Vic's First Grow (WW & Pineapple Chunk)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by VicRattlehead, Jun 27, 2010.

1. #1 VicRattlehead, Jun 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2010
    Room Size....4x4x10 ft
    Light...........600w MH/HPS
    Soil.............Foxfarm- Ocean Forest
    Nutrients.....Grow Big, Big Bloom, Open Sesame, Tiger Bloom
    Exhaust.......440 CFM inline fan / carbon filter

Edit- I added Super Lemon Haze as well... so now its 2 of each..femmenized

Greenhouse Seeds- White Widow
    Super Lemon Haze

Barney's Farm- Pineapple Chunk

Nutes, PH, Bulbs, PH/EC meter inside the empty bulb case haha
    [​IMG]

2. Well vic, I dont know much.

But for one yes the probe is probably misreading air temp, try making it shady where the probe is. As far as hot spots from the aluminum, you will probably be fine, however I would suggest going ahead and doing mylar if you dont mind spending a couple more cents. It looks great! I wish I had the room to do that. Is it a closet? how many plants do you think youll put in there? how is your ventilation? do you have carbon filters? is smell an issue?

TheDankestFish :smoking:

3. Haha, i dont know much either man. Ill try making some shade for it.

I actually framed this little 4x4 room off and put drywall up so it KIND OF looks like a closet... Made it just for this purpose...

I think im gonna start with trying 4 plants at a time...

Ventilation seems fine so far, i need a bigger intake..right now i have a 4 inch intake with a 6 inch exhaust, 440 CFM fan with a variable speed controller. I have a carbon filter up in the attic along with the fan..i need to finish rigging that up to push the air back into the house elsewhere..

Ill let you know if smell is an issue in 3 months or so...hopefully. :smoke:

4. Ventilation should be fine for now then. Thats great you have the money and space to set this up. the room is only 160 Cubic Feet so that means at full blast you are exchanging air at about 2.5 times per minute. do you have a fan on the intake? or just one on the exhaust?

TheDankestFish :smoking:

5. #5 VicRattlehead, Jun 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2010
    Yeah man ive been waiting for this for about a year..no joke... ive been savin some cash and i took a little donation to get me started lol... No intake fan...I just used 3 elbow duct things and made a weird shape so light cant get through lol

Edit- haha, i gave it some shade and its already dropped from 84-88 down to 81....a bit more comfy. haha...ill see if it falls anymore

6. ah very nice. well I look forward to seeing this in the next few weeks!

Edit- Ah that is good about the temp. just be cautious if it stays at 80 and make sure they dont suck through their water trying to stay cool.

7. Whaddup Vic?? I am jumpin in here bro !! I didnt realize that you had started something up until I just saw your signature had your grow listed in it. Well I am subscribed now so you aint gettin rid of me bro!

8. Hey man, nice to see you stopping in already lol.. Not much going on yet... Times goin pretty slow for me right now

9. It's insulation for the outside of a house right? That should be fine but if you can, I'd put up mylar or panda film. I personally prefer panda film because it's thicker and easier to handle/clean.

10. #10 VicRattlehead, Jun 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2010

Yeah i have no idea what the shits actually used for... Thanks for making me worry less for now tho lol... Hopefully on thursday ill have money for mylar and some buckets for when i need to transplant...

I origionally planned on doing a scrog but do think itll work out alright even with 2 or 3 different strains?...I guess ill see how they grow and then decide if i can use a screen or not

See ya around man..

11. #11 VicRattlehead, Jul 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2010
    Whats up guys, just a little update. Its my birthday today and i dont have weed...yet...hoping to fix that once i wake up haha.

I got mylar today and put that up (picture above)...looks a bit wrinkly in some places but i think it should be alright.... Let me know if it looks like shit haha...

OH YEAH, while i was moving the plants to put the mylar in, i dropped both cups of Pineapple Chunk. They fell out, roots exposed and everything..i freaked out for a second, but replanted and wated it a little bit quickly.. I think theyre okay haha
    ...Noob. :smoke:

Other than that not much new.. Ive just been spooning them phed water pretty much daily when they get dry.. Should i stop babying them and let them dry out more, then give them a bigger serving of water? Im afraid to let the roots dry lol.

Heres the biggest of them all...the White Widow...Its probably the oldest by a day or so.. Seeds still clingin tight lol
    [​IMG]

12. Seed don't want to fall does it. lol.

13. #13 BAGZ, Jul 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2010
    Happy Birthday! :yay:

It looks good man.

They should be fine, just try not to stress them anymore.

I would water every other day or so depending on your soils drainage, Let them dry out a little. It's better for them to be a little dry then over watered.

14. hey man, whats up?

nice setup. im using CFLs myself.

dont hps get hot?

if u dont mind me asking,how much is the light u got? i may consider upgrading to a hps because i heard its much better than cfl.

15. Hey man, nice to see you stop by :wave:. Right now i have a 600w MH & HPS. The MH bulb costed about 100$ and the hps was like 50 or so.... I use a 440 CFM inline fan for exhaust...i think that was around 140$..As far as heat goes, its 73 outside my box and 79 at the plants level with the light about a foot away...not too bad

The White Widows are really taking off now...well...for seedlings haha ;).... I finally got sick of the seeds hanging so i pulled them off lol...

Both Super Lemon Haze sprouted as well...one looks a little weak but its probably just shocked from the light being so close on day 1 haha..it should be okay tho..

Pineapple Chunks are just looking small.....small but healthy...i think the Lemon Haze might pass it up pretty quickly... we'll see

16. well thanks for discussing, and the rep, i will indeed return it.

damn, sounds like ur serious about growing, spending that kinda money. i spent probably less than 30 bucks.

i was thinking about selling some to get some money, but they i thought to myself "HOLY SHIT im a drug dealer!" lol. i dont consider weed dealers drug dealers, but whatever. man any fruity haze is amazing, orange being my favorite. Mhhhmmm.

i myself have a plant thats moderately small. its a female thank god. i will attach a pic. i started flowering about a week ago. i want it to be small because i dont care about yield, i want experience. is this your first grow/

also, im gunna start growing shrooms too i cant wait to trip on shrooms i heard its amazing.

well again thanks for rep, good luck brah.

Attached Files:

17. #17 VicRattlehead, Jul 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2010
    Heres a sample of my birthday buds... Its some of the best shit ive found in a while, so full of crystals..it blows my mind man... Im trying to get some practice with the camera but the flash kinda sucks sometimes haha... Heres the best i can do. :smoke:

Edit- they told me it was called "headband" but i cant confirm that for sure

[​IMG]

Tore a bud open under the metal halide for you guys to try to see what i mean haha

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Ooh nice! Super dank! I remember way back in the day when I would come across bud this good. I would go at it all careful like with tweezers and some surgical scissors to break it up. Now I just go apeshit with my fingers so I can smoke the shit.

Heres some Amnesia I'm currently smoking:

[​IMG]

I hope you dont mind the photo. If so, I will promptly remove it.

19. No problem man, glad to see you around :wave:

Apparently the shit i have is called "headband"... They both look dank. I only have a half eighth tho haha :devious::smoke:

20. honestly, i would roll me a nice fatass blunt, and keeep that shit to myself or with a freind, then go to a chinese buffet, come home smoke more and watch a movie, eat again and go to bed.