Super Lemon Haze - Magnum LED Journal

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by TranceKid, Jul 21, 2011.

1. #1 TranceKid, Jul 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
    Hey Blades, this is my next legal medical grow. All patients I grow for, including myself, are verified with a doctor's recommendation, ID and previous medical records. Any and all donations receive are used to pay for electricity, water, nutrients, equipment and other costs of maintaining the grow. Cost of all the equipment was about $2,200.

Tent: Hydrohut Silver Edition 5x5.
    Ventilation: 6" Max Fan inline fan. 2 Air king 6" fans.
    Medium: 3 gal Smart pots with Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil.
    Air filter: Can 66 carbon filter.
    Cooling: 5,000 BTU air conditioner.
    Lighting: 2 Magnum 357 LED panels.
    Nutrients: Complete House & Garden nutrient line.
    Other: Ozone Jr. ozone generator.

I hope to start soon. I still have a few things to do before I can germinate seeds. :eek:

2. Sounds good and a nice setup you got there. I am at a point where I am ready to purchase a pair of led panels but I just got a word that there are two new Magnum models coming out in Oct. Are you familiar w/ the rumor? Supposedly the Magnum plus will actually draw 357w and will feature some crazy lense angles. I would love to learn more about this if you have any info.

3. HEELLL YEEAAAHH BROTHER ! :yay: Sounds awesome, can't wait till you get up and growing !!

4. #4 TranceKid, Jul 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
    All I heard was the newer ones would have an upgraded power supply; I'm not that sure. What I can say is a combo between 60 and 90 degree lenses are the best to grow...All 60, all 90 or any of those other ones like 120 really don't sell to me. :(

Oh and these models draw 180w each but have an output of 357w of pure LED power each. So two panels draw 360w of electricity to produce 714w of led light. HPS/MH lights produce a lot of light but not all is absorbed. Good quality LEDs seem to produce light that is 95%-97% absorbed by the plants. :) So in my opinion, these LEDs seem worth buying soon. :)

5. Also with this grow I'll also give a review of the magnum LEDs. I can start with the company. I purchased the panels around 1pm and they shipped a few hours later. Shipping seems to go pretty darn quick for being international. Some people have claimed to have been charged a tax or shipping charge...this isn't the case. Shipping is already included in the $749 price tag.

If anyone would like a coupon code for -$100 off every magnum panel you buy, send me a pm :)

6. Looks like panel shipping shouldn't take that long... I ordered a few days ago and it''l probably be here by Monday or Tuesday. The grow area is almost completely set up...This damn job of mine is taking away all my time and energy to even set it all up. :(

7. Damn I thought I was subbed to your new grow. Over-medicated me:smoke:

8. Good Luck on the set up..... I know you wanna take your time and do it right. Fuck that damn job !! Got you all wiped out & shit man, that sucks. Get some rest brother, can't wait to see this come together ! :smoke:

9. Waiting to see this in action. Sounding pretty sweet.

10. For those who wanted to know how much the set up would be without the two LED panels, it would be about $900. Keep in mind I'm good friends with my local hydro store guys and they always help me out a little, especially since I drop by very often and buy little things here and there. :smoke:

11. #13 TranceKid, Jul 26, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
    I thought I should do a tent review. The tent in question is the 5x5 Silver Edition Hydrohut. Heres the grading:
    Light tightness - 10/10
    Quality - 9/10
    Price - 7/10
    Duct & cable holes - 10/10

I gave light tightness a 10/10 because it is very good at keeping light out. I got inside and closed it up and saw small areas of light that are fixable by either small pieces of duck tape or re-closing the areas. DO NOT USE THE PASSIVE AIR VENTS.
    Quality I gave a 9/10 because of the small little dots I found on the side of the tent that needed a little bit of duck tape. Nothing major or unfix-able.
    Price I gave a 7/10 considering most hydro stores in my area sell this tent for around $400-$420.
    Ducting & cable holes got a 10/10 because there is enough for all my needs. (2 lights, 1-2 circulation fans, 1 intake ducting, 1 exhaust ducting) And the holes have 2 closeable covers: one inside and outside which makes them ultra light tight :)
    :)

12. #14 TranceKid, Jul 26, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
    Set up is ready to go and seeds were placed in a warm dark area in wet paper towels. WIll plant them as soon as the little stem breaks out. :)
    Led panels are pretty big and POWERFUL........I thought my 1,000w HPS was bright...these LED panels make the HPS look like crap. Sunglasses are a serious MUST, especially if you're fair skinned.:smoke:

[​IMG]

That is what the tent looks like with the panels on "full spectrum". The panels can be set to Veg only, flower only or both at the same time.

With these LED panels, I have about 5.5-6 ft of growing space. This tent is pretty darn tall. :)

I also left the a/c on for about an hour. Temperatures dropped from 80 to 70 in the tent with the lights on. Humidity went from 52% to 39-40%.

13. Any questions/concerns are welcome here as well as tips/tricks would be appreciated! :smoke:

14. are you going to bring those lights closer

15. Wow awesome man, sub'd for sure.

16. I'm going to plant the seeds first and then when the seedlings break soil I'll lower the lights. I'll give the plants 24/7 light for the first few days and then switch to 18/6.

17. This grow is looking awesome already, i cant wait to see not only the results but how fast they will grow.

18. 6 out of 8 seeds germinated. I will plant all 8 once they all break open. :smoke: