Journey of papaya (Nirvana)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by grewbie4200, Jul 12, 2011.

1. I'm practically new to this pot growing thing, and I have ordered my PAPAYA reg (10 seeds) two days ago, they should be here in a week and a half. So, I am growing on a budget STEALTH because I'm a teenager still living with mom :p so I heard papaya doesn't STINK UP THE HOUSE-!!!! it makes it smell very nice yet still packs a punch, it stays short aswell, just what I was looking for :D, when my order arrives, I'll update you guys and begin to germinate the seeds the same day, I'm hoping to get atleast one female out of three because I gotta keep it low key ;) as for the males I will collect the pollen for future reference. Possibly the female I might receive, I DO HAVE A FAN so don't comment mean things but I really do need you guys help with this grow so I'll keep you updated when the seeds arrive and the pictures are uploaded from IPod Sorry :l also how close should I keep the CFL'S to the seedlings????

Attached Files:

2. Status on my seeds: Ready to be shipped :D , they'll be shipped Friday though :(

3. My order status is ready to be shipped :D so happy- I'll be expecting the package around Wednesday-ish if anyone is listening ;)

4. I was told to keep the light 5in from seedling then ease it down about 1in everyday. And stop at about 1in to keep it short.. I think I'll stop at about 2in just to be on the safe side, don't wanna burn the leaves :mad: I'm learning more and more everyday~

5. Ahoy-! My seeds have been shipped. Now... More waiting.
    Meanwhile I'm going to make a few adjustments to my grow closet because it's not looking too good lol... I'm going to try to invest in mylar. But I might just do flat white because it's cheaper?

6. Painted the off white instead of mylar because I had a spare bucket of paint in the house and it's DEFINATELY alot brighter! :D

I purchased some spaghnum peat moss from miracle gro too-!

Next I'm ordering some happy frog soil and a Y socket for my CFL'S so ill have two instead of one :p

How is the soil anyways??

Attached Files:

7. SEEDS CAME ABOUT 4 DAYS EARLIER THAN I EXPECTED :D throwing 4 in moist tissue now-
    Ziplocked for the GH effect :)
    Now I give them about 2-3 days... Then I check back in.... I hate waiting-! >_<
    Also I purchased some perlite. I need new fixtures ASAP hmm... I'll try to hit up lowes around Friday/Saturday . STORING THEM IN A SHOE BOX :p

Attached Files:

8. The paper towel method didn't do shit, so I put them in pots with seed starting soil I noticed one popped from the papertowel but no root :( but I threw that in the soil aswell.. My happy frog came today...! But imma put that in my closet for safe keeping lol... 2 days and some seeds should show life :) I'm really trying to be optimistic here :/

Attached Files:

9. Day 1: 2/8 seeds have came out of the soil so far about time!! phew.. I expect 4 or 5 to come up.. I'm not uploading a pic because its not much to see lol.. One is healthy and the other one is brownish yellow hmm.. It looks premature but time will tell all..

In about 2-3 days all of the seeds that are going to grow will rise then I'll see what I'm working with..

I only have space for atleast 2 plants though.. So if some die off it won't be THAT bad lol :p but when they get to there 3rd node I'll go into the woods and plant them spaced out so they can be saved and will go on without my help, then I will come back and collect my goodies and collect seeds if they pollinate and keep my own bud in my closet :D

I'm SO anxious for tommorow morning to see them get bigger and to see if anymore have came up wish Me luck if anyone is watching
    PICTURES TOMORROW ;)

10. Day- 3
    5/8 seeds have risen.. 2 look Excellent 2 look good (just coming up) and one is not lookin to good... Anyways~

I have pictures of 3 of them.
    The two excellent ones
    and the one good one (which is just coming out of the soil)

Pictures taken from iPod so sorry if the quality is eh :D
    I can't waittt I'll update you guys in 3 days and show you all 5 and their beautiful progress.!

Attached Files:

11. ^^ that was day one idk what I was smokin :smoke: but. The other one that was rising is wilting the two healthy ones are still healthy and growing. The bad one is still the same.

The other pots haven't a sign of life: Basically I have 2 plants now.

I gotta take excellent care of them and I hope I get a female. Luck, please be on my side... Today is day 3.
    Almost time they had a little drink :)

12. Day 4

So. One of the plants are taking off! It's getting bigger everyday :D and leaf development is nice too..
    I see the next set (barely)

as for the other one, it's small. And growing really really slow.. But it's still growing atleast :p I'll update in about 3 days . The big 07 the first week of life. My first grow ain't going that bad ^~^

Attached Files:

13. I will officially be the first one to sub, I have heard your not suppose to use miracle grow but eh watta they kno?

14. #14 grewbie4200, Jul 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I know, I'm just using the seedling mix for now, then I'll switch to Fox Farms Happy Frog but I'll transfer on 8/2 their first week :D

15. what are you going to do for nutes?

16. #16 grewbie4200, Jul 29, 2011
    Fox farm has everything the plant will need. But imma buy some nutes just for a little extra bloom

17. you might want to slow down and do some research before you plant the rest of those seeds.

18. #18 grewbie4200, Jul 29, 2011
    Hmm.. I will indeed. If these Two are male and female I'll be SO happy.
    Female and female I'll be okay I don't want two F plants that'll be a little more than I can handle lol.
    But if these two are M then I'll keep the pollen and toss the two seeds in and hope for a female next time :(
    I planned this out carefully. (kinda) and thx for the pointers :D

19. #1 has grown so much (Again). the second set of leaves are out !

#2 is going slow, as always but it's still growing so I'm happy lol :)

Updates on the 2nd !

20. Day:5
    Couldn't resist putting up pix :O

Attached Files: