first grow indoor

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by tree4me420, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Hello ,

I had 3 bag seeds I threw into paper towel and didn't think that they would of sprouted however , when I saw life I was over whelmed with happiness.
    I have had them for about 3 weeks now and one is about 3 and a half inches tall I have not added anything to the soil just water and using only black soil .
    And the other two are growing very limply.
    I am using 2 lights a 23 watt 120 volt cfl and a temporary 9 watt 120 volt cfl .

I will be adding picture soon .

any tips would be much appreciated :)

2. Id really try getting more cfl's

3. you'll need more light (and of course a place to ensure 12 hours of darkness for flowering). with the CFLs the rule of thumb is something like 100 watts for the first plant and 50 watts for each additional plants. the wattage is true wattage meaning that if the light bulb is 23 watts but says it's equivalent to 65 watts, you should be counting the 23 watts towards the 100 watt number.

4. Sounds like your winging-it. Not a good idea. In order to have a successful grow you need a plan and a good one. This isn't a fly-by-nihgt operation. You have to know what type of water you are using, what kind of nutes you want to use, what strain you plan on using? Every strain reacts differently to their surronding conditions. So just trying to grow underCFL's, good luck on that.

To have a successful grow you need two different lights. One in the blue spectrum and one in the red spectrum. I know I'ved tried several different types and this seems to work the best.

5. thanks for the ideas i will be putting pictures today

6. i have one question what should the light cycle be at?

7. If you're still in the veg stage, I suggest using an 18/6 cycle. That's what I've been using and it's working great :)

8. should it be 18 off and 6 on? or the opposite?

9. you need to stop by barnes and noble and under the garden section you will find jorge cervantes grow book. you can get a coffee and curl up with it at the store and read all of the things you need to know for growing. because you are attempting a cfl grow i will also suggest 8 oz on $100...both of these books can be found as dowloands in he book subforums.

you also need to check out the subforums.....such as set up/design, indoor grow, organic grow, etc.

http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute...want-grow-marijuana-your-s-answered-here.html

10. Gregg Green also have a book out that is really good. Get rid of those CFL's and invest ina good 400w. One bulb in the red spectrum and one in the blue spectrum. The blue is used for the veg and the red is used for the flowering.

Good luck.

11. because you have only a handful of plants i would suggest to stay with a CFL grow as versus an HID (400 watt MH or HPS) .... you definitely will need more light and to use the search function to look up CFL grows on the forum.

12. #13 tree4me420, Jun 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2011
    found a pic of when they were small and when i was in my first grow box that i made i was using only the 23 watt bulb
    [​IMG]
    yeh i htink i am just gonna stick with the cfl's but upgrade the lights but, when i have the good plant on the side with the smaller bulb it seemed to do better and had a more greening to the leaf.

but i think i am gonna have them on a 18 / 6 18 on and 6 off i hope that is correct and upgrading to 2 100 watt cfl's not 400 watts till they get bigger but may make a bigger closet and using the pressured sodium lights for the bigger closet and if you have any cheaper ways to get bigger lights

i also have a other bag seed a buddy has given to me and i have started to germ them the paper towel way

using
    - paper towel
    - tap water
    - cup of some sort
    - soil

13. #14 tree4me420, Jun 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2011
    I'm looking for a cheap Canadian online store for lights ?

14. Pics taken today new leaf set and another is comming

Attached Files:

15. hey every one so i got this
    - [​IMG]
    i got this from a friend and am getting the ballast and reflector hopefully soon :D

16. Little update up to 4 inches

Attached Files:

17. got the reflector today :D getting a new grow box soon to use it in [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. The plans for my new grow box I'm building tomarow with some buddies

Attached Files:

19. Where is the intake going to be bringing in air from? Also, how strong are the fans you'll be using for intake and exhaust?