CFL mini cab grow - autoflowers - pineapple chunk / lowryder 2

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by rickylahey, Feb 5, 2011.

1. This is only my second CFL and mini cab grow. First grow out of this system were some bagseeds as a test run, worked pretty well.

First autoflower grow as well.

1x pineapple chunk auto
    1x lowryder #2 auto

Soil base, light perlite mix. Potted into half gallon containers with no intentions to transplant - i hear it's bad for autos.

Expected grow time:
    Veg - 4 to 5 weeks
    Flower - 10 to 12 weeks - adding a few weeks to website predictions due to CFLs

Lighting:
    up to 6, 20w - 75w - 2700k bulbs, running 2 for germination

Temp:
    75 degrees

Pics:
    Pineapple Chunk
    [​IMG]

Lowryder
    [​IMG]

+ 6 hours
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. hey man, ill pull u a chair, im growing 3 autos and a bagseed right now, def wanna see how this turns out for ya. are you intentionally not using full spectrum? whered you get yer seeds?

3. yea, no full spectrum, i hear that with CFLs that you really don't need the full spectrum for veg, you can jusst use soft white 2700k bulbs

i have a huge daylight full spectrum, might throw it in, but these guys seem to like the 2700 soft white.

day 3
    pineapple
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

lowryder
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. right on man, just wondering, things are looking good! they seem way taller then my autos at that age

5. hey, i used "seed starting miracle grow"(0.0-0.01-0.00) for seedlings, then transplant into half and half of the "seed starting" and "miracle grow moisture control"(0.18-0.10-0.10).
    i know everyone hates mg soil but its really the only thing you can get in the middle of the winter up north lol

6. #7 rickylahey, Feb 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2011
    eh, i've used MG soil before and it turned out ok. i had some left over organic soil i picked up over the summer.

7. ya i figure as long as you keep track of your ph and nute intake its not the end of the world. do you add any extra nutrients or just pure organic?

8. nah, organic soil for the first 30 days, when i switch over to flowering cycle i'll start adding blooming nutes

BioBizz Bio-Bloom

9. day 5

1st pic - pineapple chunk
    2nd pic - lowryder

Attached Files:

10. Hey man, thanks for the help over on my thread.

Don't they look so innocent and sweet when they're young?

11. no problem, glad to help, i was in your boat last year.

they sure are cute, hope they are girls!

12. #13 rickylahey, Feb 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2011
    day 7

lighting switched from 24/0 to 18/6

added one 125w 6500 CFL

ph - 6.9

Pic 1 - Pineapple chunk
    Pic 2 - Lowryder

Attached Files:

13. Looking good man. Coming along nicely. subbed

14. #15 rickylahey, Feb 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2011
    thank you sir!

Day 9

ph 6.9

Watering with a 6.3 ph using lemon juice to lower tap from 7.6. Next watering tomorrow, adjusting ph of water to 6.0

Temp 78.6

Pic 1 - Pineapple Chunk
    Pic 2 - Lowryder

Attached Files:

15. The stems look kinda skinny to me, so i added another 120 pc fan. I mounted this on as a "floater" so it can be moved up and down inside the cab depending on plant height.

Had to rig it up with some nylon string and a few screw in eyelets. The fan was too unstable with just the upper and lower string mounts, so i filled an old stash jar with some pennies, put a small piece of duck tape on the bottom, and stuck it to the top of the fan as a counterweight.

Attached Files:

16. What are you using for the lining of the cabinet?

17. i believe it's a type of attic inslulation. A kind of reflective bubble wrap.

i got it at a home depot, 17.00 bucks for a pretty big roll.

18. sweet setup, I am personally thinking about something similar but with hydroponics instead. Big up man!

19. Thanks. I have a tub set up for it too, you just remove the floor slats and the tub drops in.