2ND Grow/ 600W Kushberry (O.G kush x Blueberry)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Shambles, Dec 3, 2010.

1. Okay so im finally growing once again after a year break. My last grow wasnt the best, link in my signiture.
    But this time im actually taking my time with things and setting up my box nice.
    Thought i would start this now because i am just finishing uo my grow box and will be germinating soon.

So here we go.

Details.

6 Kushberry Feminized seeds from DNA genetics, All going to be planted at the same time. What i feel is the healthiest plant out of all of them i will take clones from and create a mother plant to take clones from with my aeroponic cloner

600W Hortilux HPS
    600W MH
    600W interchangable ballast
    Plenty of nutrients!! haha
    Carbon filter, Fans, Timers Etc.

(Will be adding more as i complete this)

Step 1 - Setting up the frame for the grow box. (In pictures attachments)

Step 2 - Setting up the pulleys for the light

Step 3 - Wrapping mylar around the box

Step 4 - Finishing up

Step 5 - (uncomplete) - Germinting the seeds while completley finishing the grow box (ventilation)

Attached Files:

2. nice box you got there i am sure your plants will love you for it

3. Update : Layed the floor down, finished taping and ran the power with timers and even ran my intake fan.

with my lights on and my one intake fan on it is running at 76 for the heat so i think thats pretty good.

Hopefully if all goes planned i will be germinating on sunday. :hello::hello:

Attached Files:

4. #4 Shambles, Dec 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2010
    Well, after tweaking my exhaust setup witht that loud as fuck fan, decided to run the intake fan on the inside of the tent.
    Everything is ready to go, i did a heat test with my metal halide for an hour, with the thermo sitting on the wall at light level, my temps are between 75-80 but if i move the thermo a fooot under the light it reads up to 90 :eek: im just wondering if this is going to be too hot while my plants are growing.? or should it be fine seeing as if my thermo is on the wall it reads no more than 80, only under the direct heat of the liight. IF anybody has any ideas to what to do with my exhaust or to resolve my heat issue that would be awesome.

Germinating tomorrow. getting close.. :hello: here are some more pictuers

5. pictuuuress!

Attached Files:

6. Nice setup mate. I'll b looking to see that kushberry

7. Alright so, after some debating i finally decided to tear down my current tent and convigure a new one.
    the mylar i was using isnt light proof, :cry:so it was a no go.
    i decided to go pick up some panda poly, 6 mil thick with 90% refelective white on one side and black to keep the light out on the other side,

set it all up and shes perfect, ready to go, hung my 100W floroesent light under my 6 germed seeds and they all popped up today on december 14th :hello:

Ran my new intake fan, and everything should be ready to go now!!

8. here is some picttures of the exhaust and the new setup.!

Attached Files:

9. I'm In! And so the learning process begins, This is by far the two best overall strains IMO.. I'm pulling for some big harvests but more importantly DANKKK buds man

Best of luck

Nice setup. Very Professional :smoke:

OGK

10. Wow looks like a good etup. Hope your grow goes smoothly!

11. thanks man, my plan was to make a decently setup grow box, enough to properly scrog 6 plants.

Hopefully all goes good, will be taking clones from the stongest plant after a couple weeks.:hello::hello:

12. Good to hear, good to hear. I too am leaning towards SCROG training for my first grow... I will be watching all details pretty closely brotha.. the more you want to ramble the better my notes :D:smoke:

I hope you are including a smoke/yield report Mr. Shamalam!! that's my favorite part of these journals by farr :cool:

13. Absolutley i will, the more people subbed the better so we can get alot of advice going in on this thread.

the smoke/yeild report i will always do, check out my last grow in my sig :hello::hello:

14. subbed. gonna be running kushberry in hydro under a 400w hps soon. time to move to nice genetics, should have them in hand today.

hope yours turn out well, im expecting mine to be great. thinking of doing a mother plant and just setting up a perpetual 2 week harvest.

we'll see.

15. things look good in here. i have a few ladies that just sprouted on 12/17 (red dragon & grapegod). check out my journal. We should be harvesting around the same time. I'll check back here for updates.

happy holidays,
    chiddy

16. ^^ checked out your grow man looks great!!
    Are you using net pots by chance?

17. Update later tonight when I'm done work and stop by the hydro store.. Stay tuned!

18. UPDATEEE

one week from sprout tomrrow :hello::hello:

Picked up some goodies, such as an air cooled tube, and a speed fan controller, both for 140.00

Although i am having some issure setting up the light, as you can see in the pictures, the fixture in the cooltube has a male end, but coming off of my ballast it just goes right into my light socket.

im pretty sure all i have to do it cut the end with the light fixture on the end of my ballast, and connect a female plug. then connect the cooltube fixture to that.??

Any help would be awesome.. PICSS!!!

Attached Files:

19. Update!! Ran my new aircooled light :hello::hello: hooray, set the plants up all i have left to do is run the exhaust out of the tent from the other side of the tube, didnt have enough ducting. :(

temps are already stable at 76, which is good but will be even better when i get the hot air right outta there from the other side of the tube.

PICS :wave: