Multiple Strain Scrog Closet Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by High as Space, Oct 21, 2010.

1. #1 High as Space, Oct 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2010
    This will be my first real grow since my first outdoor ones got ripped right before harvest :mad:

Its a 2'7 x 2'7 x 6' tent inside of a closet. Shooting for a 3 plant scrog in 5 gal buckets.

Soil: FFOF with added perlite.

Nutes: I still need to go get veg nutes, i only have tiger bloom right now. I think i will be using the FF trio. OR does anybody have any other nute brand suggestions? My hydro store carries just about everything

Lighting: 400w MH for vegging and a HPS for flowering (hydrofarm's digital sunburst) i may also be looking into some CFL's for extra light

Ventilation: Fans blowing through vents, inline fan + carbon filter. Currently looking for some mini fans for inside to move air + lower temps... so far everywhere i check fans are seasonal and sold out.

Seeds:

AK-47
    Genetics : Colombia x Mexico x Thailand x Afghanistan
    Flowering Time : 9 weeks
    THC Level : Very High

Super Lemon Haze
    Genetics : Lemon Skunk x Super Silver Haze
    Flowering Time : 9-10 weeks
    THC Level : 22.9%

Cataract Kush
    Genetics : LA Confidential x OG Kush
    Flowering Time : 8-9 weeks

anyone grown these strains before? anything i should specifically do like adding things to flavor the SLH etc?

UPDATES:

Day 1
    1 week after germ
    1 week after lights

10 Days Old
    11 Days Old

2. #2 High as Space, Oct 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2010
    Day 1

The one in the front right is the Cataract Kush, and SLH is in the back
    I think theyre lookin pretty good after just 1 day
    [​IMG]

3. Its been 1 week since germ now

AK47

[​IMG]
    SLH
    [​IMG]
    CATARACT KUSH
    [​IMG]

ALL 3

[​IMG]

4. nice selection of strains...and a good looking set up...i am sure you will have some good times to come this year

5. #5 High as Space, Oct 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2010
    What light schedule do you guys think i should use? and what about nutes, should i use the ff line or should i go with some AN products or what? :confused:
    the temps have been getting into the 90's after the light has been on for awhile.
    i need to get some small fans to put in there.. gonna go to find them thursday, any store recommendations?
    if the fans dont lower the temps ill get the cooling kit for the light

Does anyone have any experience with these strains? Whats a good thing to add to get a better taste in the SLH?

When should i fim these? Height isnt really an issue at 6' so i was gonna probably put the screen about 1 1/2 ft or so above the plants. i wanna get a high yeild.

Right now im on the 4th set of leaves... should i fim these leaves or the next set?

Heres are what they look like today, a week since the light has been on.

Cataract Kush
    [​IMG]

Super Lemon Haze
    [​IMG]

AK47 (you can see how droopy the cataract is here)
    [​IMG]

6. Hey man, your plants are lookin great. They were stretchin like mad at first, but I'm really suprised to see how nice they look now. I'll watch this grow for sure. :hello:

Anyways... I came here from that other thread, where you asked how many times you would want to top or fim for a SCROG grow. I will post my response here to not jack the other thread and have the info in your journal. I would do some math and see what you can do with the space you have there. I think with 961 sq inches of space, (That's all the math I can do for you at this moment... :smoke: But you could use this to find the best spot to put each plant in) you can fit three nice scrog setups in your box. It is going to take some reading though. I suggest looking at a lot of journals and really see how it all works, the hard work is just figuring out the best way to do things for your setup. Asfor the topping and fimming goes you should veg the plants out for about a month... maybe a little more, topping or fimming almost every branch untill about 10 days before you begin flowering. Let the branches grow out a little more, switch to flowering light schedule, and put them all under the same screen. You'll get a ton of shoots, and great yield. Good luck man.

7. Thanks for being the first person to say theyll watch :eek:

Ill top a couple times, is there a rule on recovery time after toping?
    i need to get the screen up and once thats done make it much easier on what i need to do for vegging, cause the screen is the main source of training.
    The stretching that you said about scares me a little, my light is about 1 1/2 ft above the plants and temps with the light on are in the 90's :eek:
    Ive been looking everywhere for a fan to keep the temps down but it appears they are only a seasonal item. they make a cooling kit for my light but i dont want to buy that cause i will need a fan anyway.

8. When you top a plant at a branch that is nice and high, everything below that starts to grow out more for the next couple days before the plant will produce 2 stems where you topped it. Before you put that screen up, you can still train it a lot with some hangers or fish line, just to open up light to some branches below so that they can grow tall enough to hit your screen and produce some nice buds.

For your fan isssue, you should work on that, fans are a pretty good thing to have in a spot like this, and it sounds like if it's 90 degrees with out a fan, than you might just be able to make it a perfect 83-85 when all is set up.

You want that stem to be dealing with some stress so it bulks up. I would get to installing a fan soon.

See yah.

9. Hi, High! Looks like your going to have some sweet grow , especially once you get a strong inline fan to pull the heat out of the top of your tent!! And Budzooka, your very good advise is making me think I need to try a scrog!! I'll be watching!!

10. HTML:

Yeah man, go for it. The technique does wonders to plants. :)

11. #11 High as Space, Oct 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2010
    ive got an inline fan and a carbon filter, the fan is outside pulling air out through the filter. the filter is mounted to the top a couple feet above the light. do you guys think if i put the filter right above the light it will pull alot of the heat out?
    i need to find some small fans for in there, but i cant! i tried like 5 stores so far. gotta keep looking..
    any estimations on yeild?

12. UPDATE:

Today they are all about to get 4 sets of leaves, but the Cataract and SLH are looking pretty droopy and sad looking :(
    Its been 3 days since i watered them and i think i watered them too much or heat is a problem. The AK47 seems to be taking it the best.

Right now the humidity is about 28% and the temps are 82-86 deg.

Cataract Kush

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Super Lemon Haze

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

AK47

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. If you haven't watered in over 3 days and it looks droopy I don't think that's an over watering problem. I would water them, that's what plants do when they are thirsty...

I don't know though, could also be a heat problem.

14. well the soil is still a little damp bout a 1/2 in. down so incase its overwatering im gonna let it go and i right now and untill i can find a fan i have a huge fan pointed at the door with the door open. temps are <85 deg.

15. #15 High as Space, Oct 31, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2010
    Day 11 now

Leaves are Starting to yellow on the tips, is this a mag. def? :confused:
    The temps are still a little high (high 80's)
    watered today and i havent added any nutes yet.

AK47​

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cataract Kush​

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Super Lemon Haze​

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. my 2 plant ak 47 scrog....yeilded 9.5 zips cured...think 18 inch is too much space..you want to fill the screen fast.......i go 12 to 14 inch...good luck:smoke:

[​IMG]

17. you talkin bout how high above the plants the screen is?

18. yeah..above the rim of the pot..just started my second scrog..its lookin good..will post up pics on my thread today:smoke:

19. #19 High as Space, Nov 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2010
    is that CFL deacon? ... would a higher screen mean a heigher yeild? height isnt an issue at 6'
    Should i FIM the 5th set of leaves? thats what i was planning on doing. and how long should i wait untill i do it again?
    What light schedule do you guys think i should use?
    Does anyone have any experience with these strains? Whats a good thing to add to get a better taste in the SLH or the others??
    oh, and what do you think is causing the yellowing in my leaves?????

20. on mine..i vegged plant 8 week...topped.....topped those two...i dont fim worth shit...did you know that fim stands for...fuck..i missed:Dtrue dat....then i lsted em..keepin them low....they showed sign during veg so i kicked to 12 12 and started fillin' the screen..trimmin or tuckin fan leaves outta the way of emerging bud sites..filled it about 80%...then let them biatches rip..and they did..this time..mandala hashberry..three plants topped once each..vegged 30 day..added plant insted of extra 30 day veg;).been under screen 4 day...alreadt 30 plus bud sites:p..the thing about scrog is that it lets you have an even canopy of buds at the same height in the max growth footprint of lights..weed has a chemical that it produces which sends the plants growth enegry to the highest plant growth..so if ya let one just grow there will be a main kola and several smaller buds...if all the buds are the same height this fools the plant and all buds get even growth enegry..so you get a shitload of killer midsized buds;)..this is also why growth under the screen is removed so enegry is not waisted on it..pump up the main kolas:hello:..i trimmed 1 time a week..not too much any 1 time to reduce stress....if your runnin' soil you will need to flush..a dip pan is a must with smart pots..when you water them water around stem first..then smaller amount around sides..i usually use 2 steps to ensure even moisture to soil....get goin' on nutes...25% dose..dont think your drainage is for shit...3 day and stiil pretty moist is :confused:whats you medium.....would add perlite no matter what it is...do yourself a favor and before next grow check coco..its the best hands down...imo..here we go..i stepped in it now...watch:cool:..with scrog mold and moisture can be trouble because of density of growth..fan blowin' up through canopy and another on top...water at lights on..will post pics of my scrog 2 so i can blaze a trail for ya..be alittle ahead...check out my what are ya smokin' tonight thread in stash jar forum..good stuff..cool buds..tunes..bong rips of the night..good fun and good people..no argueing or flamin' though..whould love ta have ya stop by...post any pics ya want..postany questions ya got there or pm me..its free flow and mellow...makin' qwiso:Dpeace deacon:smoke: ps i run t-5 ho for veg and 400hps for flower