She smelled like Vanilla_____400W/Tent/Soil/Barney's VK

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by gsxrkid750, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Wassup GC, back for another go around:cool:. Barney's Vanilla Kush, 400W MH/HPS. Epsoma soil, Coast of Maine soil, extra perlite, and I am adding Fox Farm's Ocean Forest to my mix for the first time. Fox Farm GB, BB, TB, Superthrive, Snow Storm Ultra are the nutes. May try some different flowering nutes down the road. Germ'd the girls in wet paper towel on top of my fridge for 36 hours. Works every time:). Planted them this morning and obviously they're under CFLs for now. Be back with updates when they break ground :bongin:

Attached Files:

2. Two broke ground today:). Just waiting on the other three :rolleyes:.

3. Heyyy man, lookin to grow some VK myself in the near future... subbbbed:smoke:

4. Hey Buddz, thanks for showing interest.

So I seem to have two over-achievers:). Not worried about the other three.....yet. I may throw those cups in a cabinet that's over my fridge to warm them up a little. It runs about 92F in there. Admittedly their tails were shorter than the other two when they went underground. Till next time :bongin:

Attached Files:

5. So tonight I placed the remaining 3 cups in my cabinet to heat them up a little more until I see a seedling:rolleyes:. It's about 91F where my tent is about 80F. I'll leave them in there overnight.

6. #6 gsxrkid750, Jul 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2011
    Two more broke ground today:). More pics tonight.

7. So I now have 4 gals above ground. The one in the back is the latest to pop up. Still waiting on #3. I put the cup back in the cabinet today to help. Watered the two biggest seedlings this morning. Little bit of epsom salt and Superthrive, pH'ed of course. Till next time :bongin:

Attached Files:

8. Does the last one, labeled #4 have different soil?? Gonna be nice man, I am seriously looking at getting some VK myself.

9. No, it's the same soil. After germinating for 36 hours #4 had the 4th longest "tail". So Im a little surprised #5 popped before it, and more surprised #3 hasn't yet as well. I'm gonna be patient and let Mother Nature do her thing.....:eek::rolleyes:.

10. #10 gsxrkid750, Jul 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2011
    Still waiting on #3 :mad:. If it doesn't brake ground by tomorrow night I have a White Skunk, Special Queen or Afghan seed I can germinate.

11. Day 5

So the two big seedlings are on day 5. The next smallest one is day 2 and the next day 1. So I don't think VK3 is going to make it, so just in case I started germinating a White Skunk seed I had from my last grow. Ordering a 400W MH conversion bulb this weekend so I can start using it by next weekend the latest. Till next time :bongin:

Attached Files:

12. Day 7

So they all look good. The cup labeled #3 is actually a White Skunk from Seedism that I started up because VK#3 didn't make it above ground after a week in the dirt:mad:. Transplanting in 7-10 days and my 400w MH conversion bulb will be here by Friday:rolleyes:. Till next time :bongin:

Attached Files:

13. Thats looking really good man how long are you planning on vegging these or are these going to be mothers? It looks like you pretty much have the same setup as me but a much better grow space. I really want a 4x4 tent with a 1000w cool tube.. Hows your temps run with the 400?

14. I am going to veg them around 32 days. No moms. These bitches are putting out:D. I have the AC in my room on pretty much 24/7. Temps don't go above 82F. Humidity is lower than I would like it but I'm not ready to purchase a humidifier for the tent. Thanks for stopping in.

15. #15 zq8s10, Aug 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2011

Subbed..

Thats great, I wished I could get my temps down, it feels cool in my closet but it reads 84.. do you think thats too hot for flowering? Summer will be over whenI switch the lights, but its easier to keep warm in there than cool..

Does the tent leak light at all? Can't wait to see it after your FIM job and you throw the mh in there.. In my experience the mh really puts em' in high gear around day 15 compared to the cfls.. have you set yourself any goals as far as yield goes?

16. I would say 85F is the limit for flowering or veg. My tent had little pinhole light leaks along some of the seams:mad: and it just wasn't designed with the thought and craftsmanship Secret Jardin tents are. But you get what you pay for:eek:.....sometimes. As far as yield I would be happy with 2oz per plant. My first serious grow I grew a Nirvana Chrystal with 300+ watts of CFLs in a DR40 and pulled 3.25oz! Kinda of ruined me for future yield expectations lol.

17. Day 8

As always the days reflect time above ground for the 2 biggest gals. Nice growth the past 30hours. Leaves are a little wrinkled from lack of humidity I presume. I gotta have the AC on constantly right now which is severely drying out the air. The 2 little ones on the left are stunted or something, growing so slow. They'll get some Superthrive tonight or tomorrow morning.

Attached Files:

18. 2 per plant sounds great, Im with you on the expectations thing, I always grew outdoor, and yield is always better.. I'm hoping for about 1.5 off each of mine, but I don't quite have the space you have either, my 5 are crowded up in a 2.5x2 area, so I'm sure that will make it hard to get light to lower buds..

I'll keep that in mind about the secret jardins, I wished I had the cash to get one now.. but anyways, your two bigger girls are looking amazing, and I had a runt as well, ended up just replacing her... couldnt seem to develop a good rooting system. Our grows will be pretty much timed about the same..

How do you dry your bud? I've always had problems with this part of cultivation... I can grow some super ganga, it always better than most stuff floating around here, but as far as smell goes, I can never get it to smell like the 400 an o stuff you buy, ya know? I believe on my first grow, I took advice and waited till stems snapped in half when bent, the buds had no weight to them, and smelled like hay... my last grow was almost right, I waited till the buds were really dry, but the stem still had a little moisture to it to allow it to bend, then jarred.. the buds were about perfect as far as moisture and weight went, but they never got a really strong smell to them like the stuff you buy..

19. ZQ, I would suggest going to the Harvesting & Curing section and read Rumpleforeskins sticky on drying and curing. Many of us on GC swear by it.

20. Day 10

I put a large tupperware container filled with water behind the plants to attempt to add some humidity to the tent. I have a small fan running in the tent at all times, maybe I will put a rag in the water to get faster evaporation. What do you guys think? Some of the leaves on #'s 1& 2 are a little drier than I would like. MH conversion bulb going in this weekend:). Depending on growth the 3 largest may get transplanted as well. Till next time :bongin:

Attached Files: