1000wt tent grow with autoflowering easyryders !

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by getnit, Dec 7, 2010.

1. #1 getnit, Dec 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2010
    Hello everyone, been a member for a lil bit but mainly jus read the forums rather then post. This time Im doin my first indoor tent grow that Id like to share with you as it progresses!

Stuff im using.

4' x 4'x 6' Tent
    1000 wt HPS bulb.
    Have 6" inline fan sucking hot air out into attic
    6" ducting running from ac into bottom of tent.
    Foxfarm ocean mix soil mixed with extra pearlite

I ordered 20 feminized easyryder seeds offline. Started them off by soaking overnite in cup of spring water most sank within hours or by morning :) next day They were transplanted into beerpong sized cups with your basic seed starting soil. Within 3 days all had reached surface. I also should mention I had them under a 400 watt light before the 1000wt jus to get them going.
    the only suppliment or whatever Ive used so far has been a sample of Great White shark premium mycorrhizae.. suppose to help stimulate root growth! used 2 times so far. Any input would be greatly appreciated as Im sure ill have questions as time goes by!

11-22-10 Soaked 20 seedlings overnite in spring water
    11-23-10 Lost one 19 seeds planted into seedling starting soil
    11-25-10 9 of the seedlings break surface
    11-30-10 Labeled all 19 plants and began transplant into 3 gal pots
    12-02-10 Switched to 1000 watt light cat chewed one plant lol
    12-06-10 PLants on 3rd set of leaves watered room temps avg 72-78F
    12-07-10 Photos Taken shown below!!!!

* I will have some pictures and journal info up shortly as im not writing this from home!! thank you

Attached Files:

2. Bump! Pictures added.. girls are looking good so far!!

3. auto are great but some grow quite small. my 1st was fastbud by sweetseeds and grew over 2 ft 1 yielded oz and half,my last 1 tho a fruit automatic grew just 11" and yielded 12.5 grams!!!! i will be keeping an eye on these as they are going to be in my next grow with some new cyclops by the 7dwarfs seedbank:smoke:

4. New photos taken 12-09-10 , I swear these things grow and change by the hour!

Attached Files:

5. Definitely going to be following this.. I was wondering when someone was going to grow a large amount of auto's! :hello:

6. Sick plants man! Your lighting is excellent!

I was wondering how autos work? I had a bag seed start flowering on me while vegging at 19/5.

Does that sound like an auto?

Once the auto starts flowering do you need to switch the light cycle to 12/12 or can I keep it on 19/5? My other plants are still vegging away as normal, and I don't want to mess with them.

7. No most people run auto's either 18/6 or 20/4. Did your other plants vegging come from the same bag? If not then the auto can be on any light schedule and you would have to change it to 12/12 to get the rest flowering

8. Nope the others are from different bags, and will be in for a good long Veg while the auto does its thing I guess.

Thanks for the tip bra!

9. Hey 'FlightSchool' I appreciate the help in awnsering the questions as I'm still new to this and all input I welcome! Burnin the next paper plane for you buddy! haha . Anyways yes my plants have been on timer for 20/4 on/off since germination. Temps dont exceed 78 and are generally in that range all day..

Here are some new photos taken 12-11-10 * Not bad I dont think for 19 days into soil! *

Attached Files:

10. llokin good bro

11. Looking good bro, Probably gunna start flowering in a week or so. Thats when they will really explode.

12. Ok here is a photo from 12-12-10 tonite. Everything is lookin good and healthy in my eyes but I did notice a few of the plants like 1 or 2 leaves turnin yellow , I dunno if its from me not watering enough as the soil is dry to touch or what? I have not added any fertilizers or anything they have been jus given filtered water and rooted in foxfarm ocean mix. Any input? thanks

Attached Files:

13. Are you filtering your water threw an RO system?

14. To be honest Im using a brita water pitcher and jus pouring after its filtered threw.. Im pretty sure our citys water is treated aswell. Is that not good enough should I be using some sort of ph balancer or what do you suggest? thanks for input much appreciated!!

15. I would definitely suggest that you get some sort of pH pen meter that you can use to balance the water you use to feed them. pH seems to be one of the biggest things that can cause your grow to go south...

I love the auto's and will be watching this because after my current grow is done i'm doing a similar 4x4 tent with 8 autos next. everything looks great so far!!

sub'd :smoke::smoke:

-DD

16. Nice gro so far dude. just stop thru to check u out. we have similar grows check out my journal in my signature. keep up the good work

17. Photos taken tonite 12-17-10 . They are still branchin out and growing doesnt even seem like there beginnin to flower yet.! All are lookin healthy, in the coming weeks im thinking of some sort of nutrients or additivies I could use. Im not trying to go crazy Id like to keep it as natural as possible any suggestions? :wave:

Attached Files:

18. Molasses. It has Calcium/Magnesium/iron/carbs(complex sugars) and many other beneficial mocroorganisms and minerals. It is cheap and for soil especially perfect! Buy only the organic blackstrap molasses and dilute in warm water before mixing with your nutes @ 1 -2 tsp per gallon. i use 1/2 tsp per gallon in hydro dwc from 2 week of lowering to 6th week. It is cheap, all natural and works better than most hydro store expensive crap, most of which is derived from molasses anyways!

19. oh and they look great. let em finish their stretch, you will only increase yield!! imho