250w HPS Autoflower Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Snoop420Haze, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Hey GC!
    I've been reading and learning for the last 2 years and I finally got a camera today so it's high time I start a journal.

I have a grow currently underway, just haven't been able to document it before this, so here we go! It's my first grow by the way.

The Setup
    Secret Jardin DR90 II
    GIB 250 watt MH/HPS with cool tube
    A1 RVK inline fan
    Carbon filter
    Oscillating fan

Medium/Nutrients
    Biobizz All Mix in 10litre pots
    Biobizz BioGrow
    Biobizz BioBloom
    Meridian Organic Blackstrap Molasses
    Aloe Vera Juice

The Strains
    2 x Easy Ryders from The Joint Doctor
    1 x Pakistan Ryder from World of Seeds
    1 x Speed Devil #2 from Sweet Seeds (this was given to me about 1.5 weeks before flower by a friend)

Lighting schedule is 18/6
    I had an MH running the first 2 weeks but changed to HPS when the Speed Devil started flowering...I'm pretty sure it won't do any harm for the other 3 in veg.

So today is
    Day 24
    Speed Devil Bloom Day 8

Pics
    First pic is of my setup
    Pic 2 & 3 are my first Easy Ryder. I will be letting this grow by itself and LSTing the other to compare results.
    Pic 4 is the second ER, a little stretchier than the other, and Pic 5 is after LST
    Pic 6 is the Pakistan Ryder
    Pic 7 is the Paki after LST

Attached Files:

2. Pic 1-3 of this post is the Speed Devil

All the babies received their first feeding of BioGrow last night, ~1.5ml per 2 litres
    The Speed Devil was only fed nutes once, 1.5ml BioBloom and ~1tsp molasses, and will be due another soon
    I had a problem with cold temps at the start which I think slowed growth on the babies but as you can see I have that sorted for now, maybe you can see in the pic of my setup I put the ballast inside in a hanging basket.

Pic 4 is a problem I have with the Speed Devil.
    The lower leaves started with these small yellow spots and it has grown to this...this leaf is the worst one and there are a very small few like this but does anyone have any idea what it might be?
    There are some small holes and I've searched all over for pests but can't find any:confused:

Anyway that's it for now, I'm just keeping this for myself and for help from people who know better than I do so all comments are appreciated!

All that work done, time to smoke some homegrown and the last of my QWISO

Keep 'er lit GC!:smoke:

Attached Files:

3. Sorry forgot to upload the plant problem pic!

Attached Files:

4. Maybe bugs? Or a mutation, was it always like that? Or I've seen some temp problems resulting like that.

5. Can't find any bugs in there...and no it wasn't always like that...
    It was first planted in B&Q's brand soil
    http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=10288013&fh_view_size=10&fh_location=%2f%2fcatalog01%2fen_GB%2fcategories%3C{9372012}%2fcategories%3C{9372025}%2fcategories%3C{9392040}%2fspecificationsProductType%3dcomposts___fertilisers%2fspecificationsSpecificProductType%3dmulti_purpose_compost&fh_eds=%C3%9F&isSearch=false
    and then my friend gave it to me and I transplanted into Biobizz All Mix, do you think that would have anything to do with it?

It's not a major problem anyway, it's just on the leaves the yellow spots started on, mainly at the bottom.
    The rest of the plant is fine, I just want to know what caused it

6. Pakistan ryder looks good. I like that easy ryder. Can't wait for your paki to grow up!

7. Alright so a little update:
    There was more growth out of the LST'd Easy Ryder so I tied her again to start her around the pot. The Paki Ryder is a lot smaller, I'm going to leave it another couple of days to gain some height and then start pulling her around.
    I also pulled the main stems the opposite way to keep them kind of horizontal.

The non-LST'd ER is doing well, growing bigger every day and the Speed Devil is showing the first bit of frost.

Pic 1 & 2: The Easy Ryder LST
    Pic 3: Paki LST
    Pic 4: Easy Ryder

Attached Files:

8. All pics of Speed Devil #2

Attached Files:

9. And a little bit of bud I got, a little too dry but nice!

Attached Files:

10. More LST
    Pic 1 is Easy Ryder
    Pic 2 is the Paki
    Pic 3 is the free growing ER, she is 15" tall right now and has pretty much started to flower, she's got a little white hairy top started.

Things are a lot healthier looking in my tent now, and the Speed Devil has recovered wonderfully from whatever was wrong with her. She's 27" tall and that's as tall as she's getting.

Oh and a pic of some nice pollen I'm smokin on! Can't get a great pic with this dodgy camera

Peace
    Blaze To This
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bawK5Vhfp_c]‪Tha Dogg Pound - Ridin', Slipin' And Slidin'‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Attached Files:

11. Hmmm, Pollen looks yummy!

They alll look like they are growing really well. I just got 2 250w hps lights from work because they switched all their parking lights from hps to LED. How do you like your 250w?

12. It's good yeah, I'm just a little pissed that I put so many under it, I should have left it at 2 or 3 plants at most but next time I'll know!
    2 250w lights would be the job, I'm wishing now I had just paid that little extra for a 400w. What size is your grow space? Tent?

13. I recently just cleared out a space under my staircase leading down to my basement. Its 67" tall and 81" wide. Its a triangle tho.

14. More updates! I don't have much to write about, I think that pictures speak louder than words. I'm just really pleased with how all is going, it's turning out a lot better than I expected from my first grow!

Pic 1: Easy Ryder with more LST
    Pic 2: Paki Ryder with more LST
    All other pics are the other Easy Ryder

Attached Files:

15. #15 Snoop420Haze, Aug 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2011
    First 3 pics are Speed Devil
    Pic 4 is a group shot
    Last 3 are what I'm smoking today, some nice no name ganja and a little hash I made in my pollen press, very strong and tasty stuff!

Attached Files:

16. More pics!
    Day 40

Things are going good, all looking healthy and temps are staying alright....for now, with the dodgy weather you don't know what you're going to get.
    I'm getting impatient with the Speed Devil now, I really want it to finish up because I need more space in there but she still has a good bit to go.
    The Paki has taken well to the LST, I can see 5 cola sites, while the Easy Ryder is just a mess of leaves...maybe it's because she was so stretchy from the start but it's hard to get any structure going if that makes sense.
    The other ER is pretty good looking, she's getting taller every day and starting to branch out more too.

Pic 1 is a group shot, you can see what I mean about losing space
    Pic 2 & 3 are the Paki
    Pic 4 is the LST Easy Ryder
    Last 3 are the other Easy Ryder

Attached Files:

17. And the Speed Devil

You can see in the third pic some of the large fan leaves are yellowing and drying up but all the leaves around her buds are green and healthy. Can anyone tell me if this is ok?
    I'm pretty sure it's normal during flower but just would like some reassurance?

Attached Files:

18. All the large fan leaves will yellow and brown up. I usually cut them off once they are half yellow. The bud, and bud leaves are taking the nutrients and glucose that were stored and converted in the fan leaves.

Looks good bro

19. Looks great snoop. Very profesional looking. Keep it up!

20. Yeah I thought that about the leaves yellowing, thanks for the confirmation.
    And Xecutive thanks for stopping by!