Second grow (autoflowers 1st time)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by TuskofGanesh, Jul 14, 2011.

1. #1 TuskofGanesh, Jul 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2011
    - fafard farm organic soil
    Prepped with lime and perlite
    Walmart eco bags for pots.
    2 afghan kush ryder
    2 lowryder
    2 eazyryder ak47

July 8th seeds were placed in jiffy pellets
    July 10th seeds broke ground
    July 13th potted them in grow bags under 4ft t-5 ho floros
    I plan to swicth to a 400w hps + 90w ufo when I see signs of flowering.
    My first grow was bag seed. I had rootlock issues due to pot size. This time I have 3 gallons in my makeshift smart pots. Im not planning on nutes till flower starts. I did spray topsoil with neem oil to prevent gnats (came prepared this time)

Attached Files:

2. #2 TuskofGanesh, Jul 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2011
    The seedlings took well to their new abodes. no signs of stress. Anyone else try the eco bags from stores you can get?

3. Ten days from seed under the t5 and a couple cfls . Looking happy so far. Im going to be comparing two freebie eazyriders from marijuanna-seeds.nl with joint doctor eazyriders from attitude. The two on the ends are kush ryders. The two left middle are the freebies, and the two right middle are the joint doctors.

Let me know what you think :)

Attached Files:

4. #4 TuskofGanesh, Jul 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2011
    For an experiment Im going to attempt to lst one of each strain let's see what happens. Interested in opinions and any advice from people who have tried lst on autos.

Attached Files:

5. Where's the love GC? :-(

6. #6 TuskofGanesh, Jul 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2011
    So the plants seemed to have taken the lst well. Will do more when there's enough growth. I started early lst because from what I have read from other's experience the plants just grow so fast. I've been using water from a brita filter with a ph of 7. I figured the soil will be slightly more acidic so the water wont throw it off. Oh and a light top soil spray of neem oil. Im being overly cautious those damn things are annoying.

Attached Files:

7. soak your seeds and pot them rite away. also FORGET CHANGING LIGHT SPECTRUMS ON AUTOS HALF WAY THROUGH.. IT DOES THEM NO GOOD AT ALL! keep the same powered light from theminite they poke out the ground. and NOPE their not like young photo seedlings"! these bitches can take HEAT like no other..

AUTOS WILL GIVE YOU SHIT RESULTS should you mess about with them.NO TRANSPLANTING EVER! no chaning from blue spectrum to red. (total bullshit for autos) and Keep them watered ALWAYS.. dont even let the soil get too dry on you like you would usual strains...

i been gettin stupidly amazing results after i applied these matters. ( been autoing for about a year or two now..

hope it helps

8. Great man thanks. Any nutes suggestions I have Botanicare pure blend pro bloom and veg. Some people suggest just bloom nutes

9. usually autos dont reqire nutes till bout 2ndweek of pistelling. if theyr lush green dont mess with em.

personally, i use only my own combo of super soils, with some dutch master explde as my booster..

my soil contains things like chicken manure pellets (as i find it gets more out of crystals than BAT GUANO..) flavor wise its not that different, but in my opinon MORE CYRSTALSMEANS HIGHER THC CONTENT.

the nutes u have sound like they can do the job, but u can skip the veg part. the auto flowers need a bit of food in all their life.. start with half strength when u DO.

at week 6 of an autos life, start the flush.

if u have a 400hps, i suggest u get it on NOW, whilst theyr little unz.

hope this helps bro
    onE LOVE, SHMOKE UP LIKE A TROOPER

SWC(aka triplebc666 MONSTER BUDS)

10. Ya I have a 400w hps and 90 watt ufo for side lighting. I plan to change the lights per your suggestion. Thanks for the input.

11. #11 TuskofGanesh, Jul 19, 2011
    Going to rotate the plants with the attached setup. Should be more than adequette 400 watt hps and a 90w ufo

Attached Files:

12. turn the beauties everyday... and she will reward you nicely! another Great tip is to use the LEAF TUCK TECHNIQUE when certain sites are obscured from the light. NEVER EVER PRUNE AN AUTO..

because.. its life span is so fast, that it needs EVERYDAY TO GO FLAWLESS AS POSSIBLE to give you a good size veg BEFORE it decides to flip into flower mode.
    people do un neccessary things like TOPPING AND LSTING an auto, where as in realisty it serves absolute no benefits cuz its slowing everything down. one day of stunt equals a good loss of end bud (if that makes sense)

i will also point out when you prune leafs (thinking) they will help light penetrate.. but it will cause the plant to go into shock for a couple days which again fuckks up theyr growth rates.

id like to think that ive tried most of the known methods with auto flowers, and have to date grown as many as 4 hundred with in the last year. so i guess i know a thing or two.

simply TUCK the leaf into another section so that it exposes the crests which need light.
    rotating it daily is BRILLIANT! it helps upto 30% increases.

and oh yeh... for some who THINK the topping works..ill have u know all the final dried weight of the many tops is crap, upto the terminal and its few side babies.

lst is good in the sense it will help spread your branches without too much shock

they are pretty easy to over feed, hence i use time release substances alot more than synths etc.

lastly, under your wattage.. you should be able to hit about 1-2 ounces per plant dependant on your nute ranges... u should be ok dude.

hope it works out. i will be posting my grows very shortly.
    took down a sagamartha double diesel ryder, blue himalayan diesel, a bubblicious, grapfruit, and auto kush..

i used similar lighting for them, and they were in my veg tent. i had about 8 on together various strains, and the biggest i got was 2.6 ounces..
    which aint too bad.. ive hadjust over 3.5ounces before under 1800 hps

bless

13. #13 TuskofGanesh, Jul 19, 2011
    Thanks again for the tips. Im excited about this grow. I was going to use the ufo as side lighting but I like the rotation idea better. Id love to see your grows man link em to me when they're ready you g
    et + rep from me

14. The girls after a little drink of water and a rotation :) I have two runts at the moment. Let's see if they catch up

Attached Files:

15. #15 TuskofGanesh, Jul 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2011
    Little more lst. Trying to expose the growth underneath.This is experimental as its my first time training let me know what you think

Attached Files:

16. Autos grow feverishly that is certain

17. #17 TuskofGanesh, Jul 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2011
    After some consideration I decided not to lst as to avoid any uneeded stress. I also attached some updated photos. I've got a baby in the crew. My flytrap and CO2 generator made it into the post as well :) the pics were taken after a rotation. I asked in a previous post if anyone has used the reusable shopping bags as pots as a sort of smart pot. Well im still curious. Let me know

Attached Files:

18. So to differentiate between the little green monsters im posting more pics. Described in the order of the uploaded images. First are the freebies from marijuana-seeds.nl. next are the joint doctors ez ryders. Last are the kush ryders from world of seeds.

Attached Files:

19. Today the girls were watered moved around and rotated. One of them has three leaves instead of two on the top. A first for me. I read about it somewhere forget what its called. Anyone?

Attached Files:

20. polyploid was the term I was looking for