Irish Boy's 2011 Spectra Led Grow (Revenge Of Casey Jones)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by irishboy, Mar 19, 2011.

1. #1 irishboy, Mar 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2011
    hey guy's and gals by now most of you know me, but if not i am Irish Boy

i am a Medical Card Holder, with a prescription from a doctor to grow cannabis for my Medical Conditions.

for the last 3 grows ive been using Welcome to Grow LED Hydro - LED Grow Lights - Hydroponics - Plant Lighting lights. On both of those grow's they have treated really good. (check my sig to see my other led journals.)

well guys and gals i am back at it again! This time i have some new grow toys. heres a little info about this new grow.

STRAIN: Casey Jones

LIGHTS: Two 500w lights from Welcome to Grow LED Hydro - LED Grow Lights - Hydroponics - Plant Lighting

MEDIUM: Roots Organic Soil

POT SIZE: 5gal Lowes buckets

# OF PLANTS: 6

FANS: S&P 6" Vent fans

Nutrients: As i see fit? Dyna-Gro and Organics mixed.

if someone is looking for one of these lights, i made a deal with the owner for my thread supporters to get a discount, just tell him you follow Irish boys threads and heard about a discount offer.

I grew some Casey Jones on a past grow and they ended up dieing on me and had to cut them 5 weeks into bloom, so this the (Revenge Of Casey Jones).

i started these clones off under the 1st gen 2011 GLH spectra 240w lights and will keep them under these lights until their big enough to throw them under this insanely bright (2011) Spectra 500w light witch i have two of them.lol. this thing is a beast!!

heres is some pics of my baby girls i raised.

Attached Files:

2. Heres the New 2011 Spectra 500w.. they are insanely bright, i couldn't even come close to looking into them, i had to walk backwards to turn it off. the in crazy crazy bright, my friend almost fell to the ground because it caught him off guard. when its hanging in the room its not so bad as long as ur above the light but for these pics it was insane bright!! please please wear sunglasses with these lights.

heres some side x side pics next to my old 360w light. the 500w is on the left and the 360w is on the right. the pics dont even do it justice. my 4x4 tray is lite up crazy now. this is going to be very nice.

Attached Files:

3. #3 barfdog17, Mar 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2011
    this is the exact model i'm looking at for my next setup, just followed your last grow on thcF

just started flower week 7 for my first grow, 400hps is ehh, i want moar watts

ultimately i want 3 of these and 2 1000's in xxxl's with dual arcs, i have a while to save

the sheer concept of not really paying for bud outside of utilities and startup costs is amazing to me and my bank account

4. looking good, im pulling up a chair!:smoke:

5. ya thats what i am talking about bro, GO BIG!!lol.. i am going to nuke these girls with the two 500's over a 4x4 tray.lol. cant wait

pull up a chair my friend. thanks for joining.

6. I am definately pulling up my chair and sparking up a j, and passing it on to you :smoke:

good luck!

very interested to see how these two badboys do

7. hell ya man, some good shit:smoking:

8. Especially with hydro-grow-led banned and not fucking your thread up again ;):smoke:

9. Amen to that. she still comes on as different names trying to bash me but always get put into his/her place by other growers. i have too much proof to back up my stuff. ;)

10. anyone use Dyna-gro nutes?

11. subscribed much love and respect to you Irish love your grows man

12. what up bro!

welcome pull up a chair and hit this shit!:bongin:

13. VERY interested in seeing the progress of this thread. While I'm already here, may I ask. Friends of mine plan on growing out as many clones as they can, but will be using 3, 400W HPS lights. Would using an equal wattage of these LED's (probably several smaller ones?) give us more clones/faster veg growth?

14. #14 irishboy, Mar 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2011
    not sure about faster but more compact and less stretchier and closer nodes and more nodes then HPS. CFL's will be better then HPS. leds are more of a all around light for veg and flower in one unit. if its just for clones i would go with CFL's their cheaper.

15. Subscribed. Love your LED grows bro!! I have learned alot form your experiences!!

16. pull up a chair brother and lets see how this one turns out? thanks for joining

17. heres a update on the little girls, their showing their 80% sativa and growing fast. Seems these girls want more food then whats in the soil, feed them last night with some silica and dyna-gro. not sure if these girls are making them eat more, but new growth is starting to get a little yellow? most people say not to seed for a few weeks with the roots soil and this is only my 2nd watering.lol

Attached Files:

18. That's some impressive growth rate hopefully it will show in the yields!

19. Heres some info the owner of GLH posted on one of my journals and thought maybe some of you would like to see this? hope this could be some help on some of your questions?

20. have you heard anything about the 357 magnum led light? i wanted to order one but wanted more feedback on it. What lights and strains yielded the most for you?