my first grow journal.....Northern Lights, Blueberry, Pineapple kush

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by katsmokes, May 23, 2011.

1. I had tried unsucessfully to grow in my younger twenties. Not sucessful because you need to invest I quality products to help the plant grow. I was poor and only could afford a 250watt hps reflector with the ballast and had no help, no one to ask, and the resources at the time on the internet were always unreliable, thus my very first grow I took seeds that had been sitting around for who knows how long, germinated two, and both were female. I put them in a pot each so big I won't even say it on here and fed them the blue rystal chemical food. Funny enough these two closet plants were well over five feet at 4 n a half months,smelled and looked great. I knew nothing about trimming ur plant, so they were like trees. I don't know if it was too much water because I would water I. This gigantic pot until it drained, the miracle grow, or the "new way" I was cnvined to dry them in a food dehydrator. Either way looking back it was funny. There was like really zero thc in them when they dried...this time I am keeping a journal with pictures and it starts here. I am waiting for my blueberry,northern lights,pineapple kush,and three fem lowryder (can't believe it have too see it) to be delivered. As soon as they are my pictures start. I already have a remote 400watt ballast (closet op) from a company known to make the best quality ballasts around, and it will run HPS for veg abd right now is running a 400watt ceramic metal halide. I am organic growing in the way I will be using foxfarm brand ocean soil mix along with grow big, big bloom, and the restb of the recommended feeding regimine for foxfarms nutrients. I have had the closet ripped out by husband and rebuilt half ofit is walled off completely this is where clones will be and breeding sometimes if I can kanage to stress just a part of the female to get a bananna I can cut off and freeze before it opens....anyways anyone is encouraged to offer me tips and let me know if they look ok or not as I am growing them.

After placing my seed order I did a test run with 5 bag seeds and sucessfully germinated all and it helped me figyre out to get differennt "jiffy pellets" along with making me aware a light can be easily too close for young plants and we installed an eeasy pully system to loser andraise liights....more to come with pics of course"!

2. Second entry...seeds came less than 5 days shbipping to usa. The pineapple kush seeds were biggest, the blueberry looked the most plain and the northern lights are small but the wildest looking seeds I have seen. All are mature as far as I can tell.using very diluted foxfarm big bloom. Which helps seeddlings n germination, they have been put in peat pellets in a greenhouse enviroonment and will be checking everyday or 12 hours for germination. Rates, sexes and pictures will be posted upon sucessful germination. I also germinated the three lowrydeer feminized seeds I got as well and those will be posted in their own section of this as the only reason I have tbhem is they were included with purchase I personally have no interest in any of these type of modified auto flowering "dwarf plants" but definetly will not complain when free.... here is a pic of how the seeds were labled and bagged and anyone who says this is giving away sending secreets is full of crap they came the same way every other time too....

Attached Files:

3. Sooo less than twenty four hours after arrival I germinated three of each and two og the ezryder(was mistaken NOT lowryder) this shows me seed size has not a lot to do with germination it is the maturity however the pineapple kush were the biggest seed and also were cracking open last night ...the blueberry that I germinated after a soak session in big bloom mixture has sprouted under the soil but the two remaining in the germination towel have yet to go however I am aware with the nl seeds and the bb, smaller means sometimes a harder shell which means longer soaking...pics will come as I get some

4. After five more hours the rest have all sprung the tap root and cracked their seed. All are currently being kept covered with ff ocean soil wet, under my ceramic metal halide lamp 400watt and am satissfied with the germination because I picked out what looked like "weak seeds" to germinate on purpose and if the smallest ansd lightest do it in twelve hours I have no doub ts about the remaining....

5. OK so the next day and good morning to those on cts good evening/day and afternoon to others! Currently, I am going to be adding a plethora of pictures in my next post tomorrow. I anticipate by then some will already contain tester leaves they are taking root extremely fast... I am not sure if anyone has heard of this but even in most hps ballasts or some, you can run a CERAMIC metal halide lamp for veg,.,, this type looks exaCTLY like a HPS but is also much more money than a regular MH but also put out a LOT more lumens.. in the beginning I had a trouble with germination technique. I have greg Greens bible to growing ( Did not purchase rosenthals as well because two bibles will just make me confused and not able to decide what to do). HOWEVER after reading the recommended germination page, which there is NOT a lot of information about ( plethora of info about all other things cannabis related though) so I remembered the last time I did this when I was unsucessful at the end come harvest but growing was a sucess if you look at the simplest of it and I used bag seed and germinated it in a wet paper pag overnight on my counter it worked. When I ordered some Sagamartha Blue Thunder and White Widow, ( which I never got to gorw because I lose the seed packets...) that is when I first used the foxfarms oceansoil and I just put a seed in, watered it, and litteraly three days later it was up with testers.,... I was using though a 250watt hps through entire thing and I am aware of the increase in light. ALL seeds except ONE blueberry and ONE ezryder feminized have germinated, meaning to me that the shell is soft, or has fallen off, is about too, and the tap root is on its first curve. That is when I then take them out of the Jiffy "greenhouse" ( I DO NOT use jiffy pellets... this time I used soft linen like paper towel soaked in water and dilution of big bloom, and all have germinated in less than 24 hours some as soon as 8 ) , and I put them in custome made red plastic cups filled with FF Ocean Potting soil and I put them BARELY covered with the root pointing down and activley [pick a piece of what I can only describe as "sponge material" That is better that our sponges, and I make sure I put it directly over the germinaed seedling, because its retention of moisture keeps it hydrated, along with covering it. Then I saturated again the sheets they were germinated on, with water and a very diluted big bloof ff mixture, and I put all sheer thin paper like towels over the cups, they are white. I then covered them recpectivley with glass covers I have set aside for this. They are very humid, and can sense the light, and some of them have already shed their seeed. I will admit I did NOT think the northern lights or the blueberry was going to germinate at all, because of the size, but in trying only three out of each pack of ten all but two so far have completely germinated so I would consider this a great rate. Next post iwill be uploading pictures of them as they are rooting!

6. Ok so today ( pics will be uploaded within four hours), all seeds except one blueberry, and remember I hadd taken four of each and also planted the free feminized ezryders. Today all plants except two northern light opened their tessters andd u are able too see the tiny leaf....I noticed right away the pineapple kush strain has fuzzy roots and purple streaks on the leaves and the blueberry is very dark in color pics

7. Ok I know I said I woulkd pic yesterday but this is better to see what has happened within not very many days.....I start out with blueberry, u can see the cups labled together and then the subsequent single plant pictures are of each blueberry. I then took photos of my northern lights strain. Although I still see this as the "hardest sstrain to grow"OUT of the rest, if anyone who has had experience, lots of it, with northern lights, a msg or pm is welcome. I then take a pic of each plant (there are four of each and one blueberry just came up. And I don't want to disturb, the other is one ezryder feminized, the seed has germinated however tap root is stub born on coming out.

I then took the pineapple kush, of which all seeds germinated and seems to be the most fastest developer. So far.

I have special pics and need ANY advice on them....one of the thrree free ezryder fem plants germinated and developed with three testers, and accordingly is growing three leaves not the pair...I took a pic. The other easy ryder that is growing so far seems normal.

My second concern or amazement/wonder is please read ?y first or second journal entry-before I got the seeds from a bank I tested my germinaation abd lighting with five bag seeds, all of which had come from seeded quarter pound, this particular bag was very strong for seeded and had a very different feel to it than normal seeded stuff. As I am growing the plants, I notice they are having genetic mutations and aam wondering ig this is also possibly a guerrillas autoflowering 60 day that was just planted outside and allowed to or did somehow seed...as you will see one of the plants iss normal, then thereb are three that have developed very funny leave patterns, and one that was the late bloomer is the wildest, two testers, ONE leaf and no pair to it, and the second coming in is the same way. These seeds were not shocked in any way this is how they are.. they will be last on these pics so pls enjooy more to come soon......so far things are better than I had expected and yes I will be tossing the baggie seeds but they are very interesting....

Attached Files:

8. Wanted to note the last pics of the more developed plants again are the bag seed testers. The three leaf ezryder I hope doesnot go male I have heard that femi nized seeds sometimes in fact are male becaise in the cannabis growers bible by greg green it states that "Genetically a plant does not know or determine its own sex until about the third week wheen it is sexually viable and at this ppoint early sexing should be done the most reliable method is at r or three weeks take a clone from each plant, put it on 12/12 (in another area of course u need two areas. This is the .ethod I plan on using if I wanted to in one more week I coiukd do that to the biggest tester and of course they will serve me as testers for making sucessfull clones which I will detail how to do here once I start. Thanks if even one person is reading!

9. Just giving an update....I learned as most do from a m.istake made....a very otherwise reliable person I know with lots og gardening experience told me that I should do "foilage feeding". I was told to simply take the grow big and "use a cotton balll" on the leave themselves.

Well. NEVER AGAIN. I was smart enough to try it only on the testers mainly..I tried a tiny drop on 2 NL plants and in an hour they looked like they were very perky, but after. 6 hours night sleep, and I will take pics so u can see just how much damage this does...they woke up it looked like someone had held the bulb like almost on them-the leaveds were all shriveled in already, some taking onn the color of dying, but in other testers where I did half of the amount he recomended, the leaves look burnt. So now I have seen my first chem burn, and the last and seconnd NL died today this morning I seen it for dys butit had developed a very healthy grid like root system and stem it was only the leaves but this morning finally it gave out.

The ezryder three prong made it.I bgot tiny amounts, so the very bottom leaves havee spoots, but new growth hasn continues to take pace.

By chance, and good luck, I came across some seeds worth germinating as not only tester plants but an unknown strain that looks,tastes,and smokes great, with mature seeds, only a few though, it was extremely potent, so I. Figure germinating them won't hurt they can replace some of the tester plants as I am feeling like I probably stressed at least one into hermie or maybe just shock but I know what to d.

At the first sign of burn in the morning I immedoatly took out one random seed fromm the blueberry and one more nl. I didn't grab two more hbecause I know it is a little tricky and want to know how this particular company's (marijuana-seeds.nl I believe) strain of northern light is and why they labelled it as moderate not easy. Ne thing I can tell u is this particular strain takes a lot of patience, not a lot of touching at all, andd that there is a reason especially for a first time grower. The bigggest tester was showing pre flower signs but I have had to trimba lot away and I don't wwant it wwasting energy on diseased or burnt leaves u know?

Next time I post within this week I will have updated pics. Feeding ff big bkloom in small quantites, the leaves are fat abd long on the other two nl, the pineapple kush is agaiin still the fastest and easiest to germinate and seems like a Very good and inexpensive dtrain to grow, followed by the blueberry because it starts a little slower but once it made its roots in the cup, it grows nearly as fast as the p.k.

I regret foilar feeding and am not gonna listen to advice except from the book I have.....it does appear to talk in very vauge and general terms about foilar feeding but nothing more specific than what my friend told me.... anyways they all are flushed out that got the grow big out I think and that won't be opened untiil like middle of vegatative growth.....thatbis all for nnow if anyone is reading this and has pointers about how too save then let me knoww but it is not a big deal as they were mostly testers, send me a message

10. I am going to be adding pictures this afternoon when the dirt is a little drier... I want people if ANYONE is reading this, to know that without doubt the Northern Lights strain from Marijuana Seeds (cannabis Seeds) High Quality Low Prices is a VERY VERY fickle plant and a VERY slow starter, so for a beginner, I wouldnt recommend this unless you have LOTS of time, and can grow mostly just this strain from this particular company. I lost two due to the mistake foilar feeding, from spray that got CLOSE to them, was all it took. They had GREAT root and stem systems. One went right away i believe i mentioned that one above, but then another one went, and it litteraLY had a great stem and root system when it died, the roots had no visable damage or the stem, it was pure foilage feeding that burned it and I believe got into an area of the plant ( this is a guess I am not that knowledgable about plant vocabulary other than the necessary terms right now) and it burnt the place where new growth would have came through.

The third northern light, also apparantly got some overspray, is a runt, or is a very unique Sativa phenotype as it only has generated long long thing leaves that as they grew actually got a hole and ripped. I do not have the light too close, and I think it was due to overspray and it shrivled and stunted this plants growth. I am hopeing by the time I take the picture I can take some details I would like you to notice where the new leaves come out from right now, as it is almost like a string. I did notice new growth today desoute the stunt... it seemed all plants just stopped this week and only yesterday and the day before really started to be ok ( I did flush them and transplant ALL into new pots with brand new FF ocean soil with NO food as this will be fine for the next month or so...

The ezryder female with the three prongs resembles a cabbage right now more than a marijuana plant and I am extremely eager to see how this girl turns out. These seeds were feminized according to the bank, and one of them was a dud, so this three prong girl is like growing layers of lush baby green leaves.. they have a feel I have NEVER felt from pot before but you can see it is defintely pot..maybe it is the look of the new auto flowering strains.. if anyoe is reading this and can give me a bank that sells blue thunder by sagarmartha ( orderd once before this is years ago, they stil have the thuderfuck or matanuska tunda , but the blue thunder was this crossed with blueberry I believe or some blue strain.. I will pay whatever for the seeds if I can get the genuine ones again.

There is the other northern lights, that is for sure growing, got no overspray, and exhibits a different phenotype so far than the other one, which may not be how it looks at all but may be the aftereffects of the damage, but it has EXTREMELY broad leaves, very dark ad fat, and it kind of opens up and they are flat.

There is a particular blueberry which I will be lifting up the leaf onfor a picture, it is exhibiting a smell ALREADY and a color unlike any other ones, including the extra one I germinated activley and sucessfully about three days ago, although it could develop this. The front of the leaf is fine, stem is fuzzy, but the back of the leaf when lifted up, is so dark purple and blue and when you put your nose to it you can smell it very distinctly. The pineapple kush also has its own smell and it is exactly as described on the site, it smells tropical. I am anticipating it will smell maybe like rancid pineapple when all done but right now it is very tropical smelling not like marijuana.

Despite my misgivings, I did KEEP two of the original testers. One of them is the original first bag seeed I planted weks before the seeds came. He/she started out in my african violet pot for fun, and then was one of the original ones I used the big grow on for foilage feeding and this is also the most badly damaged plant.

However, amazingly, it has bounded back and pics will be up within hours. ALL NEW vegatative growth, and I can see it getting ready to burst. Again it was at a standstill after that foilage feeding, and in the last day or two as had explosive growth, like maybe the BG got out of it...

Luckily, I came into a bag that is sold at low prices because it has seeds, but it is MUCH stronger than the horrible nugs I ran into the orther day... it was VERY evident in the weed they had picked it imaturely. You could taste the dirt, they were not complete dry, though almost there, and they had absolutley no smell at all. So I took these bag seeeds, chucked the other ones I had, and germinated three to practice sexing, cloning, and other things.

I also germinated two pineapple last night, using my special technique, and all have germinated already and this time I am going to let their tap root grow a lot longer before I plant them.

Also, a note for people who might be tight on cash, I went to home depot, and they will give you TONS of all different types, sizes, and shapes or pots, including air hole pots, all you have to do is ask them where are the pots they are gtting rid of because in planting season they almost always have pots that they might have used once but are in excellent condition. I believe the air hole pot was like 40 bucks but got it free because they had used it and it saved LOTS of money especially or future cultivation..

11. Grow is looking good! Can't wait to see how your plants turn out

12. sweet journal! Looking forward to watching your grow =) I love northern lights..one of my favs

13. Thank you. For even a comment its what made me decide to keep up with this here. Also if nyone is reading this because they want to see how this Seed bank is if you got seds from them they are looking for detailed people to submit their journals and they will Go with the straiin info so people can see how real customers rops turned out under different conditions.....I made some huge changes to my grow "closet" I decided for personal use I need more because I might anticipate a few males due. To initial stunt but they have taken off...I cannot believe they are only few weeks old....more individual pics within hours, thereb are some here to give an idea......both ezryder fem seeds. Have started to flowe already...those pics are first.

I had the closet door and barier ripped out an expanded it, then went to get another 400watt ballast got a hortilux eye bulb...the reflector has tempered glass to keep heat in and fittings on each side for coolinng tubes which will be installed by the end of the week. I also purchased a 4 foot moving track that the llight slowley moves back and forth ensuring proper liight coverage. I also transplanted most into bigger pots, thus the need for more space....until I get back from taking husband somewhere individual pics will be up hereare some others till then.....for now I am. Not gonna go through strains that will be the nextbset of pics however again the first few are oof both ezryders and theiir start o flower..I am doing 24 on and wondering if I should be taking them out....

Attached Files:

14. Ok here is up closer pics of some of the plants. I experienced a litttle heat. Burn on some of them as u will see but all the new growth and stems are healthy.... as the bucket indicates which strain is being shown, I took pics from a few diff angles of each. The first two sets of pics are my newly floweing ezryders...even with a decent camera it may be hard forr u to see the hairs but they are white, and the three leafed one looks like it will have some very dense budsites for growth......

Attached Files:

15. K it took me a long time for those lol since sync won't work right today I am uploading from a harder to use device... I forgot to mention the blueberry labelled topped was topped to try two colas too see if it works. It has some pretty wild looking growth on it.... the very last is my "abuse plant" its a bag seed I threw in some dirt while waaiting in the mail for other seeds to come this one the stem isextremely long because in the beginning I just thrrew itin a african voilet pot but despite being iin shade the stem grew over and around before I decided to use it as an abuse plant. So now it is very long... I removed all buurnt leaves when I burned it by foil feeding and it still regrew and its roots are amazing. I have sucessfully takken many clones ( for practice cuttin em) off here and it is day 9 all. But ONE have grown roots, the one that hasn't is about too.....I also germinated another blueberrry n pineapple kush in case. The topping goes wrong and recently came into contaact with some very potent seeded stash, but most of the seeds had been crushed however I have 5 and those were also just transplanted to one gallons yesterday. Also all plants pictured were transplanted yesterday, and they seem to be doing great! I know I don't post piccs often but I want anyone looking at this to be able to see change so I am aiming for every other week or whatever.... I am suprised I have been able to keep them alive for some reason I keep thinking I am not good enough to get quality but I am following proven methods and SO FAR things are on track!

16. O just a small update I took the ezryders and let them sit in 6 hours yesterday to see and they were so rejuvinated and lifted and happy looking after that once they rested and then got light I am convinced it is probably nothing but a either stress to the plant to always do 24 veg, or it does NO BETTER at best than a 18/6 light cycle. I got the initial idea because when I first grew long ago the HID reflectors, lamps, and remote ballasts were JUST becoming something that a regular person could afford, a 250 reflector with nothing special, hps only, was over 250 dollars at the time and that was the cheapest price lol....

There was also a flourishing indoor growth community it seemed once these lights have become more common place a little and on this particular forum they were all hyped about the 24 hour light cycle. It was the forum of the "infamous" CLOSETGROWTHS (username) strain called glass slipper that he bred and went on to become C-99. All of these people used 24 hours lighting, so I assumed I should contine. However after reading much more updated threads I see there are ONLY advantages to an 18/6 cycle and that the best I have seen is that 24 of course will WORK, but that there is absolutley no difference between 24 hours and 18 except many people saying the end product is very chloraphyll tasting and also has a "crackling sound" and HORRIBLE burning sensation
    So yesterday after trying it it the ezryders, after I put that back under the light within 2 hours they looked better than before, and that was enough to show me they all need a rest just like all life and once the light go back on in I will be taKING PICS ABOUT TWO HOURS LATER TO SHOW the difference in the pics taken a few days ago versus what one day of doing this will do. I am very confident that this is the right thing to do and from what I have read it will not make them shocked or bud early but only help so that will be an interesting change as well.... we wil see what happens... one thing I can say is that the two most strong smelling plants are the northern lights, and suprisingly, the "abuse plant" lol. if you look in my journaL IN THE beginning entries, I explain this seed, it was a bagseed. But I am wondering what it is like nonseeded and full potentcy because he smell of only this one plant penetrates the entire 1024sq foot living area until I ghot charcoal filtring already two days ago. The northern lights smell when you get up close and this is the most weird smell I have had yet from any MJ... they smel is VERY pungent or almost rancid but in an appealing way if this makes sense. The branches all have these red pigments on them, close to almpost purple red and crimson, it is like a line of color on the big fan leaf stems, and ohers, and these smell a LOT. I AM WONDERING personally if there is an early sexing method , even if it is more accurae but not all theway of course, that smaller or more compact starting plats that smell extremely long are most ikley males? I know there are exceptions to this, but I have seen in The Cannabis Grow Bible by Greg Green that although this is never a complete way of telling and you should never ever throw plants away from this reason, but a semi- reliable way to find females earl it says is GENERALLY the males will be the faster and bigger growers. All have grown VERY fast so far but I do notice certain ones that are a hed abce the rest and I swea I see male "preflowers" on them as described in the book as the bud site with one of the "calix;s" higher than the other two, like a raised one. This is supposed to be a giveaway but I am not stupid enough to just throw out plants because I think this . I can spot a female preflower without hesitation and I mam glad for this. To be honest, I have never ever found a male even when I first started so I have a feeling they will be easy to spot and if I do get a male out of the two remaining nothen lights ( long story and sad one) I wil be keeping him and collecing a few banas before he is bagged because I will be using them in a breeding project. I have heard very good reviews online and in person for this seedbanks take on NL and already I see why so I will be working on that too... pics later today after a dark period!

17. So since the ezryders took off real quick they are starting to get sites EVERYWHERE as fast as they are also growing.. they are going through a big growth stage here so I am going to be getting some gentle flowering support nutrients and also in the meantime I have identified definetly 2 pineapple kush, one blueberry, and one northern light as sure female. They calyx has formed and there is no doubt about the two little pistils that are peaking out at certain bud sites, so I found some very very young PREFLOWERS.

Also, shockingly to me, despite planting it in my african violet filled hanging pot with miracle grow in it, then after finally getting a HUGE long but weak stem to go towards the light in the window, it was moved to straight 25 hour 400watt MH light when the other seeds came, I had tested the foilage feeding on it, which I found out was a HUGE mistake.. so I had to remove almost all the branches and despite all of this, the "abuse plant" ( no name bagseed weed nothing special) is by far the most sativa type at least the in the physical way it exhibits. It is also completely grown ALL new vegataion, got through another nute burn, and it has been developing bud sites and FEMALE preflowers, there are three of them that I can see two tiny hairs poking through. It makes sense because it is a little older than the rest, but I am suprised after all I have done to it including clone practice, topping ( which is going GREAT and the way they show it in books) and besides the northern lights I am sure is a female, is the most punghent smelling plant in the room if I dont use the filter I can smell it at night when I sleep( doesnt bother me =) ) .

One thing I did not mention is that due top the foilage feeding and aso I topped a blueberry which also is going very sucessful after the initial stunt, as I did it maybe a week early but it has resumed all new growth and los of new vegetation and ging just like the other topped plant. It also is one of the blueberrys I am close to 100% sure is a female.

I am very good at sexing plants. Although I only grew once myself before, and by some stroke of fortune ended up qwith all females, but the end result was shit, but I have helped people who know me with trying to sex their plants early, and I have ALMOST always been 100% right and almost all the time unless it is a strong genetic trait, I can tell by the 4th week of vegatative from the day the seed top came off the two testers. I have noticed certain strains just simply will not develop or sex this early and wont even develop bud sites as I have seen however until a longer time.

By far the strain that is taking thew longest to develop prreflower and bud sites is the Pineapple Kush. I have some good expectations for this strain, it displays in ALL seeds germinated a uniform poster example of a Kush plant and it is the tallest, most vigirious, the seeds have germinated as fast as 6 hours ( they have been cracked and you can see the white tap root coming out just the tip until it starts to curl but this is using "active germination" ( if you wanna know what i did to do this pm me.. it has worked everytime 100% of the time, and the two times I have had seeds NOT germinate I have found they were either immature inside or completely rotted to the point they smell rotted ( without being wet or sitting in anything) ) .

Anyways, due to my initial mistakes and fear as a first time grower, and also because I came into the luck a few weeks ago of finding high quality good smelling, looking, and potent bud. It had very few seeds, and had looked like someone tried to crush it just a bit to crush the seeds and then that was it. It was almost "nugs" but to be honest it was better than the "strawberry cough" that is going arond that is supposedly so fabled and because of this is extremely expensive here and it is a joke to me you can tell all they are doing is putting rotten strawberries in the dirt...

ANYWAYS I managed to salvage 5 or 6 seeds from this particular bag. They were VERY ripe, and in very very good condition. They were bursting out of the shell within 12 hours, every single one, and along with them I went ahead and put one more blueberry and pineapple kush in the event the weed is shit, I fucxk some plants up, or have more males than I think.

This particular bagseed, I am calling "Bojangles" . It came from a source that usually has shit weed and a stroke of luck allowed this source to get just enough of some good quality and I ran into a good situation.

I am expecting some good things, as all the bojangles, which will be pictured today when I turn the lights back on ( when the ezryders started to flower, I went to 18/6 also because I keep heaRING that 24 is not the best way really because they say there is no difference and that they need some time to process the clorophyl and it will NOT induce any type of shock... this is after reading a LOT about it since I had the heat issues, I see a lot of people who use 24 hours have these issues also ) .

This "bojangles" is already exhibiting very strong sativa strains, as is the abuse plant. Both bags came from a source that I am 100% sure has come from the sourthern part of the united states and south america. I am aware sativas are very prevalent here and populat, and this particular one it is obvious by its such positive reaction to the soil, light, and is SO BIG already that SOMONE AT SOME POINT had bred and did make this a strain that can be grown outdoors in hot areas and will stay very potent, without any seed taste or anything when it is pollinated, so I am imagining non pollenated will be interesting at the least. I also did this again just in case there are too many males. I do not want to waste all the seed bank seeds on my first run and second run because I will need to learn things and upgrading ( like recently wih the light setup and track expansion of area etc) and already have been buying high quality aeroponic system that I plan to have complete and able to use one I understand and am comfotable with growing this plant the right way and knowing what to do and how to spot things as soon as they need to be spotted.

Anyways, pics are soon. This journal has a lot of entries without pics, I am not taking pics of the same looking plant at this point because it is just filling out but will update and this is also going to be copied and loaded to the seed bank for their personal knowledge to be more accurate.

I am activley in the process of tryign to obtain "Glass Slipper" seeds. If ANYONE reading this has any banks they know of that may cary this, please PM me. This is a sativa base strain bred a LONG TIME and was completed about 7 years ago. It is well known by some and non existant to others.. I found one of the original breeders however this person is not involved and able to assist.

18. #18 Cityboyz239, Jun 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Sweet! Interesting journal! I've enjoyed following it =) I looked for the glass slippers..they seem to be very hard to find!

19. yes.. I know the c99 is a direct product of it. CLOSETGROWTH is the original grower it is kinda infamous as when it was at final stages of development it was kind of like how people drool over the pictures of that "Dr.Grinspoon" phenotype that kinda looks like big berries on a stick..I am going to keep looking I usually find what I want as long as it exists and I look hard enough, lol.

Pictures today as one very nice little blueberry has shown herself to be a lady and is already sprouting hairs.. preflowers are some of the best things I can see!! ( Makes me happy to see em everytime lol) .

All others that previously had not been even developing the bud regions or sites/preflowers are now starting when looked at by the naked eye but it is small. The Northern Lights is one of them. It started to sprout what will be eithe rmale or female flowers so I am anticipating at the end of the week being able to sex most of them.

The "Bojangles" strain is impressive and is one of the fastest growing in my room as it is starting to catch up to the smaller blueberry's and one of the Northern Lights, which is exhibiting completely Sativa characteristics as far as how the leaf looks and how it is developing. This will also be pictured.

Found out there is a "timelapse" camera at the grow shop and will be buying this shortly. I came into a RELIABLE bag of blackberry kush. I am partial to kush strains and indicas. I have never smelled anything like it in my life and it is obvious whoever grew it took the time to cure it very well, and flushed it, and also grew it in soil. It seriously smells like SODA. Blackberry soda. The taste is very unique. It tastes similar to how it smells if that makes anysense, but along with the good fortune to aquire this, I also found 3 mature seeds ( the only seeds in the entire thing, I think they were not supposed to be there, no other pods or any type of seed casings or very immature ones, etc, but 3 very fat, brown and dark patched big seeds inside of 2 of the buds. I then found out that there are reliable seeds I can buy that have been originally ordered overseas and were reproduced, such as White Widow, more of the blackberry Kush, Strawberry cough, however I did not like this particular growers take on the stran the high just was not for me ( the potentcy was not an issue or the taste), but instead of having to worry about shipping paying etc, I just have to go and pick em up! =) .

My next grow journal will be of these along with a few I am buying. I like a challenge and if I could be reliably told that if I buy ten seeds of the grinspoon, I want to try growing the phenotype I have seen that people go nuts, just to show people what it looks like from someone ordering it, I am aware it can get up to 14 or more feet tal but I can accomodate this without problems and it takes sometimes 100 days or more of flowering,... this would be a side project and I would most likley cull ofr grow the other phenotypes with other strains because I am interested in this specific phenotype because I belive there is a LOT more to that strain than there is information about, and if documented in detail, could be of good use I believe.

Anyways, that is a long way off. I want to make sure I am doing things right. I am fighting with myself to go hydroponic for some strains next time as I have seen now the difference it can make in setups that are quality, the root system seems to be amazing and there seems to be less mess with soil, but I think some strains were MADE FOR SOIL so I always will have a few soil plants no matter what I think if I do decide to purchase a hydro setup..

Anyways yes i write lots but its my grow journal so sorry not all of these will be riddled with pics as I know most people like the shots but after you get past the initial "wow i have pot plants they look cool" phase you become very immersed in how different strains grow, their needs, etc, and I am already seeding differences starting fom germination..

pics of my blueberry girl soon! I transplanted the rest yesterday nigght. All the bojangles had to be transplanted they lasted less than a week and a half in s hslf gallon bucket from seed... they also have red/purpleish stems and their fan leaves look definetly like fat kush type leaves... they ALL exhibit this I see no difference in any of them so I think this was at least a developed strain as it is very uniform and again it was amazing pollinated with seeds hence why I decided just for the heck of it to try doing it without and seeing what the original purchaser thinks about the stuff when it can reach its full potential... There is a pungent skunky smell coming from them.. also the next smelliest is actually the ABUSE PLANT that for whatever reason is female and smells the strongest always has. I just cant throw it out and it wants to grow I have no clue what I am going to do with it probably stick the entire thing once its done in my bubblebags and it will add nicley to the end product of the bubble bags I think if I do that...

Beside that though the Northern lights actually are the strongest in smell. Their smell is very strong and I dont know how to explain it.. MAYYBE like a skunky but it is hard to describe.. but its definetly a smell I love... ; 0 )

20. OK pics today finally. There has been a significant chnge but not too much that any phases were skipped over. I am actually pretty proud of myself for the first time doing this.

ALL blueberries except for ONE have displayed FEMALE preflowers, with the two pistils protruding first at the cola area and then starting on some nodes, not all. During vegetation one blueberry on particular caught me eye and I had been PRAYING for it to be a girl and it is so I am very happy.. clones have been taken and the process has started to save this one just because I have a feeling this will be a good plant.. the color is different than the rest, it almost looks tie dye, this is not a deficency, it has the most lush and vigirious growth along with the strongest smell.

2 of my pineapple kush have also sprouted pistils from their prefowers, indicating two fo sure females. One I am almost positive is a male.. the preflower looks almost like a cone but in a "6" shape.. I am waiting of course to be sure but as soon as I seen it i got an immediate gut feeling this is NOT like the females I have seen ever before .

The Northern lights, sadly, only two made it however both have preflowers that so far have gone in the exact developmental direction as the other female preflowers, but the nodes are slower to develop. I have a VERY VERY interesting phenotype that looks to be sativa dominant... the nodes are VERY far apart, the leaves are BY FAR the most thin, spindly, long serrated leaves I have seen and there is a LOT of them on one fan leaf. It is not bushy. It is long stalks with these sative looing leaves and one of the most pungent smells ever. I am anticipating harvesting a few bannanas from this plant if it is a male, and if it is a female I will also take clones. The other northern light ecxhibts somewhat similar look athough much more indica like color, leaves, different smell, reddish stems, and VERy busy with the nodes or "cola" and the "side colas" VERY protruding however the preflowers are TINY bumps a this point and it is too early to tell.

I am sooo happy with the easyriders that in the beginning getting three feminized for free was just an aded bonus I have tobe honest I was not into the idea of autoflowering because it seems like they are less potent and not as well bred but I have had a different change of heart.. theser plants are by far the easiest and I think ANYONE with half a brain coulnt screw them up.. one has the ruderalis phenotype, the "three pronged female" and the bud sites are tripled instead of two there is three so where there would be 4 there is 6 instead, the cola is MASSIVE and this is only two weeks into it flowering.

The other one demonstrates a hybrid phenotype, with very very impressive budsites and groth and density for a automatic and I am very very impressed. I can tell the buds will be very thick. I am leaving right now but when the lights go back on ( 6 hours from now they just went off changed to 18/6 seems to be doing LOT better.

Also the pineapple kush I planted a week later than the rest was topped and already has gtot over the stunt and continued to grow, and the blueberry is already as big as the topped blueberry. I have learnedthe most important lesson so far is that it is best no matter HOW EXCITEDS you are to feed them your new nutres n stuff, to leave em alone until at least the first transplat into a big pot and THEN a week or two ;later after regular water because of the rich soil, THEN use it. I have seen such a difference in health, growth, NO BURN from light, that I am almost embarrassed I soblondly listened to a COMMERCIAL grower about 24 on. I am not for commercial. I am doing this SPECIFICALLY because I do NOT ENJOY meeting strangers, not knowing how my herb was grown, the strain, and never knowing if the next bag is shit or not and where its coming. I am too old to have to deal with this and I have a love for all growing life. Also I think being a female not able to have kids this gives me something to do that feels like I am contributing to the propagation of life, no matter what type as stupid s that sounds.. pics otw!