Cole Train, Motavation, LSD - CFL & 400w HPS

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by GrowMoe, Jun 29, 2010.

1. #1 GrowMoe, Jun 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2010
    Hey GC!

This is my 400w Tent grow. I've aquired a few new strains and I'm going to dedicate the tent to them. I will post pictures and updates through the grow to show the progress. Please feel free to comment or make suggestions.

I'm doing a grow with some feminized seeds. I have aquired two fem Barney's Farm LSD, one fem Cole Train and one fem Motavation. They have been planted directly in small cups with Canna Terra Pro soil. The cups are in a humiditydome.

They are currently under 3 x 23w CFLs in a closet with a few other plants. They will veg for about 7 weeks, before they'll be put in a tent with a 400w HPS. The schedual is not carved in stone though.

Setup:
    Seeds: (Fem) LSD, Cole Train, Motavation
    Medium: Soil
    Temp: 26-30 C
    RH: 20 %
    Nutes: Canna line: Terra Vega, Terra Flores, Boost, PK 13/14
    Ph: Tap-water: 7,0 Soil: 6-ish
    Pot size: 18-20 L (final pots)
    Grow space: 1x1x2 meter (growtent)

Planted the seeds 2 days ago, and the CT came up yesterday already! Now I have to veg for a long time under "poor" lighting since I don't have any room for them until the sativa is done... That will be like 7 weeks or so... I'll have to have taken clones and they have to be topped before I put them into flowering.

Pics are coming as soon as there is anything to take a pic of...:D

2. Keeping my eye out for that Cole Train.

I seem to remember it being on my short list of seeds to order.

Best of luck sir!!

3. #3 GrowMoe, Jul 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2010
    After 2 days all of them have popped up from the soil. Amazing!

They are all looking good, and I've now moved them into the tent under a 400w HPS and two 23w CFLs. They are in there with my other grow, Big Bud and Purple Palm, so they're in good company :D

I think they'll be better off under the HPS as compared to in a closet with 3 x 23w CFLs. Only thing is that the temps are a bit high and RH is at 30%.

We'll see how it goes...

Here are some pics the day after potting.
    SDC13823.JPG

Attached Files:

4. #4 GrowMoe, Aug 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2010
    Update: In veg under 400w HPS

Sorry for not updating for so long, but I've been on vacation, and when I got home the girls didn't look so good. They had kinda been neglected by the babysitter. He's not to blame though, because I didn't instruct him to feed those little seedlings. Also, they were in those small white plastic cups the whole time, so they were surely rootbound. The LSDs had stretched too. It seems the Coletrain took it the best and the Motavation not too bad either.
    But the two LSDs lost like two sets of botom leaves and were looking awful. I felt bad for torturing them that way, and didn't want to post any thing before the issue was resolved.

Now I've transplanted them into big 25L pots with pre-mixed Canna Terra Professional soil. They started looking better after 3 days, and are still sort of recovering. At least the LSDs. One of the LSDs are looking better than the other. The worse one (LSD#1) has almost a foot from the soil to the first leaves.:mad:
    The Motavation is looking very good and the Coletrain is good too. Motavation is short and indica dominant hybrid it looks, and the Coletrain too, though it is a bit taller. The LSDs are a bit taller than the two others. Here are some pitures taken today:

SDC14400.jpg
    In the back; right: LSD#1 - Left: Coletrain
    In the front; right: LSD#2 - Left: Motavation

They are currently under a 400w HPS and has been for about 12 days. I'm going to count that day as the first day of veg, since that is when they started to get good healthy growth. The previous days is counted as the sprouting period just to keep it simple. The actual day of sprouting was 29.6 and I count the first day of veg from 10.8.

They really got a bad start in life and I beat myself up about it. Luckily I fixed it before it was to late and now they are looking much better. I really hate that the one LSD lost all its lower leaves though. It's like a constant reminder, plus that was a perfect area to take clones from. It was the first leaves on the stem and there were no other growth at the nodes, so now it won't have any lower branches at all...

Anyways, it's really looking good now, so there's no reason to cry over spilled milk. What is done i done, and now all is good:D I have really high hopes for that Motavation.

The plan is to veg them for another two weeks, maybe longer depending on what I choose to do with them. I think I might top them, or maybe supercrop. I don't know yet. I'll think about it, and any suggestions and thoughts are welcome.

I'll update more frequently now everything is up and running as it should. Peace!

Attached Files:

5. #5 GrowMoe, Aug 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2010
    Update: Day 15 of veg - Topping

Two days ago I topped 3 of the girls. LSD #2, Motavation and Coletrain got topped and is now being trained to get four top-colas. LSD #1 did not get topped, beacuse of all the lower leaves and branches are gone, and that would just be a weird looking plant and stress her too much. It's not a foot up to the lowest branch, but it is almost 20 cm. Now I can try to see the difference in the colas at harvest.

Here are some pictures taken just now.
    SDC14440.jpg
    They've not been moved since last time

SDC14443.jpg
    Motavation looking good!:hello: And Coletrain not too bad...

SDC14450.jpg
    These are the two LSDs. The first one is LSD #2 and is the one closest to the opening of the tent. That is also the one that's been topped. The last girl is LSD #1 and is the only one that hasn't been topped. You can see how I trained the top under the leaves so the lower branches can get level. Motavation I did noting with since it' so short and bushy already. No need to.

I think I'll switch to 16/8 today or tomorrow, and soon put it to flower. But it will probably be another 12-16 days. I don't know how fast these will grow now that they got their big pots. On a side note, the Purple Palm clones in the middle there has rooted but they're soooo slow. They won't really start growing 'till I transplant them. But they grow slow anyways. Flower in about 9 weeks though. They will soon be in another tent for themselves.

Only one concern here; this will not be an even canopy at all. Or at least it will be a challenge to get optimal light distrubuition. With the un-topped LSD in one corner and the short Motavation in the other I'll have to propp up the latter. I'm thinking about LSTing the tall one or supercropping. But I think I'll leave it alone. It would make things easier, but it would also stress her alot. I think they've been through enough, with the malnurishment and all. I'll take clones and next run will be from clone.

I'll update in the weekend or after with more pics. Peace!:smoking:

Attached Files:

6. Update: Day 25 of veg - Switching to 12/12

The plants has grown alot since the last photos and I turned the timer down to 12/12 two days ago. I'm not going to start counting as flowering days before I see flowers. I see a few pistils on Motavation, but just enough to tell it's female. The others has just started their growth-spurt. I don't have any batteries for my camera, so I can't get any pics up ATM. I'll try to take some pics turing the weekend.

I have put Motavation on a bucket to elevate it and I've also topped the last LSD a few days ago. Now there's a even canopy. Looking very good. Green and healthy, since they got their good soil and nutes.

7. Still hanging out to watch that Motavation!

8. #8 GrowMoe, Sep 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2010
    Hehe, here are some pics from this weekend.
    SDC14645.jpg

Now these babies are getting BIG. I guess they're 1.60 in height from the floor, but that is minus the pot, which is like 40cm. I'm glad I put them to flower when I did, because it looks like they're going to be the perfect size. When I took these pics I stood as far from the tent as I could get and the zoom was out too, so in other words this is the best pic of all of them I can get...

Coletrain is looking best, and the buds are really getting big fast. The other are also doing great, but that coletrain is simply amazing. I'll try to get some more, better pics.

The positions are the same as before, LSD to the front and back right, Motavation in the front left and Coletrain at the left back.

Attached Files:

9. Today I took some more pics, and I tried to get some close-ups. I know it's not good, but it'll have to do for now.
    SDC14681.jpg
    SDC14687.jpg
    The first two pics are of Coletrain. The next is LSD and the last one is Motavation. I also took some clones and cut away some underbush from all of them. One from LSD #1, two from LSD #2, two more from Motavation and four from Coletrain. I'm hoping all of the Coletrain clones makes it, so I can fill the next tent with Coletrain clones only. It just looks the best, you know..?
    SDC14691.jpg
    Here's the clone-box with leca and all of the 9 clones. It's in a closet in the grow-area with three 23w CFL (6400K). Light schedule is 24/0. In about two weeks I'll start to lower the RH and see if they're rooted. The medium is a mix of soil, vermiculite and perlite.

Attached Files:

10. Very nice update!

11. #11 GrowMoe, Sep 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2010
    Update: 20 days into flowering - 7 days since clones were taken

The clones are doing fine and only two are showing a slight yellowing. None of them seem to be in danger of dying on me. It has been 7 days since I took them. I'll wait for them to perk up a bit before I lower the RH gradually.

The mothers are all doing good too, and Motavation has actually caught up with Coletrain and is now looking better than any of the others. It grows small and bushy with fat buds (well I can't tell how big they're really going to get obviously). The LSDs are taller and the buds are not as dense (yet). They've already started producing trichomes.
    SDC14743.jpg
    SDC14748.jpg
    In the first pic we have all of the girls in the same places as before. The 2nd pic is of Motavation, and the 3rd is the best looking bud on Coletrain. The last two pics are of LSD.

Attached Files:

12. Update: 27 days into flowering

Here are some pics I took yesterday.

SDC14791.jpg
    SDC14794.jpg
    SDC14800.jpg
    SDC14806.jpg

The 1st pic is of Motavation. The 2nd pic is of Coletrain in the back and LSD at the front right. The 3rd and 4th pic is of Coletrain again. That 5th, 6th and 7th pic is of LSD. The 8th is of Coletrain and the last is of the clones, almost done rooting I think. I'll lower the RH and see how they are laster today...

Attached Files:

13. ahh im subbed, sorry im late to this one, you've got some flawless babes in that tent, i have a motivation going under a 150 hps right now so im excited to see your results, your doing an excellent job brutha

14. #14 GrowMoe, Oct 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2010
    Thanks a lot man! I'm trying lol.

That Motavation is just looking awesome. There are going to be some dense buds on that one. The Coletrain too. It smells very fruity almost like mango...

I don't really know the different flowering times for these strains. I'm hoping some of these will be done by first week of November.

Here's some information on the strains:

Motavation

It took Magus Genetics a while longer than expected, but finally it’s here; the long awaited successor of the “Starwarz” & “Medizin Power”, “Motavation”. A short/squat Indica-dominant hybrid with moderate stretch at flowering, a little leafy but covered with resin so its almost a waste to manicure the buds. It will develop a powerful aroma that is somewhat sweet with a touch of turpentine or fresh paint. The high is an overwhelming body stone with a floaty cerebral effect.

Manufacturer\tMagus Genetics
    Genetics\tWarlock x Sensi Star
    Variety\t Mostly Indica
    Flowering Time\t8-9 Weeks
    Awards\t 2 Place Bio Cup (High Life HF) 2008

Cole Train

The Cole Train is a Humboldt, CA local strain. Jasmine, a mid 90's Silver Haze Hybrid, was crossed with the Train Wreck (T4) male. The result is a large yielding, early finishing strain developed in Coastal California that strives in marginal conditions. She is resistant to mold and a nutrient hog. The old world Columbian flavor makes the 'erb a treat to smoke!

Breeder - Riserva Privada
    Genetics - Jasmine x Train Wreck (T4)
    Variety - 70% Indica : 30% Sativa
    Flowering Time: 8 weeks
    Yield: 400-500g/m2

Barney's Farm LSD

L.S.D. Seeds is an indica dominant cannabis hybrid strain from Barneys Farm. L.S.D. It's a new strain bred from old-school genetics, viz. Skunk Number 1 and Mazar. L.S.D. is a hardy, disease resistant strain that is suitable for all growing conditions. The taste is reminiscent of intense earthy chestnut with a sweet musky smell. LSD gives a powerful, super-trippy high as its name suggests.

Genetics: Skunk Number 1 x Mazar
    Type: Indica dominant hybrid
    Flowering: 9 weeks
    THC content: 24%
    CBD content: 1.3%​

That's cool to have.

15. #15 Kap10Kush, Oct 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2010
    that is cool to have, i wonder though it says that motivation is, "the long awaited successor of the “Starwarz” & “Medizin Power” yet the genetics report Warlock x Sensi Star. So what i'm left wondering is if starwarz and medizin power were maybe names of specific plants or phenotypes? but that wouldn't make any sense because warlock is a Magus Gen seed so i wouldn't see why they wouldn't just put warlock instead of a weird name, i wonder what its real genetics are. hope all is good and green on your end:smoke:

16. I agree, it's confusing... but it says: the “Starwarz” & “Medizin Power”, “Motavation”. That leads me to believe that the parents were Starwarz Motavation and Medizin Power Motavation. Or something in that fashion... Maybe they had a few different pheno-types that they named. (?)

But who knows? The genetics are Warlock x Sensi Star anyways.

17. #17 GrowMoe, Oct 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2010
    Update: 34 days flowering - Fuckin' Hermies!:cry:

Today when I got home I found the coletrain bent over due to the weight it has put on (budwise). As I tried to get it to stand upright I noticed a pollen sack on one of the nodes. I looked a bit closer on the entire plant and surely enough I found 3 pollen sacks all in all. The first one I picked off, but when I found more I decided to cut her down. I don't want hundreds of seeds...
    I had planned to harvest in 2-3 weeks.

The upside is that it looks so good and has both lots of trichomes and brown/oxidized pistils. I know it's the trics you're supposed to watch, though. I haven't checked but I suspect they're all clear. It's been like 5 weeks since I switched, but this pheno was super fast. Just look at the pics.
    SDC14863.jpg
    SDC14877.jpg

I'm disappointed but its not the end of the world. I quick dried some (a mini bud picked from the bottom most branch).
    I was pleasantly surprised, I must say.

So, now what about the clones? should I discard them or keep them for another round and see if they too go hermie? I can't see that I've done anything to stress it, but you never know.

The others are still going strong, and that Motavation is stinking up my house! It smells wonderful :D
    SDC14832.jpg
    SDC14829.jpg
    The 2nd pic is of Motavation (I tried to get a pic of that pistil there). So is the third and two last pics.

Attached Files:

18. Shitty about the herm man!!! Argh! Nothing is more frustrating than that shit.

Take it from me, scour your grow space for light leaks. Even pinhole ones. I would definitely keep the clones unless the cole train strain is known for throwing herms.

Your Motavation looks waaay better than mine man. Mine also has a killer sweet/berry smell going on. I love it! When I wake up in the morning after the dark photo period my house smells like sweet sugary berries. Its great!

19. #19 GrowMoe, Oct 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2010
    I know, I love the smell too. Real fruity. It's a short and bushy plant, the only one I elevated on a old gallon pain bucket. The buds though, are big and dense and these will be frigging awesome when they start plumping up at the end of flowering.

The coletrain is now hanging up to dry and it looks like it's going to yield about 40 grams. It smells weird though. Kind of a mixture of skunk and some spices, but I can't really explain it. It doesn't smell as good as any other weed I've every smelled. My buddy didn't like the smell at all, and said it smelt like shit. I kind of agree, but I don't think it's bad, just not good either. Does not smell of chlorofill or grass at all, but a musky (don't know if that's the right word)/spicy/consealed skunk smell. It's just weird, and if that is the "old world columbian flavour", I don't care for it. We'll see after proper drying and curing for 2-3 weeks. I'll be sure to report back and try to describe it better.

I did smoke some quick dried lower bud, and it has a very cereberal high. I started laughing at shit and was in a very good mood. I loved it.

If the weed has a heavy stone I just get apathic. I do enjoy it still, but that is really best for sleeping. Most people I know feels that the heavy indica stone is the most potent. Although this is mostly due to lack of experience with the green. Around here we mostly have hash, maroc and black afghan, and the effects are more stoned. So that's what people think is good weed.

Me, I am starting to see the upside to the cereberal sativa high. Also, flavour is important, so I don't know if I'll keep that coletrain. Motavation on the other hand is def a keeper and I'll do my next grow with M only. 4-5 plants a little bigger than this one.

Thanks for stopping by and commenting Zero, and I think your M looks relativley very nice (too bad about the nute burn man. They would probably be more like mine if that hadn't happened). You're a little behind me as in days of flowering, aren't you? No matter, I'm sure you'll be pleased with the result, at least in quality, if not quantity...

I'll take them out of the tent and snap some pics this weekend and post them to show you how they're really doing. Kind of hard to get a good pic when it's in the tent under the HPS, you know... Peace!

20. Sorry to hear about that hermie
    They suck
    Had one myself on my current grow :mad:
    Glad to see it didn't damage anything in your tent

That had me laughing this morning thanks for that