First grow, cfl 200w 6500k 4 42w6500k let me know what you think

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Saratogatoker, Jul 10, 2011.

1. What's going on gc. So this is my first grow. I have one plant going that came from a bag of sour diesel. So I have a 200w Feliz 6500k veg light along with 4 42w 6500k cfl bulbs. This is an experiment grow and any input would be awesome. Also I am having a he'll of a time trying to figure out how to attach pics from my phone! Fan anyone help with this, I'm trying to do it with an iPhone cause my pc is shit. Thanks

2. So this is the setup so far. Criticism Is appreciated. The first pic is about two weeks into veg and no nutes added. The next couple are after two waterings with nutes it's been a week and a half with the nutes. The next pics you can see that I have started lst, I had to because she was getting to close to the 200w light.

Attached Files:

3. Really? Nothing?

4. Decent looking setup!.. Plants looks perty perty as well.. keep it up!

5. I used a cooler box for a while, i stopped cause the plants grew over the top of it and wasn't sure if the white inside of the box was any use as a reflector. Any insight? I have much bigger ones and could make walls out of them, just don't want break them if there's no point.

On another note, plant looks real lush, hope all works out. I'm a bit of a noob at growing myself, but we all start somewhere, and after your first few grows it becomes less of a learning and worrying thing and more routine, not to say you don't stop learning. But all in all it's a whole lota fun. :)

6. Thanks freegrow!

7. I'm not really sure greendaddy as far as how reflective the walls would be. I'm using a Tupperware tote and I just painted the walls flat white. Seems to be doing the trick for now

8. Ahh okay, cheers man, all the best, gonna keep watching this and see what happens, looking good though man

9. Thanks daddygreen, I appreciate the positive vibes. I wish you the best on your grow as well. Do you have a journal or anything posted that your doing currently?

10. Nah, i will probly make one my next grow, only ever done a couple of closet grows with cfls, But once this grow is finished im going to pic up some better supplies and what not. Only ever grow to get a few ounces. But my first grow started of pretty much the same as yours, one plant, a few cfl's, and a little ghetto setup.
    Keep us updated though, i'd love to see how your plant is going. :)

11. Yeah flat white paint is better then nothing! In that small of a cab you should get reflection no matter what.
    What are you using for nutes?

12. Right now cause I'm on a budget I'm doing Alaska fish fertilizer. That shot smell ungodly but the plant seems to like it. I'm planning on doing a fox farm trio when I get the cash.

13. So freegrow I was checking out your threads, how is the pls you lst'd doing? I'll be interested to see what you yield off that girl after the unfortunate mishap with the stalk! I see you are using advanced nutes, I was reading ip on them. Are you happy with the results? They look great!

14. Other than a few burnt leaves I think she is looking pretty good!

Attached Files:

15. Looks like a nice little bush, man :)

16. So I have some purple stems going on and I wanted some opinions. I've read that the purple can be from a phosphors def, or genetic. I read if it is a P def then there should usually be yellow spotting on the leaves. Any ideas?

17. Here is a pic

Attached Files:

18. Check your Ph first, i've heard somewhere a bad ph can turn the stem purple, also check the temps. If both of those are fine then it's probably phosphorous def. Are your leaves going brittle, or getting greyish spots?

19. Leaves aren't brittle at all, defiantly no grey spots. Ill check my ph today.