400w Super Lemon Haze/SCROG/Hempy Buckets/DR120

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by imsostoned, May 30, 2010.

1. What up GC! Next grow has been well under way for just over a month now - I purchased three Super Lemon Haze seeds from Green House Seeds and germinated them on 4/20 (for good luck :cool:)

So we're about 5 weeks in now, and I have three mother plants to choose from. I plan on keeping the most vigorous looking plant, and using the clones in auto watered hempy buckets w/the Lucas Formula.

My grow is much the same from my last one (http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-g...cheese-aurora-kiwiskunk-dr120-first-grow.html), with a couple of extras:
    -400w MH/HPS with aircooled hood
    -3.5ftx3.7ft SCROG with extra CFLs for more light
    -Fox farms nutes/soil for mothers, GH floranova in hempys for the actual bud I'll be taking into flowering

mmkay... ON TO PICS!

all together:
    [​IMG]

from the top:
    [​IMG]
    The scrog! Will be throwing 8 CFLs on this bad boy to get a little more light on to the canopy. I think this way will work MUCH better than last time, where I just kinda stuck the CFLs wherever... more "directed" CFL light, for bigger buds and less popcorn nonsense :p:
    [​IMG]

Reservoir, complete with air stones:
    [​IMG]

Clone bucket (copy of Rumple's http://forum.grasscity.com/do-yourself/444974-lets-build-clone-machine-step-step.html a little leaky... but it works :D)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

so at this point I think I might end up going with number 2... but we'll see. I think they're about ready to clone, since all I need is two cuttings. thats about it.... keep it real GC :smoking::wave:

Attached Files:

2. Good luck to you with this bro... I'll be tuning in.

3. thanks bro I'll keep it updated! and welcome to Grasscity :smoking:

so the cloning date draws near... actually, Im pretty sure I could right now, but Im not sure which one to keep the clones from...

[​IMG]
    #3 has jumped up ahead in height...

[​IMG]
    and now appears to be the widest of the three

[​IMG]
    it's also pretty branchy lookin... which I think would help with filling up the scrog quicker

[​IMG]
    #2... a bit shorter, looking a bit more indica. thicker vegetation in the middle

[​IMG]
    #1 the runt haha. Probably going to practice my cloning on this one :D

So as of right now Im strongly leaning towards #3... but anyone with any experience with Super Lemon Haze feel free to chime in with what you think is the best representative specimen of the strain

4. uhhhh okay so imageshack is being a piece of shit and not rotating my pictures properly even though I rotated em before I uploaded em :rolleyes::rolleyes:. heres the detailed ones

Attached Files:

5. Ladies are lookin good man I think I'm going to do a scrog on mine too it seems to be the way to go judging from some other big-wigs in here.

6. Oh yeah I've heard you can get up to 50% more w proper training and SCROG. But this is my first time so we'll see what happens! :D

7. So I finally picked one to clone!! I went with number 1 because of a recent accidental "mini drought" - this one weathered the lack of water really well compared to the other two, not to mention it smells the skunkiest :D:smoking: A little toughness is a good thing, esp around someone like me :cool:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I took three, but I plan on only using 2 of them to actually grow out. Now all thats left is to wait for roots... peace GC, on to fixing some room temp problems!

8. So after 8 days, roots have shown!! Which is good... cuz I didn't wanna wait 2-3 weeks just to find out I messed up the process somewhere along the way :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have a couple questions though, maybe someone that reads this could give me a heads up...

1. How long should the roots be before they're ready to be put into the hempy buckets?
    2. Can I just transplant straight into the hempy bucket, or do I have do put it into some rockwool or jiffy plugs or something first? From what I've read a lot of people put the clones into plugs first, then into the hempy bucket, but I figure as long as it can hold in the bucket it should be ok?

9. Looks good in here, I love the way you got your CFLs setup.

Nice one mate!

10. Cool grow, everythings lookin' great. Subscribed!

11. "Hey Randy you oookay bud?"

I love your avatar!

12. Thanks for the kind words :)

so transplanting has come and gone, things are looking okay so far. I think one of the clones got a bit of nutrient burn the first couple days but since then it's been looking okay. Still watering by hand daily cuz idk when the roots will hit bottom... once I see a growth "explosion" I'll set the scrog in place.

Day 1:
    [​IMG]

Today (day 6 I think?):
    [​IMG]

does anyone know when I should start topping?

13. hey bro, i would let them get a little more established, say about 7-10 days, then go ahead and top'em.

14. Damn, wish I woulda saw that sooner lol. I fimmed em last night, they appear to be doin alright so far! I also had a little "accident" with the hempy buckets, thought they were balanced on some crates, NOPE fell on the ground and half the mix (with the plants) had fallen out. Bummer. I actually held one up by it's roots and was like oh mah gawd... but put em back in and watered em they seem to be doing okay haha.

15. oh mah gawd !!!
    I hope you got some B1 or something. GL with that.

16. they'll still be fine. established roots just would have helped them get over the stress faster. in about a week you should see some significant growth from the topped areas.

17. alright so here we are 5 days after the "fimm"... and I dont notice much of a difference...

[​IMG]

#1 from the top
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I know I pulled something off... but did I not remove enough? or is this normal looking after a fimm?

18. happy Independence day e'rrybody!!

sooo I dont think I removed enough last time I attempted to fimm... so I did it again a few days ago and I think I got it right this time around.
    a couple days ago:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

also setup the scrog and the autowatering system... havent quite worked out the kinks yet (timing is weird cause buckets start draining at different times) but soon I can be away for up to a week without worryin about the grow :cool: but not rly lol cause I need to keep training the branches under the net.

today:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

crazy lookin roots... if you leave em in your cloner for a real long time lol
    [​IMG]

:smoking::smoking:

19. How is your autowatering system work? Do you have a separate reservoir, water-pump, timer and tubing run to the plants? I'm gonna use hempy buckets in my latest grow and am trying to figure out such a system for myself.

20. Yup, that's exactly what I did. I bought a drip irrigation kit from Harbor Freight Tools for like 6-7 bucks (can't find a link on the site to it, but it should be at any store) and it comes with the tubing, connectors, and drippers (more like squirters, since I have the water pressure on the pump set to about 1/4 strength and only have 6 drippers on there) and some valves and shit if you wanna hook it up to your garden hose. Then I bought a small fountain pump for about 12 (145 GPH Mini Submersible Pump) and hooked it all up. Pretty easy and cheap, but I wouldn't recommend it for a big grow - don't rely too much on those Harbor Freight tools :D:D