1st grow hydro DWC/ soil

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by zen2092, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Hey all just started my first grow about 3 weeks ago. I've got 7 WW in a DWC and 1 in soil, 3 NL in soil and an AK47 in soil. I'm using a sunblaze 44 with 2 blue and 2 red lights. The DWC is about a 3.5 gallon reservoir botanicare pure blend pro grow and liquid karma at between 800-900 ppm and a steady ph of between 5.6and 6.0. The WW in the hydro is looking great. My one concern is that the plants are so close together when they get bigger will they be competing for light? I'm runnin the light at 18/6 right now and not really sure when to switch over to 12/12...maybe in a week or two? Also unfortunately I did not start all my plants at the same time but most of them are not farther than a week ahead or behind the others. Hopefully this doesn't cause any problems. I haven't flushed my res yet and haven't noticed any problems with that yet but I'm probably going to do that this sat. Anyways any helpful comments or tips would be greatly appreciated since this is my first grow.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. these are about 5 weeks old...how much longer or taller should the plants be before I switch to 12/12?:confused:

Attached Files:

3. So I haven't updated this in quite awhile...but things are going quite well. I had to get rid of a few plants that turned out to be males. Hopefully in the next week or two I will be ready to harvest. The two big plants are a little over 2 months old and looking quite nice.:hello: My next project after this is to clone some of my younger plants... although I am interested in maybe trying to harvest without killing the plant and putting it back in veg to flower it again...we'll see I might try it with one of my plants...

Attached Files:

4. My first two plants are budding quite nicely...still not sure when to harvest them. :confused: The hairs on one of them are all almost brown and the buds are starting to compact so I think it's almost done...it's not growing any bigger. The other one's buds are still growing :hello: The other 3 still have a way to go but are looking nice..one has very tight bud growth all the way up the stem...waiting is the hardest part:(

Attached Files:

5. looks allright but i would have lowerd the N first sighn of flower slightly raisd the P and about a week ago spiked the P and now spike the K cause K is wat fatens op your nug and the leaf tips curling up is a sighn of you need more calcium last two weeks flush only water you now it done shortly after now when like you said the hais/pistols are turning sighns though what tells you is the critals thay start swelling up and then they turn/color and bulge now your done get your self at least a magnafing glass if not a microscope and observe:smoke:

6. Thanks for the advice...just started secondary budding on my 2nd grow....I've been off the site for awhile but neeed to get back to some reading to make sure this grow comes out even better!