White Widow/ Afghani Gold 1st time grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by seannery, Jul 21, 2011.

1. 400w

2 Fem White Widows 6 weeks into bloom
    1 Afgani Gold in first week of bloom (not sure if its female yet)

in soil, Using Bontanicare nutes

This is my fist sucessful grow, the previous attempt yeilded all males.

Attached Files:

2. #2 seannery, Jul 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2011
    Here are two more of WW's since the other pics are blurry. At the end of week 5.

Attached Files:

3. Here are a few pics of the two White Widows at 2 weeks into bloom.

Attached Files:

4. I just figured out I wasn't shaking the nutes to keep them mixed before using them, so hopefully the buds will really add on some weight in the next 3 weeks, given that they haven't really been getting the proper dose of nutes up until this point.

Bonehead move on my part, Im hoping that the two white widow plants gimme a couple ounces each. Still not sure on the sex of the Afghani Gold.

5. Dont forget to give them some organic molassas...

6. Whats that good for?

7. little things, like bigger buds and more trics!! lol..... Seriously, there are many benefits to using molassas, the main one is feeding the bacteria colonies in the root mass which in turn feed the roots. There are several threads here that really go into it way better than I can from the technical side, so please check them out. But I'll cut to the chase for you, in a 5g bucket of water put between 2-5 tablespoons of molassas (ive gone as high as 8 at times) into the bucket and mix completely. It can be mixed with just water or into your nute solution but Id watch ppms if you mix it in nutes just to be safe, though some people dont. Do not use hot water from the water heater ever! Since your plants havent been given any, try 4 tbs the first time. You will see a visible difference in tricomes in 24-48 hrs, then cut it to 2tbs and see how it goes. The +'s outweigh any of the -'s it may have, like attacting insects if you use too much..It works for all plants ( I think its the only ingredient in a couple off the shelf plant ferts, like shultz liquid plant food), but I noticed a big difference on a ww with it vs ww without... i grow a g13 ww from 2006

8. Thanks for the tip

9. #9 seannery, Jul 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2011
    I just found that the Afghani Gold in the red pot is a female, so I got that going for me which is nice.
    Here are the ladies plus a little veg room I just made and am planning to deck out in cfls.

3 weeks till the White Widows get harvested.

Attached Files:

10. The Afghani Gold turned out male after all, so its goe now. But I've germinated and planted 5 fem chronic seeds that are sprouts now. They will start out in the box and move on to the big room once the WWs have been harvested.

11. Well here are the girls at almost 6 weeks into bloom. I wonder if i should remove some leaves to spread more light to buds. Any Suggestions?

It looks to me with about 3 weeks left till they get harvested they have around 3 oz. between them. How much will the buds grow in the last three weeks.
    Can I expect them to swell significantly?
    Any Predictions on Yield?

Help me out grass city.

Attached Files:

12. #12 seannery, Aug 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2011
    Well, its now week 7 of bloom for my fair ladies. Here are some picks. I hope that they fill out a lil more cause right now it looks like there's about 3 zips on them combined And I was hoping for more like 5 zips. How much wieght is it normal for plants to gain in the last third of their bloom cycle?

Any estimates of how much they will yield? closest guess gets a pat on the back? Guess right on and i'll discretely mail you a twenty sac of it once it's harvested and cured next month. How's that for a deal.

Attached Files:

13. I've just fed the two ladies the last of their nutes, so they are going into flushing. The buds seem to have stopped growing, I'm a little disappointed since i thought that I'd be pulling in 4-6 zips not 3-4. By my estimation there is a little more than 3 ounces on the pair right now. I'm keepig my fingers crossed that they put on a lot of wieght during flushing.

I've been hearing conflicting things about when to harvest White Widow. Some have told me 8 weeks some have siad 10 weeks. Week 7 ends tomorrow and the Trics are all clear. The buds have gone almost 50% red hair from white. I am going to flush now so that should the need arise I can chop them at the end of week eight and their won't be too much nutes left.

Can someone tell me how much the buds will grow in the last little bit of bloom? Also what have you're experiences been with ideal harvesting times for White Widow plants?

Finally here's what everyone's been waiting for THE GIRLS!!!

Attached Files:

14. Gimme some help grasscity....

15. I decided to ball park a guess at yield by counting buds on the two plants. My conservative estimate is roughly 62g per plant, if the buds dont swell anymore. I am getting giddy at the prospect of harvest some time in the next two weeks.

16. Its the beginning of week 8. The trics are just beginning to turn cloudy. I think harvest will be this week some time, mabye next. I hope They get enough time to flush. I'm gonna let em get 10% amber then chop, chop.

Attached Files:

17. #17 seannery, Aug 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2011
    Not much to report. Week 8 is ending. Some of the branches are buckling under the wieght of all those buds. The trics on one are about 2% amber, and the other are just cloudy and clear. I figure 4-8 days and they'll get chopped. Here are a bud pic.

Attached Files:

• ttt.jpg
      ttt.jpg
      File size:
      431.6 KB
      Views:
  18. Having spent some time closely examining the buds, I have come to the conclusion they aren't both White Widow. Both plants were put in 12/12 at the same time. One still has mostly white pistles and the pistles are more prominent, this plant is shorter with more productive secondary branches. The other has mostly withered pistles, more trics, and weaker, less productive secondary branches. On the former the trics are all clear/cloudy, while the latter has a few amber trics. The taller, less bushy one look like the WW to me, perhaps the other is Afgani Gold. I guess it's possible I got a random seed in the pack, but the plants do look vaguely similar. Opinions?

I'll post comparison pics below.

First I'll post a side by side.

Attached Files:

19. Now Here are the buds of the shorter, bushier plant.

Attached Files:

20. And the buds of the taller of the two. The difference is hard to tell.

Attached Files: