Second grow attempt: 7 strains about fifty plants

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Snowskate328, Jul 29, 2011.

1. #1 Snowskate328, Jul 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2011
    Legal medical grow!!

Link to Hydro start... The "First Five"

Strains:(seed) Headband, (clone)Grape Krush,(clone) Purple VooDoo,(clone) Herojuana,(seed) Mango/Papaya,(seed) Romulan, and (seed)Unknown Budda

Grow Room: Size: 18 feet long 10 feet wide 9 feet high (lots of room to expand!!)
    Light: 1000w hps aircooled cooled xtrasun hood, 90 watt led ufo and 45 watt led grow pannel
    Ballast: hydrofarm 1000 watt hps
    Soil: Foxfarm ocean forest
    Nutrients: general hydroponics
    History:
    Five of the plants were started over two months ago and they have been through hell. The "First Five": One headband herojuana side view.jpg all from clones.They were started in a DIY DWC hydro set up under some led lights and in a small ass grow tent. There were heat issues both in the tent and in the DWC rez. [​IMG]so end result was root rot and plants that just didn't grow for shit because the air temps were way too high:mad:... At this point my girlfriend decided to help take over the growing and we switched to soil...Transplanted them all into fox farm ocean forest soil and put them in a huge room under a 1000w hps light. They have taken off like crazy going from six inches and less to over foot and a half in three weeks.

Now for the rest of the plants... got 200+ hundred Mango/Papaya in an ounce we bought... decided to germinate about fifty or so... had almost 100% success with paper towel in plastic bag.:hello: way more than expected... They have been going for between 1 and 2 weeks depending on how long it took them to germinate. They are also in foxfarm ocean forest soil. We also got a romulan and 3 unknown budda mango set.jpg were just transplanted last night into one gallon bags.

Plan:
    Transplant the "first five" into five gallon bags within the next 2 weeks. Also transplant between ten to fifteen of the mangos and the romulan and three buddas from the one gallon bags to five gallons within the next month. The rest of the mangos Led mango.jpg will be veged out under the led lights and transplanted into one gallon bags. Then the spare mangos will be given to patients with low income situations once they are ready to flower.[​IMG]
    Hopefully we will be able to afford another 1000w hps light by the time we flower at the end of the month. so we can get a good yeild. Before we flower we will be taking clones so we can keep the strains going. also it will help us harvest every two months give or take a little...

Well there is all the info... HERE WE GROW!!!

Attached Files:

2. wide light 2.jpg
    Here is two wider shots of the room and the plants

air exust.jpg
    the air is being vented through our getto door and out into the house

veg tent.jpg
    Veg tent here in a few weeks

getto door.jpg
    Sound system for when we are working in the room and some nice bud pics and random info posted on the wall

Attached Files:

3. Damn dude! Subbed for sure! My plants look good? Yours look amazing! I love the set up. I just ordered a 150watt HPS for my closet. Hows the LEDs working for you? I'm thinking of building or buying one for my closet grow

4. #4 Snowskate328, Jul 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    The LEDs are working out great for veging.. Nice and compact nodes... They don't do so well with penetration so I would recommend having some cfls or some kind of light on the sides to help out lower plants

5. Yeah I was thinking about doing that. I'm getting a HPS for the closet but I want to still use a few CFLs. I'd do the same with LEDs and CFLs if I do it for my trunk

6. That should def work out well for ya!!

7. I hope so. Should be here by Friday :)

8. Woke up today and Herojuana was very thirsty looking. She took just under a gallon and is looking much better now!
    Herojuana.jpg

Here is a wide shot of the plants
    mango wide.jpg

Here is a close up of a mango thats under the 1000w
    close up mangos.jpg

And the mangos under the LED's have taken off like crazy.
    led close.jpg

Attached Files:

9. Nice opp you've got going on. I want to get my set up to this level.

10. Thanks dude!! I just hope everything works out this time unlike the last. But i'm feeling pretty confident about this attempt.

11. As you should! I wish I had room to do a grow setup like yours. I'm doing okay for now. I might be expanding my cloning station soon. Thinking about using a terrarium as a box ands run some T5s across it. Easy to keep humidity inside

12. That would work out pretty well. we def have to think about getting a bigger cloner here soon..... Maybe we are debating right now haha

13. What kind of cloner are you using now?

14. Just a germination box with a bulb

Attached Files:

15. You want a taller one or overall larger one?

16. Looking to get over all bigger one

17. O okay. If you want a taller one for the time being, I took some chloroplast and cut it to fit the bottom and top of my little germinating thing and made them about a foot tall. So now my little one for germinating seeds holds my clones. I'll try and get a picture of it for you tonight. I had a late day at work so I forgot when I got home. My bad. I think I have pictures of it in my trunk grow. If you look in my signature and look into my trunk grow and find my little rooting clones you can see. I just have 3 Jilly Beans and a couple small Grand Daddy Purps

18. JUST GOT A NEW YORK CITY DIESEL SEED!! so happy will be germinating in few weeks

19. Nice!!!!!! I've been curious about That one

20. Yeah I can't wait. And thanks for the advice we are def gonna go with what you did in your trunk grow