KBG's CFL/ LST Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by KB Grower, Jun 25, 2011.

1. #1 KB Grower, Jun 25, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2011
    Hey GC, this is my first time trying lst. I found this plant outside as a youngin about a week ago so not sure on how old it is. But i transplanted it to a 3 gal and moved it into a veg box with some seedlings. Im doing a method from the lst sticky.
    Edit: Lots of growth has happened during the last 5 days, check out the new piiccss

JUNE 18 Transplant the plant from outdoo
    [​IMG]

June 21
    [​IMG]
    June 22
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    June 25
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

*Update*
    JUNE 27

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

*Update*
    June 30
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Shit looks dope. Keep pics comin

3. Thanks all. I was thinking of saving all these pics till I harvest and making like a threadthat was an add on to the original lst sticky thread. Because that thread only has the drawing diagram I thought it would be neat to see a plant seed to harvest using that certain lst method

4. Im guessing your going to make it go in a circle? What type of lights are you using?
    And what do you use as ties to hold it down. is that a U shaped nail in the pic?

5. I got 350 watts of cfls for one or two females in flower. Yes I am going around the pot like this. Here's the diagram I was talking about. [​IMG] im using this smooth kinda thick metal wire that I cut and bend in U shapes

6. Whats up guuys updates check it out! :cool: :wave:

7. loooooking goood. Did u have foil up for a couple days ? It looks like it got burned a little, ive been told unless you can put the foil up with Zero crinkles , it will burn the plant.

8. The burns were from me being clumsey with the cfls. The duller side of the aluninum foil works mediocre and it doesnt cause those hot spots your thinking of. But yeah I heard the shiny side will cause those.

9. *update*
    July 3rd
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Nice work KB! I'm subbed.

I use paperclips to hold down my plant. They are easier to bend and you can stick more in the ground since thier skinnier. I followed that diagram you referenced very closely. I look forward to watching how your plant responds to the LST. :smoke:

11. Hey thanks I never thought about doing that but now I will! Thanks for subbing your grow looks nice. Have u figured out what ur doing for your ten day vac.? I might be needing to figure out what to do or im missing my vacation too
    some more lst :wave:
    July 4
    [​IMG]

12. Hey guys. Well lots of growth this week... I started to lst the side branches and I have 14 heads so far :hello: I think I really like lst. Anyone know when to flower with lst. Should you wait for the plant to go around the entire pot or should I expect it to keep growing around the pot during flower. Anyone who could help do u mind sharing
    here's some pics
    july 10
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. So I realized I haven't even gone into specifics on this plant. Im uusing FFOF soil, GH flora series (the stuff is pretty old im prob not even gonna use it I may buy more nutes, make my own tea, or just do all organic and plain water, but prob not cause I want some sticky buds) , I will prob start to flower in a couple weeks. Im 90% sure the strain is og kush even tho I found it outside on my balcony (long story why I know its og). That's all I can think of right now If anyone wants to know anything else just ask

Anyways im impressed with my work I have to admit the plant looks real healthy. Its in a 3 gal right now and I think it will be showing signs of rootbound soon so I will transfer to a 5 gal before flower. Leave a comment guys!
    July10
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. That plant is looking real nice KB Grower. As you get working with the plant, you'll learn that it's rather resilient. I would fill up that whole pot. Keep moving the growth tips around to space them out. It becomes almost like a game of how many grow spots can you get started. I did exactly what you are doing for about 60 days. I had about 28-30major growth tips, and about 10 other minor growths. I lost about 20 of them over my vacation, have 13 strong colas now, with about 9 more growth tips forming, so making a comeback.

Also, once the pot is filled up, just let all your colas grow straight up.

15. Update
    July 22

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Under the canopy
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Hell ya an that looks really nice that is going to be a forest of colas soon man thats rideculous u gotta see that thing in person

17. man* not an and I* got to see it in person not u
    ( attempted to type way to fast in tht last post)

18. Sup everyone.
    Thought id give one more update before I leave for vacation.
    I put a scrog net up and took most of the paperclips out. The plant is responding nicely to it so that's good. Here's pics of the lst/scrog. Plant
    And my fim plant.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. #20 KB Grower, Aug 7, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
    Sup gc,

Well im back and everything is going goood. Vacation was fucking awsome, here some pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    My FIM plant was a male, and it had developed very fast by the looks of all the pollen sacs. Not very big of a deal but it would have been nice but oh well.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

My lst/scrog nodes had grown at least 4 inches up and was very bushy. I did some more scrog and the plant pretty much has filled up the entire screen. I don't see any pistles nor any balls and since the fim plant was younger and on the same light sched and already showed its male sex am prerty confident the scrog is a female.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePM5ivUmJDQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player]‪Scrog medical‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]