a picture of the cup full of soil because it's just a cup full of soil, but I did take a few pictures of my set up. When the HPS was turned on it kind of messed up my camera, but you get the main idea.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. wow dude i can't wait to see how this turns out, ill be following this thread for sure! keep us updated and GOOD LUCK!

4. ^thanks man I appreciate the enthusiasm :)

Day 5

I germinated a third seed and added it to the mix a few days ago. The first seed I germinated has sprouted and looks pretty nice so far. I did have a little problems with it being trapped under the soil after sprouting and I had to move it to allow it to grow vertically. Here is a picture of the one that sprouted and I have to others under the lights besides this one, but neither have sprouted yet. Awesome news by the way, I just ordered a little cheese autoflower for an outdoor grow and some lemon skunk for my next indoor. Plus, I got some burmese kush seeds and also some big bud seeds for free from herbies pick n mix.

I'll keep you guys updated!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Looks good man, keep up the nice work

6. Day 6

whats up guys? Another one of my seeds sprouted this morning which makes me pretty excited, just waiting on that third one. Here's some pics of the new seedling and the progress on the first one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Day 9

sup guys, just had my third baby pop its head out from underneath the soil. The two other plants have been doing great. The first one is shorter than the second, but they both look like they're starting to grow their second sets of leaves (at least the first one) so I'm hoping to see some more from those in the morning. I did have one question that hopefully someone could help me out with. Next weekend I'm going to have to leave town for two days and I was wondering if I should move my plants outside, or just keep them inside on a dark cycle or just sitting in my room. Anyways, here are some pictures from just a few minutes ago after I gave my babies their mist bath. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Day 17

Hey guys, sorry I haven't posted back in a while. My babies have gotten a lot of new growth and I'm hoping to see their sex pretty soon :)

ps my camera is being really shitty right now for some reason, but I'll be posting more pictures soon

[​IMG]

1st
    [​IMG]

2nd (I'm pretty sure that this is a different strain than the other two as it's significantly taller and the leaves have developed differently)
    [​IMG]

3rd
    [​IMG]