DowJones Indoor Soil-Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by DowJones, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Hi GC:wave:, This is my 3rd grow....my 1st from seeds i bought online (not bagseed). They were free BigBud#1 from Herbie's. A great seed shop I might add. I am using 2 26w CFL's (soon to be 85w and 65w CFL's) for veg and will be using a 400w HPS for flowering. Using a mix of all types of different thing to make the soil, I've tested the Ph and it seems to be a nice mix. One of the seeds sprouted 7 days ago*pics*and the other 4 have been germinated and put into peat pucks under one of the lights, more pics of those will be up as soon as they sprout. I will most likely use LST on a few and top a few just to see how the strain reacts to both. Going to be using some generic 15-10-15 plant food for veg and BigBud advanced nutrients for flower. I am still a beginner so any advice is appreciated. I plan on taking pics and posting often and will make new journals as i start the other strains that i bought so stay tuned and feel free to PM me.:D

-DowJones

Attached Files:

2. Hey guys back with an update and some more picks....The older sprout is doing great and 2 of the 4 other seeds sprouted up today!! Been using just reg. PHed water from tap. I will be moving smallest 2 sprouts to bigger potting in about a week or so! What do you guys think so far?

Attached Files:

3. Wow these guys are lookin great now, still only the 2 out of the sprouts but getting bigger each day...Will post pics soon.

4. #5 DowJones, Jul 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Hey guys, just got done setting up a little grow box and was able to get some pics. Started lst on biggest sprout.

Attached Files:

5. #6 DowJones, Jul 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Ah new lights came, 65w FS cfl and an 85 FS cfl. New pics.

Attached Files:

6. UPDATE: Ok so everything is going great, all 3 sprouts are growing nicely except for the smallest one but i don't think its anything big. The two most top leafs are both twisted in on each other at the tips. Will this just go away as it adjust to its new medium?(planted the peat pellet it germinated in about 4 days ago).Other then that every thing seems to be going smooth. Any advice or tips?

Attached Files:

7. yeah raise ur light they curl cuz there too close that's what happened to mines a couple of times, it take a couple of days but they'll go back to normal

8. #9 DowJones, Jul 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2011
    Ok cool, ill try that and hope it gets better. Ill update and let you guys know how it works out in a day or two.

EDIT: So is this more light shock related? I did switch from 26w cfl to 65w and 85w cfl, and did put it pretty close cuz it was the smallest of the three. I have read that twisted leafs are usually from nutrient deficiency, but its also too small for nutrients. If juts moving it away from the light helps that will be an easy fix! :)

9. Ok so the leafs are still twisted at the tips on the smallest plant but all new leafs are fine and look normal. I started lst on the second largest plant and further lst'ed my biggest. I think I'm going to top the smallest one when it gets big enough. When should i move to bigger pots? I'm trying to wait until the beginning of the flowering stage. Will that stunt growth too much? New pics what do you guys think?

Attached Files:

10. Hey guys, here are some really cool pics of the largest sprout adjusting to the lst. Looks pretty beastly to me. 1st plant i have ever tied down and i like it more then topping so far.

Attached Files:

11. Subscribed. I will have a good read later.

12. Thanks man, Much appreciated.

13. No problem buddy.
    :)

14. Hey guys, my little babies are doing great. I saw some yellowing of the bottom leaves of the biggest and transplanted it today. The other plants will be transplanted within the next week also. Started using very small amount of nutrients with every other watering. Hope you like the pics.

Attached Files:

15. Looking good buddy.

:)

16. Hey guys, another picture update. I am going to transplant the other two smaller ones in the next day or two. I will also start using very small amounts of nutes with next watering. The little sprout in the background is my afghan kush auto but i have another journal for that.

Attached Files:

17. Looking nice/healthy and bushy............:)

18. just food for thought: During Veg Growth ur plants dont need nuts really and if u do use them not aalot or often. Oh by the way the yellowing from the bottom up could be a nitrogen problem, of it could be a ph problem check ur levels before assuming it a nitrogen problem i make that mistake and it almost cost me my grow, just a heads up bro. check in on my grow http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-g...ul-grow-lmao-flowering-stage-help-wanted.html

19. Transplanted the 2nd biggest one today. also tied down the biggest one for the 4th time. Every thing seems to be going good. Here are some pics so you guys can critique my work.:D

Attached Files: