*A Chrystal Tent* pt.3

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by gsxrkid750, Jan 25, 2011.

1. #1 gsxrkid750, Jan 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2011
    Wassup GC...This is the grow I have wanted to do for a little over a year now:rolleyes:. Got my bigger tent, bigger HPS to create a mini meadow of buds:cool:.

All Fem
    4 White Skunk(Trainwreck x Shiva) Seedism
    2 Chrystal(White Widow x Northern Lights) Nirvana

Epsoma Organic soil with Mycotone
    Extra perlite
    Fox Farm trio of nutes
    Snow Storm Ultra
    Superthrive
    pH + & -

CFLs for Veg, for now until I get a MH conversion bulb
    HTG 400w HPS
    HTG tent 3'x2.5'x5.25'

I got some free Special Queen seeds from Sensible with my order but Im not too interested in that right now. All of the WS seeds cracked and the 2 Chrystal seeds popped after these pics were taken today. They will be going under ground tomorrow night. I don't have a MH conversion bulb yet so they will be under CFLs which are more than able to get the job done for now. Unfortunately this time of year I can't find Coast of Maine Bar Harbour soil, which I mixed with the Epsoma in the past with great results. Oh well, I plan on knocking it out of the park this time around ;).....we'll see. More pics and updates once these ladies break ground. Till next time :bongin:

Attached Files:

2. I love the new setup and the new strains. Ive grown half of both your strains lol, I love white widdow, and Im growing trainwreck right now. I just tried the superthrive for the first time about a week ago and it reduces my normal transplant shock to almost zero!!! And you are correct, you really don't need the power of the mh till they get growin for a lil. I hate the part of waiting during my grows, it seems like it take sooo long to get from bean to the 12/12 time frame:devious:. Thanks for the heads up on the 12/12 time frame on my thread I think it is going to be that time this week. Good luck I will be stopping in often :wave:.
    -Bug

3. A third time?!? Lol, Subbed. So you pretty much got the Chrystal dialed in now?

4. Not quite dialled in.....yet. This will be a Chrystal, White Skunk tent :)
    Thanks for stopping in. Stay tuned.

5. Put the seedlings under ground tonight. Time to get busy ladies :devious:. Till next time :bongin:

Attached Files:

6. I hear you man getting to 12/12 can be a slight drag unless your plants are kicking ass in veg. Gives you something to look forward to. I really hate waiting for seedlings to break ground:eek:. Holding my breath. I have to go away for work tomorrow until Friday so I'm nervous. Showed my wife how to go in the tent and water the cups. I hope to see some little babies when I get back:rolleyes:. Thanks for stopping in Bug.

7. good to see youve got something going :) ill definitely be stopping in to check it out!

8. All 6 broke ground while I was away :yay:. Wifey did just fine watering them for a day. The 4 in the back are WS and the 2 in front are the Chrystal. The two in front did break ground just a little hard to see at the moment. Till next time :bongin:

Attached Files:

9. Yeah I couldn't wait to start this grow :D! Stay tuned, the fun hasn't started yet.

10. So I had a casulty:mad:. One of the Chrystals just shriveled up and died, runt of the bunch I guess. So 4 White Skunk and 1 Chrystal now, and they look just fine:). Pic of some killa I'm bonging :bongin:

Attached Files:

11. Never seen the Chrystal strain in person. Are they fem seeds or reg?

12. All the seeds are fem. Chrystal is a White Widow re-back crossed with Northern Lights, produces outstanding yields and won the Dutch High Life Cup in 2002. Click on the bottom hyperlink in my sig to see my best Chrystal harvest. Thanks for stopping in PB.

13. Yep, no problem. That does sound good. I have a Shiva SKunk (Northern Lights #5 x Skunk #1) scrogging right now. That NL genetics are so nice.

I found it was a very heavy feeder in veg, and starts to taper off in the first 2 weeks of flowering. Dont know if thats the NL in them or not, but it's something to consider.

14. Day 3

To make my life easier they will all be called day 3 since they all broke ground within 24 hours of each other. They look happy:). That's all for now. :bongin:

Attached Files:

15. plants are looking nice at day 3. Keep it up!
    -Bug

16. Day 4

They look great, nice growth and temps never top 80F:). :bongin:

Attached Files:

17. Day 6

Watered yesterday. Next watering tomorrow will have 1/8 Tsp Superthrive & Growbig because this soil is nute free. It has a nice mix of bacteria from Epsoma but no natural food. They look happy except for one of the WS has some droopy, slightly crispy leaves:confused:. The rest are going strong. The small one in the back and on the side in the pics is the Chrystal. Till next time :bongin:

Attached Files:

18. They look pretty stoked. When they are yung gunz like this how dry do you let them get before you water them? I have only grown from a seed a few times.
    -Bug

19. Thanks man, they are going well:). When they are young and especially in party cups they get watered every other day. However the top layer of soil gets sprayed with water every day while they are in the cups. The cups can't hold too much moisture so if the soil dries out too much the seedling could literally fall over out of the soil. It is important for the soil to have cycles of wet>dry>wet>dry.

20. I know when they are that small you pretty much have to keep them wet quite often until they establish a good root system. And it seems that your plants are growing quite swiftly even though they are smaller.
    -Bug