1200W AutoGrow for Medicinal Users (suggestions warmly invited).

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Tetrahydr0, Jul 13, 2011.

1. #1 Tetrahydr0, Jul 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2011
    Hello All,

This will be my first auto grow, as you may or may not know this is a project I have decided to do so that I can give some relief to people from there ailments and pain in country where it is not available.

If you would like to know more about that please visit here:
    http://forum.grasscity.com/introduce-yourself/841551-finally.html#post11026974

It would be great if you could jump in wherever you see fit to add suggestions and I would greatly appreciate any tips. Although I have done a grow before it was for fun with amateur equipment.
    Ok, the equipment that I am using is is:
    Blockbuster Air-cooled hood with a Magnum XXXL Air-cooled hood both 600w and powered by two Lightwave digital ballasts.
    Carbon filter with insulated ducting and extraction. Room is sealed with reflective coating and extraction and ventilation are in order. For the seedlings I have a 24inch fluorescent tube.
    I planted a mixture of Diemos, Big Devil, El Diavlo all feminized with some regular auto Russian Rocket Fuel plus two White Russian seeds that I found.

I germinated them on Wednesday morning and potted them in the evening. After 3 days I transplanted them into larger buckets and put them under the lights (24).

Because of my location no equipment, supply shops or any form of marijuana material is available.
    I suppose the questions I have is regarding the watering and the nutrients (as I can’t get them here). I water if I can get my finger in the soil an inch and it is still dry.
    However, should I start nutes after the first 2 weeks. Below are some pics taken over the past few days.

Thanks in advance.

*Not sure how to post the pics so I have attached some, will post more if needed. dont really want to put it on picassa or anything so if you want to see the pics please suggest another way, I have posted this identical thread on other forums too which have the pics on. *

Many thanks

Attached Files:

2. Hey all, this is the second update of the grow.
    So far I haven't suffered too many issues and although I have a high temp(Average at 32) they seem to be keeping well.
    They are 18 days old today and they started their nutes around 4 days ago. Due to lack of choice I have went for Grow plus all-purpose liquid plant food 15 + 10 + 15 (+2) for Ornamental Plants it recommends 7.5ml – 2 litres and for a Vegetable Garden 7.5ml 1 litre. I put 7.5ml in 4 litres (3/4plants) and have raised it a couple of ml for today. It says on the bottle to add it every two weeks, I am using this small dosage every 2 days when watering. I did notice some salt residue on the surface of 2/3 plants earlier today.
    I have some small leaf turning but putting this down to the high temps in the room humidity is ranging from 50-60% temps are between 32-34. There is a nice smell building in the room already.

How do you think they are looking?

Also as there were 10 regular automatic Russian Rocket Fuel I am expecting some males – any timelines for autos to start showing their sex?
    Many thanks all,

106.jpg

124.jpg

122.jpg

112.jpg

110.jpg

3. Helloooo, anyone on these boards???

4. thats around 90F if im right so you need to bring your temps down if you want to see more color in your bud and higher thc levels

They look good as far as the sex it should show around day 20-30

5. Hey Captain, thats great, I think I need to put in an extra extractor fan to bring in more cool air.
    Thanks for the advice on sexing , should start looking now.

6. #6 Tetrahydr0, Aug 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2011
    Hey all, apologies for the late update we have had a death in the family, I had a hospital visit and I got married so a bit intense.
    Well here we are at day 40 and looking good. These were taken a few days ago and I have now started a new nute regime. They are now on a higher N.P.K with the focus on K. They are really starting to flower and the trichromes are now visible to the eye.

I will update again in less than a week as they are coming on very fast now. Have not changed the temp or humidity but they are drinking a lot of water daily now.
    Any advice or comments more than welcome.

Thanks
    Tetra

Attached Files:

7. New camera and the pics are too large, I will have to resize them before I can put them up. Shame as there are some good ones - should be up by tomight :)

8. Here we are :)

DSC00153.JPG

DSC00154.JPG

DSC00155.JPG

DSC00156.JPG

DSC00157.JPG

DSC00158.JPG

9. SOme more - day 43 :hello:

DSC00159.JPG

DSC00161.JPG

DSC00162.JPG

DSC00163.JPG

DSC00164.JPG

10. Hey all, any feedback/comments much appreciated, im not quite sure how these are doing going with the 'norm'
    Many thanks :)

11. #12 musak, Aug 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2011
    They are looking good mate , ive grown alot of autos myself . at the moment i have white and red dwarf , demios and syrup so its good to see yours .

Im not sure if most of the strains you are growing are lowryders , if they are the lights are better off on a 20/4 light schedule for their whole life span to increase your yield

Second thing you could do to improve is maybe work out some way of supplying co2 to the garden it can make a huge difference to how fast your palnts are growing. www.rollitup.org/do-yourself/1362-home-made-co2-tutorial.html

Im assuming your ph's are correct ? if not the nutrients you are feeding them are going to be locked out , aswell when you water your better to leave your nute solution to settle for a few hours to let chlorine and other minerals evaporate. sorry if you know , im just not sure of what youre doing :)

adjusting to ideal humidity and temperature would help too , high temps could be the reason your plants are drinking so much water and the reason you have some leaf turn . you could try pointing circulation fans directly at the bulb. and if your adding another vent fan you might be better off having that pull hot air out of the room

Hope this helps

12. Hey musak thanks for the input.
    I checked the PH yesterday and I am between 5.5 - 6.5 on most of them I will try to remedy that today. Will def try to add some C02 to the room.
    My temps are running a little high - outside temp here is around 34C over here so I might try and extract more hot air then adding cool. In the room it gets between 28-32.6C and humidity ranges from 55-69% rh.
    Going to counter the PH and flush as I think there might well be a build up of nutes in the soil and dont want them OD'ing.
    Again thanks a lot for the pointers mate much appreciated :D

13. No problem brosef , more pics!! i want to see how they are doing

14. Hey Musak, sorry been a bit hectic. Couldnt fix some of the issues on two of the plants. They are now quite yellow and dry with brown spots/splodges. The 3 RRF look like they are ready for a flushing and a few days in the dark for harvesting within the next 7 days. The others are looking quite skinny in comparison and need a couple of extra weeks I think.

Will post some fresh pics tomorrow. :D

15. Hey well this is day 56, still having issues with temos and RH but not much I do this time around - outside is 34C and 100% RH.

Some are cming on sooner than others 2/3 will be taken away in a few days for no water and 2 days darkness before harvesting.

Cant bloody wait :D

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG
    Last few next post

16. Day 56

11.JPG

12.JPG

13.JPG

14.JPG

15.JPG

16.JPG

17.JPG

Going to add to more lights to next grow and stick with the same strain (poss RRF)

Getting closer