Carolinagreen's Indoor Stealth PC case grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by carolinagreen, Apr 22, 2010.

1. #1 carolinagreen, Apr 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2010
    Hey all,
    This is my first grow and I decided on doing a pc case for fun. I'm using bagseed so I'm not worried about messing up, really this is just an experiment.

Case Specs:
    18"H X 17"W X 7"D
    x3 26W 6500K x2 26W 3700K - 3 6500k for veg, 2 6500k and 1 2700k for flower.
    4 120mm ~70 cf/min pc fans
    Thermometer/Humidity Gauge
    Scrog Rack

Bagseed - 6 seeds from some dank I had. All six germinated successfully.
    Soil - Fox Farm Ocean Forest and Perlite
    Ferts - Using FF Big grow and Big Bloom

[​IMG]

2. Planting - 4/15/10

Today I planted two seeds that had developed their taproots into small cups with a mixture of Miracle Grow Organic potting soil and perlite, covered with plastic wrap to keep in moisture. My pc case has 3 26 watt 6500K CFLs and is running temps between 78-85o F and about 45-55% Relative Humidity.

[​IMG]

3. Day 1 - 4/17/10
    Today the two seedlings have appeared and 4 other seeds have been planted after developing their taproots. One of the seedlings couldn't seem to get the seed off of itself, so I managed to pull it off. The other seedling looks pretty healthy. I moved them down a little from the lights as I saw the perlite was turning brown from the heat and didn't want to risk burning the new seedlings.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Day 2 - 4/18/10
    Nothing much is new over the past two days. Looking healthy, one of the seedlings is stretching a little, but I think it is because the leaves were stuck together from part of the seed shell, keeping it from getting good light. I'm watering very often as the cups they are in are very small. The strongest of the two has started its first true leaf set.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Day 3 - 4/19/10
    Today two more seedlings have sprouted and the other two are looking great. The weird plant that's leaves were stuck together has started its first true leaf set while the other has started its second leaf set. I moved the container a little closer to the light now that they aren't showing any signs of heat stress. So far 4/6 seeds have sprouted (9 seeds total, 3 duds never germinated).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Day 4 - 4/20/10
    All six seeds have sprouted! One of them has the seed shell stuck on it again. I am going to see if it removes it itself before I mess with it. The first two to sprout are looking great, the center back being the best as it has barely stretched at all. The other seedlings are showing a little more stretch so I am doing a test with them about 3 in. away from the lights for 2 hours to see if they burn at all. I'd like to keep them on the shelf if possible. I am watering about twice a day to keep it moist since its running a little hot in my case (80-85o F). After testing for about 5 hours, the older and more resilient seedlings could withstand the heat with no problem, but the newer seedlings were showing signs of burning so I moved them back down. Once they are all strong enough I will place it back under the light to avoid stretching. This configuration is also better for the case as the air flow is better .

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Day 5 - 4/21/10
    4/6 plants are looking healthy. Especially 3 of them. Two seedlings seem like they got a little burned from being to close, but their first leaf sets look fine. We'll see if they do alright. Still watering twice daily, nothing else new. Updated. I ended up removing the 2 weakest seedlings that were pretty burned. I figure that I can only fit 1-2 plants in my case anyway so I might as well just give the 4 strongest optimal conditions.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. thats a cool little plant with three leaves you got there. the ones left look healthy :smoking:

9. yeah thats wierd never seen a plant sprout with three leaves like that, cant wait to see what it turns into, im def suscribed for this one

10. Hew few things, first good luck with your grow ya fellow PC grower :)
    1. People will comment on the MG soil negatively. the main issue with MG is the steroid type nutes it has in it aren't very favorable to your plants young root structure so it may cause you issues down the road.
    2. Ferts, I use the Fox Farms set of 3, others sware by FloraNova and other brands check around here and I'd pick one of those over a general MG branded for everything fert. The FF ferts, 1 is for vegging and then 2 are for flowering, 1 is your straight up fert plant food during flowering the other is a bud enhancing fert. The each do their own thing.
    3. Have you checkedout feeding your plants molassess during watering? It's the only way I've gone so I cannot compare one to the other in growing but many people here sware by it.

Good luck everythings looking good so far.

11. Yea I've read about the molasses thing. I plan to start that once I transplant to the tupperware container. I'm probably only going to keep the healthiest plant in the pc case so I have more room. Yea the FF ferts look good. The main reason I got MG organic soil is because it was dirt cheap and I wasn't sure that the bagseed would even make it. Seems they are healthy looking though. Thanks for your input.

12. Yea, I think its pretty cool haha. It seems to be the shortest and bushiest plant right now. (I'm only going to keep the healthiest plant as the pc case will only really 1-2 plants I'm guessing.)

13. #13 carolinagreen, Apr 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2010
    Day 6 - 4/22/10

Nothing else really new today. I've slowed down on the watering now that the plants are maturing a little. The 3 leaved plant is showing a tad bit of yellowing on the tip, but it is barely noticeable and I would guess its from over-watering. I was really keeping them wet to make sure they didn't get fried. They've grown a considerable amount in only 5 days, and I can see the second leave sets developing now.

How long should I wait before transplanting?

Pics:

Slight Yellowing:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Also, if anybody has any idea about the strain I'm all ears.

15. i dont no about the strain, but i would def keep that 3 leaf freak

16. Haha yea I want to. Its pretty cool.

17. Day 7 - 4/23/10

Everything is looking good. The mutant 3 leaf plant is slightly lighter green than the other plants, but I don't think this is a problem. What do you guys think? Also anybody have any ideas on strains!? And how long should I wait before transplanting to my big tupperware container?

[​IMG]

18. i almost want to say mostly-indica because of the short, wide leaves

19. That'd be great since its in a pc case haha.

20. Oh wow you have a 3 leafer only 2nd time i've seen that. i grew 6 plants a month ago and somehow it would instead of 1 set of leafs havint 2 fanleafs it would have 3, Then would grow 3 min plants from the nodes and had more nodes so slightly thicker bud :smoking: