Green House Kalashikova grow!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by rhapsodyrcks, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Starting a new grow GCers. I just harvested some White Widows, and in about 2 weeks harvesting my Auto Afghan Kush Ryders.

Strain: Green House Seeds Kalashikova. Received it as a freebie. Kalashikova is a mix of AK-47 and White Widow. Should rock if it makes it. Two great award winning strains all tied into one!

Lights: Going to Veg with CFL's all around and a LED Grow Panel on top. After that going to be migrating it into my grow tent that has a 400w HPS Cool Tube in it.

Soil/Nutes: Fox Farms Ocean soil and there trio of nutes. Both have worked for my last 2 grows and I have alot let so going to keep using that.

Grow Conditions: Indoor 36x36x64 inch tent thats in my big walk in closet. I have plenty of ventilation. Using a 4 inch Carbon Scrubber hooked up to a inline fan to suck heat and odor out. Also have the DIY Ona Bucket and a few other things around the house for odor control. Have had no problem though. 6 plants growing and smelled nothing. Even drying in my bathroom no real odor.

Pot: 2 gallon Airpots.

Going to let the book Buds for less 8ozs of bud for less then 100 dollars inspire me. Great read if no one has read it. Its like a grow journal the way its written. Hopefully I can achieve his results.

Stay tuned I will update when I can!

2. Day 1.

I actually started germinating on Monday. Sorry no pictures of that..its boring anyhow. I placed the seed inside a wet napkin and inside a small plastic container. I put a lid on it and placed the container on a heating pad set on low. That was in my laundry room..nice dark place. The heating pad is barely warm but warm enough to get the seeds metabolism started up.

There are many methods to do that but thats mine..has worked 100% of the time so far as well.

I then took a solo cup which I punched some holes out in the bottom and one on each side for proper drainage. I then filled that up with soil to the top and throughly watered it. After that I took a pencil and about a half inch down I made a hole in the center. Placed the seed root tap down into the soil and gently covered with soil.

Flash forward from Monday to today and she is already poping out of the soil. I have a zip lock by the way over it just took it off for the pictures.

Watering and nutes are not a issue right now. Firstly the soil should be kept moist but you must not over do it. If your a newbie reading this remember that. You want to kill your plant fast water every day.

For nutes I will not even worry about it till week 3 or 4. The soil itself has all the nutes that the plant needs. About 3rd or 4th week the soil will have expended most of its nutes so nutes are called for then. Another way you can easily kill your plant...having a nute fiesta. You can recover easily from over watering and under nuteing but over your asking for trouble then your dumb butt is on here asking why your plant is dying.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Most likely Friday or Saturday morning I will turn on the LED followed by CFLs maybe on Sunday/Monday. A seedling can't use the light untill its first set of true leaves are growing in.

Another thing is its still in a frail state. I dunno what you call it in the mj world but in gardening its called hardening the plant up before you pot it and grow it outside. I will take the bag off in a few days apply some mild LED lighting then CFLs then your free to bathe her in as much light as you can generate.

I will also be doing 12/12 early on..probably at the 2nd week mark. I would rather have a compact shorter plant I live in a 1 bedroom apartment.

4. Subb'd!
    Got 2 of those waiting in a bag for me along with like 20+ other strains.... I'll toss one in next round if you get some decent results!

5. Day 3

Zip Lock bag is off, little girl is already growing her first set of leaves. I have my LED Growpanel about a inch above her..no CFLs yet. When shes a little taller I will be adding CFLs. I will put them as close as possible without touching her. I have a very small fan pushing air slowly around to help on the path of a stronger stem.

Soil is moist still no need to add anything at all.

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

6. subbed rhap

7. hows the babies doing?? will follow your thread bro !! i take of about 30% of all fan leaves and shade leaves letting lights get to the very bottom of my plants !!

8. Babies are good bro..getting a little bigger and first set of leaves coming in fast.

I also defoilate there to and inside as well.

9. Day 4

First set of leaves coming in more. She has 3 leaves which is cool. Looks healthy and taking LED light well. I moistened the soil a tiny amount.

[​IMG]

10. #10 Kalashnikova, Jul 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2011
    Dang man, about 25% of the Kalashnikovas I have seen in threads are Trifoils, meaning the have 2 branches at each node instead of two, wonder if that is a stability thing? BTW most of the trifoils have turned hermaphrodite from what ive read, so watch it closely, good luck!! Here is a link to my Kalashnikova grow if you are interested, and also, I noticed it is extremely easy to overwater thsi strain, i only drenched the dirt before i planted the seed, and didnt water it again for a week and a half and it grew perfect, i watered another one every 4 days and it died
    http://forum.grasscity.com/outdoor-grow-journals/825398-2011-white-widow-x-ak-47-a.html

11. When I say I watered...I poured 1 tablespoon of water after it started shooting out of the soil.

I water when my soil is dry for the most part. A dry spell for a plant only does it good. I fully understand that. Only the fool keeps his soil for any plant continuously soaked.

12. A triafolite, pretty cool, i had 1 of those before, but it never realy made it far, i too have heard that they are high risk hermies. which is realy to bad because essentialy you would get more buds with it. topping your plant ocne would give you 3 main tops instead of 2. il be hangin around to see how it makes out, i realy hope she treats you well.

13. Did some brief research no where it says more of a chance of a hermie. Everywhere it says mixed things. Sometimes weaker or slower grower. Then some say its stronger. This was from once site...hopefully its true. I think I will be fine.

"Trifoliates or triploids are common to cannabis as a plant species. They possess three sets of chromosomes instead of the usual two. Approx. 2% of the population in strains exhibit this trait. So for every 100 seeds there are max. 2 plants. About 60% of trifoliates turn out to be males. From the females you have 20% with a higher yield than normal (due to the extra node and vigour), 20% are just under average, and the rest are normal performers.

14. Day 5

Girls are coming in fast. I had forgotten how fast they grow. Her 3 first leaves are starting to grow out and if you look 3 more coming in. Minimal stretching is occuring because I have the LED Glow Panel literally 1/2 inch above her.

In a few days I will be transplanting to her final pot...a 2 gallon air pot and blanket her with CFLs. I do not do the gradual re transplanting to bigger pots. Might be a better system but in nature does a small plant all of sudden get uprooted and put into gradually larger environments? No. To much of a pain in the ass as well.

[​IMG]

15. i agree for the most part lol. all is looking well

16. hi hrapso its last cone here i have been hanging around yours and many other grows and didnt introduce my self so yeah hi,i like your style so i keep on checking your efforts and are impressed . any way just wanted to say hi and give recko where due im in australia and its way ileagle here so i dig the way you use heaps of odour control my mate has only got a 6 "carbon scrubber that works well but what do you think the next best thing is ? is it a negative iron thing or a ona gel system? can you rate the ona gel and other things you use or want please . thanks in advance ps my mate is 2 days into flowering 4 w.widows 5 weeks vedged i have taken heaps of photos of them and will maybe start a flower jernal with the hole vedge on page one . pretty cool those fast jernalls i reckin

17. Thanks bro! I dunno about a neg ion generator as I do not have one..ONA works very well but can be pricey..there gel and blocks last ages though.

Take about 60 days to flower them widows but best smoke around!

18. Looks good man! I was just curious where you found this quote...would like to read into that a little.

I am interested in learning more about what has been done with cannabis genetic research. I doubt it, but would like to know if the reasearch has been done to isolate which chromosome is triploid that causes this, ya know like whether it's a triploid sex chromosome thing (if so that may be why there might be a tie to hermies; the whole concept of linked genes and all that) or some other triploid chromosome.

Anyway, right on man, 'll be followin along!

19. I am not sure I was just googling Trifoilate and found it. Best of luck to ya!