Superlocker 2.0 Active Review and Grow Journal (Skunk#1 & Arjan’s Haze#3)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by synnerg, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Hello everyone :wave:

I am back with a new screen name, a whole new setup, living in a new state and a brand new grow. Previously I was very excited to share my totally amateur closet CFL grow with this community and was very pleased with everyone's feedback which helped me yield great results.

After several months of reading reviews all around the interwebs, I decided to take the plunge and order the “Superlocker 2.0” directly from supercloset – well it arrived today. . .
    Original order date: 6/3/11
    Upgraded light order: 6/8/11 (150W HPS : 250W HPS)
    Received tracking #: 6/21/11
    Delivery Date: 6/28/11

Upon initial inspection, the locker appears to be solid and sturdy. I am a meticulous person so I READ the instructions – they say to go through the Quality Control Checklist to ensure I have all the parts – so I do.

After finishing one section of the checklist, I can already tell it is outdated; for example, it says “Air diffuser” instead of the new “Air Stones” that are being used. This is not a problem for me, since I fancy myself an intellectual I can put two and two together; but I am a little discouraged that an updated product has and outdated checklist of parts. . . oh well, not a big deal. Happy to say nothing was actually missing. All the components came in their appropriate boxes with their own manuals and all new. I will save you the trouble of listing everything as I am adding pictures and you can find the list on their website.

After about 30 mins of assembly the locker is fully operational but I have a few reservations. :mad:
    1.\tThe inside of the door lacks the holes to hang the “internal circulation fan” – I see the markings they were going to use so I will end up drilling the holes myself.

2.\tI upgraded my order from the stock 150HPS to the 250W HPS but this feels like a downgrade. Instead of having the bulb and ballast all in one as advertised – I was sent a separate 250W inverter with a Sun systems “EconoWing Reflector” for the bulb - one half of the reflector is bent more than the other so it sits lopsided.

3.\tThe HPS light adjustable height system with “yo-yo's” feels low quality. I can loosen the yo-yo to release more cable but when they are tightened back up, they don't hold the length and sometimes move back up on their own. I am thinking this has to do with the low weight of the “reflector” I received instead of the all-in-one ballast I was expecting which weights significantly more.

4.\tPoor quality control in the elbows used for cable management (see pictures)

Thanks for taking the time to read this overview, hope it wasn't too long and it will be ongoing as this grow takes off. Now to the fun:

(Day 2) Currently Germinating - Traditional paper towel method
    3 seeds (unkwn) Arjan's Haze #3 – picked up 2 years ago in Amsterdam by my girl, excited about these!! Crossing our fingers that they are fem
    1 seed (fem) G13 Labs Skunk #1 – Attitude Seedbank June Promo for the win

Should I return the 250W system for the 150W with the all-in-one ballast?
    I would love to hear what you think, stick around and subscribe!

Attached Files:

2. #2 synnerg, Jul 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2011
    Quick update. Seeds have been germinating for a few days and are starting to crack open. I will post again when I put them in the plugs.

3. hey fellow stony just a quick hit of advice. don't go drilling holes in your closet I thought the same thing til I finally managed to jam the s hook in to those slots on the side they don't feel like they push in at fist but if u fiddle around with them and just try and jam them in those slots it should eventually go in it's just a pain in the ass let me knw how it goes and happy growing:)

4. Thanks for stoppin in GRbudstar, I appreciate the advice. Unfortunately my closet only came with the holes marked with a small round dot of paint and I do not even have a lead in to work with. I am going to finally drill the holes tomorrow, carefully.

Unfortunately, I had not seen much progress with the original batch of seeds I selected for this grow. Neither the Arjan's Haze #3 nor the SKunk #1 were liking the paper towel method and I think they may be shot completely. So, as an alternative I added 2 Dinafem (fem) Sour Cream seeds to a glass of purified water and OVERNIGHT they were sprouting.
    At this point, I took the 3 Arjan seeds and the 1 Skunk seed and dropped them in water as well.

After two days, the Sour Cream seeds were progressing almost too fast and I had to go ahead and make the decision to transplant them to Grow Dan's grow plugs. I did not want to hassle with the timing of separate seeds for this move so I went ahead and put all the seeds in grow plugs. I do not have a humidity dome and for some odd reason Home Depot wont have any until August so I have make shifted a dome with my local togo plastic box which works quite well.

I have decided to keep the 250W bulb and ballast because in my experience this will have an overall better impact than if I downgraded back to the 150; and the nice thing is that this ballast lets me choose between 150W, 175W, 250W.

Here are some pics of the setup as it progresses, I am only running the T5 light in the top chamber, everything else is still off and waiting for its time to shine.

Attached Files:

5. Subbed. Welcome to the SuperCloset club, hehe. I have the SuperCube. Sorry to hear about your Arjan's Haze#3 and Skunk#1 (Damn you Arjan and G13 Labs! hehe). I'm not sure i can visualize the issue with your fan. Can you show a picture of where the fan slots in? My fan can sit on the front side of either the left or right wall, and there's slots for the fan's hook (and the net trellis hooks) every 1.5 inch up. Is it different in the SuperCloset?

6. Thanks for the sub. In the pictures attached you can see the markings were they meant to drill the holes but they are only markings. Grabbing my roommates drill tomorrow and finishing the job.

Also, I have had excellent response from 1 of the Dinafem Sour cream seeds which already grew it's colatidens - the fastest I have ever seen.

Unfortunately, zero progress with the other seeds; therefor I am germinating 2 more as of tonight.

1 DNA Genetics(fem) - LA Confidential
    1 G13 Labs (fem) - Raw Diesel

Attached Files:

7. I don't know if ur lookin in right place for the holes I'll take a pic if mine tomorrow and show u where mine are but I'm also using the deluxe so I could be wrong check out my babies so far very first grow four plants 3rd week flower

Attached Files:

8. Holy crap GRbudstar! You worried you going to run out of room? What height were they when you switched to flower? And how many plants in there and what strain? Thx.

9. The 150w is a great light, works very welll for 1 maybe even 2 plants. But since that cab is small, with the 250 in it you'll get all the light you would ever need just make sure the temps are good.

10. Ok try this. Put up your net trellis right now. You see where the hooks go for the net trellis? That's the same place where the fan /w "S" hook attached goes too.

I don't understand that white dot. If that's where the hole is supposed to be, then there should be white holes going all up and down the box, because you keep having to move the fan up, as your plants grow. Are you missing just 1 hole for the fan or are you missing all of the holes cut for hooks for your whole box? (I don't know about the SuperCloset specifically, but i'd guess you should have like 20 holes cut for hooks inside the box's corners like my SuperCube does.)

11. I have a whole row of marked circles going up the inside which is clearly for the fan, no doubt about it. Unfortunately my camera is not the best to show them, that is why I took an up close pic. The 4 hooks for the net trelis have magnets on them and I will place them later.

12. only four plants in there: two clones ones oc mad dog which I highly recommend that's the tallest in there the others Hawaiian kush then two random bagseeds that turned out fem:) I'm germin some blackjack from nirvana right now and will probaly start a journal this shit looks amazing from the reviews I've seen so excited!!! I think for my first grow this has been pretty successful. I've had no prior knowledge and am going off books and boards which has been very educational and thank all the people that take there time to write stuff like this every lil bit helps. now on to the pics... the first two are of the mad dog, the very first day I got it and the very next day after that the results are amazing!!! and the last ones are the day I put them to flower, clones in the back maddog on left Hawaiian on the right. sorry so long and happy growin;)

Attached Files:

13. that's bullshit about the slots sorry to hear that. and another problem u will run into is those magnetic hooks are crap too. won't hold much of any pressure none the less weight at all. I invested in some hardcore magnet handles that don't move anywhere down at my local hardware store I recommend them. u could probaly even hook your fan up to one and save the risk of drilling holes I'll take a pic tomorrow and so u can see

14. Omg dude. If your plants were that small when you flipped to 12/12, and you're plants are that big after just 3 weeks, I may be in for some trouble ahead. My girls are bushier than yours were and I haven't switched to 12/12 yet. Damn, and my bloom nutes haven't even arrived in the mail yet :(

15. Oh crap dude. A whole row of marked circles huh? The Supercloset company needs to be notified right away if you haven't done so already. The magnet idea GRbudstar sounds like a better idea anyway. I've noticed myself that the magnets are a bit on the weak side.

16. I was considering contacting them about the missing holes, but what good will that do me? Are they going to send me a drill bit? I am a pretty resourceful person so it is not a big deal; yet I do believe after dropping over a grand on this unit, it should be perfect.

Another thing I am slightly disappointed about is that there was NO humidity dome sent for seedlings/clones. My makeshift togo box is already being outgrown by that one Sour Cream seedling that appears to be on plant steroids so I am taking a risk with low humidity right now until I find an actual place nearby that has them in stock. Unfortunately I live in the middle of 400acres of corn so. . . little options.

Currently connected: T5 Lamp, Air Filter, Circulation Fan
    Temp: ~79
    Hum: ~50%

17. fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck!!!!!! I snapped a main stem ohhhh what a fuckin morning (bong toke before I cry) can't believe it man just trying to tie these gals down and I murder one I'm so worried but I read somewhere that medical tape dose wonders so I wrapped the stem in place best I could and hoping for the best:( pics are of flowers on a couple seedlings the magnet handle I'm using, were the slots should be and then my horrible damage control any advice would be very helpful!!! fuck

Attached Files:

18. Just noticed this thread. :wave: Subbed. I think I am going to start a group for us Supercloset / Cabinet users. Things are looking good, I haven't had the time to read through this thread yet, will do tonight, but it looks like you have a Superdeluxe as well ?

Ok, well catch you guys later, I have to compile some info to update my journal as well.. Best of luck to you !! :cool:

19. #19 synnerg, Jul 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2011
    I would not give up on her yet. The medical tape is a good idea and I certainly have snapped stems before and seen full recovery, they just develop a knot if they make it. Otherwise, you can try cutting immediately below the break (if its not at the very bottom) and wait for regrowth.

I appreciate your input GRBudstar, but I would like if you do not hijack my thread with your issues and pictures. I am more than happy to stop by your journal (did not find it) and lend a hand but this journal is mostly to help myself keep track. THANKS :smoke:

Hey there, thanks for the sub. Looking forward to sharing tips and tricks with the community such as yourself. By the time you read this you will probably have figured out that I am working with the Supercloset 2.

20. looks like this grow is going pretty well