AeroGarden bagseed Now with scrog input please!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by cuts47, Jan 9, 2011.

1. #1 cuts47, Jan 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2011
    1 month 3 days from seed in the aerogarden. I also have 4 27watt cfl's. and a 3inch airstone. any tips does it look ok?

about 8 inches tall right now. I want to do scrog but im not sure when to put up the screen.

the smaller one is the same plant on day 17 from seed.

Attached Files:

2. come on blades. any input would be great.

3. Hi, I'll put in my 2c. They look good so far but I would have topped them a while back.
    They would have bushed out nicely buy now, Still time to top.

4. i agree with VTX1800

5. #6 cuts47, Jan 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2011
    i did not want to stress it too much. so you think i should top and then scrog now? i thought i read somewhere that it can stress it and make it turn male? is there any truth to that?

6. All things being considered, topping will not stress a plant and make it a male. If a plant is VERY stressed it could become a hermaphrodite but not very often.

7. If you are gonna scrog id say nay on the topping. Idea behind topping is to allow lower branches to get into good light and develop. That's gonna happen eventually in scrog anyway. Your just giving up the tip which will contribute to filling the screen too.

8. conflicting reports. i do plan to scrog, im aslo wondering when to introduce the screen.
    I have topped 1 of 4 gonna see how it reacts the next few days. It was the tallest of the 4.

So when do you guys think i should start the screen?

9. Screen should be set at a comfy height for working beneath. My first is at ten or so. Wish I had twelve.

10. put the screen up today.

Attached Files:

11. any imput on my scrog?

12. I know nothing of a scrog but the plants look good for now. I would recomend getting about 10 more of those lights or however many you can find. The more light you have the bigger thicker heavier buds you will get. Its directly related. I got a ton cuz I had over 1000watts on three plants. Averaged about 6-7 ounces per plant with a straight grow. My theroy is grow them big and give them lots of light. Of course nutes and all that. But big with alot of light is where your weight will come from.

13. I am pulling up a chair and a bong :bongin:

14. lol thanks guys. yea i plan on getting more lights soon. would i have to switch completely to soft white for flower? or can i go with a mix of both?
    i plan to get about 15 total 27 watt cfl's. thats about 405 watts. I have 4 plants as of now might thin out when i can determine sex. is that not enough light? how much can i expect to yield with that much light?

15. I completely agree with ya there ;)

It's not just how much light/watts but how many lumens that watt puts out
    A roughly 10" long 1000 watt HPS bulb puts out about 140,000 lumens while a 24" T-5 flouro gives like 1800 lumens
    I think a 400 watt HPS is like 30,000 lumens?

The less lumens the less distance the light will travel

For about $120 dollars you can get a 400 watt MH/HPS switchable and get much better results than with the cfl's.
    I don't know what CFL's go for off hand... but lets say $3...
    That's $45 plus tax, you still need 15 lamp sockets, $30.... misc wiring & supplies... labor

You might save $30, but it will be about half the light out put

Just thought I would mention that before you go spending your money;)

16. you make a good point smokin, but my issue is space. i have the lights im using right up on the plants not touching but about a half inch away.

the cfls i have are 27 watt= 100 wat equvalent. they put out 1750 lumens a piece.

I have 6 so far plus 1 42 watt softwhite clf that puts off 2700 lumens.

Kinda limited space i have about a 3ft wide square space. with about 5 ft height.

17. Actually I agree, I dont dig the cfl's all that much although they will work. Go 600w hps+ for the nice bud's.:cool:

18. Dont know anything about it but the one I bought was $30 more and its 600w. Its a digital greenhouse from HTG Supply. I think it was $250.
    EDIT: Get the Hortilux bulb. Well worth it.