Auto Flower grow from start to finish.With seed production.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by maulcoy, Jan 13, 2011.

1. #1 maulcoy, Jan 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2011
    Planted on 1/6 germinated on 1/10.Planted 6 Short Stuff mix seeds, one not up, 1 speed devil #2 fem. 1 fastbud fem. not up.So 6 of 8 up.Not giving up on the fastbud got it in a hyper germination chamber.

Attached Files:

2. Gl on your autos

3. #3 maulcoy, Jan 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2011
  4. If you alter your pics slightly in picture manager you can repost them...otherwise copy and paste on this thread. Ill take a look;)

5. Wow dude...never new autos would get that bushy. Is that all you grow? They look great. I havnt had luck with autos I have tried. I have 60 day wonder beens and germed 2, then killed both,:eek: dont know why:confused:...think it was a combination of things:(. What is your average yield if I may ask?

6. #6 maulcoy, Jan 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2011
    An ounce per plant.I have been growing autos for 2 years.I got some clones started from a smile mother and a green poison mother both are photo sensitive strains.I used to be into clones but I love autos for summer.I get multi mini crops, 1st one's done in late June- early July and get more every week till Nov.

I rotfl when growers around here tell me you can't harvest good bud till Nov.People get set in their ways and wont believe anything new is a possibility. I got fresh green bud for the 4th of July while they wait for their 10' tall plants to be the only green spot in the brush in Oct. Nov. and easily spotted from the air.

These plants are 60 days old from germination.They are done in 8-10 weeks from seed.I use to force normal clones to finish by July for the same reason I use autos now outdoors, but this is much simpler and more productive.Plus the plants are at tops 3' tall when done.Find that with a helicopter in July.Outdoors yield is nearly double also.

7. I didnt know you could clone autos:confused:

8. The clones I mentioned are not auto strains. You are correct, you don't want to clone an auto and it's a waste of time IMO. but it can be done very early in the cycle.Yield will be small to say the least on an auto clone.

9. Nice autoflowers. Never thought they really got that big. Looks good for outdoors.

10. #10 maulcoy, Jan 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2011
    Going to cover the clones in this thread too they will be a few weeks behind the autos and I will scrog them on one side of the cabinet.Pics. in a few hours.

Attached Files:

11. The seeds and clones are in small 2oz. dixie cups.The seeds were started in pro-mix the clones are in a 50/50 of pro-mix and aquarium gravel.You may wonder how I'm going to flower clones in a grow box next to autos.

My box is designed to be super adaptable.It can be made split level with 3 levels for when I want 100s of seedlings and clones for a summer outdoors crop.It can be divided in half for a mother room and flower room.It can be divided into thirds the same way horizontally or vertically.It can be one box with no shelf's at all for a max yield at one time.

It has 3 sources of Co2.Generated from a tank top burner, Bottled, and organic via. yeast and sugar.All are used in different ways for different reasons.

I will use 4 23W cfls over the clones and the 150hps over the autos the partition will be removed when the clones are in the day cycle allowing each to receive supplemental light form the other side.

12. Glad your room is very adaptable but is it really nessisary to have all those sources of co2. A burner with something venting the air I would think would be plenty and could be to much alone if sealed properly.

13. Goodluck with your grow, im doing auto Easyryders now in a tent about a month left. Cool to hear your using co2, ive heard good things but havent used it myself yet :wave:

14. #14 maulcoy, Jan 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2011

the grow box is in my computer room.A very cold room coldest in the house.The burner is only used when I'm in there for heat for me and to prime the room.I open the cabinet and fan the heat/co2 from the burner through the open door.

When the grow box reaches 95 degrees my computer room is at 75.I turn off the burner and close the cabinet.the yeast co2 runs nonstop and is supplemental.The grow box takes 3-4 hours to drop below 80 and stabilizes no mater the room temp at 72- 78 from the lights heat.

I empty a bottle of co2 in the room by hand from a 20oz paint ball can from time to time if I'm not using the burner.I have an 80lb co2 tank I fill the paint ball canister myself.My levels reach 1800ppms at peak and average 1200 over this 4 hr period and drop to 700 at lowest in any given time with the thee methods.I'm with my babies 10 -12 hrs a day in there so no reason for a regulator.

15. Ah makes a lot of sense. Lot of work though also but if you enjoy it and have the time who cares. When you add some more watts from cfls next time you may not need to raise the temps as much though unless you vent that 150 hps already.

16. #16 maulcoy, Jan 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2011
    It's adaptable in the venting too. Can be a closed system, a single fan vent out system or a fan in fan out system.It's not much at all Why use a 600/1200w space heater adding to electric costs when I can crack a propane heater for 20mins, and have heat and co2.

The yeast is no work at all.The co2 tank is in the basement where I keep my cats so I fill the 20oz tank when I check on em and dump it in the cabinet when I want to close it up for several hours.That's why I like autos I can do what I want when I want and not worry about light schedule or light leaks.They finish budding no matter what in 75 days from seed.24/0 light or 12/12.

17. Almost ready to chop!!!My seed crop!!!

Attached Files:

18. Cant wait to see harvest:smoke:

19. Wow how many seeds do you expect to get? Looks like you will get plenty enough not just for this year outdoor. Are they femmed?

20. The little plant in the front is the one I showed you a month back and told you it was my favorite.
    It's totally pollinated so 200 seeds or so from it.The other two selectively pollinated 10 or 20 seeds each the rest sensi.Natural no feminized seeds this year.