DankyKush Aurora Indica 400 Watt HPS (DAILY UPDATES) (ADVICE WANTED)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by DankyKush1, Jun 12, 2011.

1. #1 DankyKush1, Jun 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2011

Ive got 3 Auroras in flowering
    2 Aurora seedlings
    Also 7 Aurora clones rooting, 3/6 have rooted

Seeds 1, 2, and 3 have shown there pistils

Soil:
    Fox Farm
    Nutes:
    [FONT=&quot]-House & Garden Soil A[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]-House & Garden Soil B [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]-Vitamin B-1 [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]-Hydroplex[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]-Sugar[/FONT]

Set up:
    [FONT=&quot]-400watt Digilux 57,000k High Pressure Sodium
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]-LumenAire 6" Reflector MH/HPS [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]-Quantum 400watt Dimmable Ballast MH/HPS[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]-EcoPlus Inline 6" Fan 340 CFM[/FONT]
    -Can Carbon Filter
    [FONT=&quot]
    Seed 1 Day 47 Flowering Day 4

[​IMG]

Seed 2 Day 46
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Flowering Day 4[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[​IMG]

Seed 3 Day 46 Flowering Day 1

[​IMG]

Seed 4 Day 9

[​IMG]

Seed 5 Day 9

[​IMG]

Clones

[​IMG]

Grow Room

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [/FONT]
    Feeding Chart

[​IMG]

Thanks Guys :D

2. #2 booyaa, Jun 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2011
    Hey wish I could see your pics, stupid photo bucket. Love the strain you are growing. That honestly has to be some of the stuff around.

I have some shots of my last Nirvana Seeds AI grow but when I link to them they will not show up.

Good luck~!

3. Sorry about the picture problem, fixed now
    Had to make a new photobucket account

4. Heres some pics of my recent harvest :D
    Named her Danky Kush

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. damn those nugs look nice as hell. Wish I could have a grow this well. keep growing man

6. hay man looks like there doing awsome,just watch out for the streach.i am growing the some AI and the same set up as you.i am on day 19 flower and they have gone from 15" to 42" in flower so just be prepard.well best of luck to you and happy growing!! major

7. Haha thanks guys
    I should be fine the roofs about 10' tall so my plants can grow to be as tall as 7' without any problems

8. Nice stuff DankyKush1! My stuff was very short... I femmed and LST'd and kept my under 2.5 feet with some fairly good sized colas (4 per plant).

9. Thanks :)
    Im messing with the strain to see what technique yields the most

Plant 1 has been topped at the main stem and on 2 branches, and LST
    Plant 2 has been stressed into a circle :D
    Plant 3 has been topped

10. AI shouldn't stretch that much unless it's not getting enough lighting. Its a pretty short strain by nature. I've grown it multiple times.

When I say that much, I mean relative to some taller indica strains. But then again, who knows with some seeds and environments, but I haven't had very tall AI's.

I also use 5 gallon smart pots which are short and fat to help keep the stretch down.

11. Ive noticed quite a difference in the leafs on the plants
    Plants 1 & 2 have slimmer razor edges, Plant 3 has huge leafs with bubble edges
    All the seeds were bought from Nirvana in a 5 pack
    Is it possible to be 2 different strains?

Looks almost Hybrid and Indica :/

Plant 1

[​IMG]

Plant 3

[​IMG]

12. #12 drhell2pay, Jun 15, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
    interestingly enough, Aurora (my favorite strain) is a strain made from Northern Lights, which is a hybrid between an indica and a sativa and Afghan which is an original indica strain and AI is relatively new so the strain may have some random gene issues that you're seeing. Its basically indica dominant but has some sativa from the NL strain built in. I've seen some interesting stuff as well.

13. I have transplanted 2 clones into dixie cups that I drilled 5 holes in for drainage.
    These 2 will be transplanted outside, I have dug 2 holes and at the bottom put a plastic water saucer to work as a pot. Ive been told to put wood at the bottom of the hole so water stops and roots don't grow too far, so plastic should work.
    Also here is a current picture of my Veg Box with the clones and seeds.

How long should I wait before transplanting outside?
    Also how much light should I give them inside?
    They are currently getting the over light from the seeds. (See in Picture)
    I was thinking in 2 days adding a CFL each over them then 5 days later transplanting outside.
    I will be using my Fox Farm soil, will this be okay?

Thanks Guys

Clones Roots

[​IMG]

Transplanted Clones

[​IMG]

Current Veg Box

[​IMG]

14. I have transplanted 2 of my clones into pots
    I ran out of soil so I have to pick some more up today
    To transplant the clones I...
    -Mixed B1 at 6.3
    -Watered Soil
    -Planted Clone
    -Watered Clone

My clones in my dome now are getting the lighting from the box but sitting right outside it cause it wont fit anymore
    Is this okay?

Clones

[​IMG]

Veg Box

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Seed 1 Day 49

[​IMG]

Seed 2 Day 48

[​IMG]

Seed 3 Day 48

[​IMG]

Grow Room

[​IMG]

16. When can I start watering the clones with nutes?
    I need to water my seeds for the first time with nutes and I wanna mix the solution for both at the same time

17. #17 drhell2pay, Jun 17, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2011

I think maybe your fat leafed friend either is showing the primary afghan genes or its not AI.

I just checked all my AI (6 plants) and they all have that in between growth that your first shot shows. Maybe Nirvana got a seed mixed in?

Dunno. Looks like some Charas Indica I grew (pure indica from India), big ole fat fingers. In fact that's what my avatar is, a pure Indica strain I grew that the fan leave was bigger and fatter than my hand (which is big).

Hmm, I looked back..check out these shots like 50 days into my grow. I see two plants side by side, one with fat leaves one with skinnier leaves, just like yours :)
    http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/787876-growing-cancer-aurora-indica-8.html

18. Its probably the dominate genetics showing in the strain sanding out then if you have the same thing :)

19. Cool beans, I can tell you the smoke on this strain is wonderful

20. That was exactly my thought going into the grow with its genetics, but it really doesn't look all stretched out, the 400w HPS stays about 8 inches away at max in a 3x3 room in 5 gallon buckets, so I wouldn't think the stretch would be a rooting problem either.
    The 2 plants have also been topped 3 times each and they're still just shy of 4 feet, so I don't really know :confused: haha

I know what you mean, my 2 taller ones have much more "sativaish" leaves, with the thinner blades of the leaf and more spacing between each blade.
    I got a 5 pack from Nirvana as well and out of the 3 I popped, 2 have shown the "sativaish" leaves, and the other looks to be more indica leaves, but the thing is a complete mutant so it's really hard to tell if it is exactly more indica.
    I think that the one guy got it right, I think that it's just a newer strain and its not 100% stable yet, I think that there are the 2 strong Phenotypes, one showing more sativa and the other more indica, plus with my 1 mutant plant, I would say its just a matter of Nirvana not having completely stable genetics yet.
    Anyways, good luck with the plants my friend, they look great so far, I'd just say keep doing what you're doing. :D

Major :smoke: