CFL closet grow-critical and cole train femminized

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by soohood, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Hey GC just thought i would start my first journal just for fun cause i know i love to watch these babies grow so i figured i should share the pleasure any advice or help will be completely welcomed.

-so first of all the strains are 2 critical seeds i picked up from the attitude seed bank and the cole train seed it came with.
    -right now i have 2 40w bulbs over each plant but have many more lights including a big 68w im dying to use but right now temp is an issue.
    -my light cycle is on 20/4 but unfortunately that was a little messed up yesterday when my light timer decided to just twak out but no damage done.
    -i have the soils ph measured at 6.8 but im not sure how accurate my meter is its not a nice one. will invest in a good pen soon as i can.
    -the walls are lined with white panda film except for one side.
    -the plants are all in ffof soil and i have grow big, tiger bloom and superthrive for nutes.
    -the temperature is between 71 and 76 when the lights are off and 81-85 when they are on(i know its a little bit high im trying to get that under control) also the hummidty is at around 30-33% and i cannot figure out how to raise it so any thoughts on that from anyone???
    -i have three fans blowing on the plants so i can get those stems nice and strong like my last ones unfortunately they didnt make it to far because the ferret decided it would chew on them a little then dig a hole for itself and burrow in the pots:mad: i would have probably eaten that thing if i didnt have my femminized sprouts going still lol.

if anyone wants to know anything else feel free to ask

so on with the pictures now
    1-is just of my setup.
    2-is of my second healthiest plant at day 10
    3-is of my slightly retarded plant also at day 10 it sprouted kind of odd cause the seed would not come off it so after seeing how much it was stretching i was forced to get it off myself. it was pretty easy im positive i didnt hurt it at all but its just a little odd looking to me.
    4-is of my best looking plant at day 11

Attached Files:

• 041.jpg
      041.jpg
      File size:
      304.7 KB
      Views:
    • 042.jpg
      042.jpg
      File size:
      267.6 KB
      Views:
    • 043.jpg
      043.jpg
      File size:
      566.5 KB
      Views:
    • 045.jpg
      045.jpg
      File size:
      590.2 KB
      Views:
  2. lots of new growth today from the plants it seems like they are growing by the hour now

my retarded plant is growing but still not looking good. its leafs are folding upwards a little bit like you can see in the pic, also its leafs color is definetely different from the others. any ideas what could be going on anyone?? i havent done anything different to this plant than the others and they all look healthy as can be. could it just have been a bad seed?

3. i will post more pictures tomorow and make sure i get a few good ones of my challenged plant

4. Hey i don't know much but I know you're on the right track. I'm on my first run using bag seed in a pc tower. Same principals as you, cfl's FFOF, the FF nutes etc. I don't have a Ph meter and have suffered from the start and I'm surprised I didn't kill any of my 8 along the way.
    You didn't mention how far along your first grow was before your Ferret did what nature told him to do. But I wouldn't worry about the weird growth or micro manage your project. it's life, it's nature just give it some care and your girls will be fine.

The general principals I've been following off the tutorials here & @ icmag are...
    Keeping temps below 85 degrees when lights are on,
    Feed the plants when they are thirsty, I use the "dunking" method for my plants in 32oz containers every 3-4 days it works for me. It was before I switched to the dunking method I had issues with dying leaves, ph lockouts and all sorts of problems.
    Did you mix any perlite into your FFOF?
    Don't start introducing nutes until after a months worth of growth.

But you got panda film, you got fans, you seem like you got the checklist covered. As far as lights go I have 6x27 watt CFL's (162 total watts,9600 lumens) watch your heights as I've burnt quite a few leaves but have kept my buds at a safe distance.
    Good Luck!

5. hey dyno thanks for stopping in i appreciate the support. and i was actually about a month in when the mischevious ferret got involved. as for micro managing its hard not to lol but the only reason im getting kinda concerned is because instead of improving it seems to be slowly getting worse. as for perlite i dont have any extra mixed in i wish i would have mixed a little in tho.

so how far along are you now id like to follow ur grow we could probably help eachother out

6. 1-day 12
    2 through 4-day 12 of retarded plant
    5 through 6-day 13 of prime plant

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      224.2 KB
      Views:
    • 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      205.5 KB
      Views:
    • 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      493.9 KB
      Views:
    • 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      138.4 KB
      Views:
    • 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      File size:
      177 KB
      Views:
    • 006.jpg
      006.jpg
      File size:
      183.8 KB
      Views:
  7. anyone have anything to say about me challenged plant? its growing fast as the others def not stunted or anything stems getting nice and thick to. ha maybe its just a mutant

8. gave my biggest one some grow big the other day. started it out very very weak though so far it has reacted very well.

9. well all i have to say about your retarded plant is that mine started out wierd like that with curled leaves and yellowish color, but it took off like crazy and has survived alot in the past 2 1/2 weeks. but your grow looks great, what size is your exhaust fan and what kind of fans are you running? and is your exhaust on the top of the grow room and your intake on the bottom? but check out mine, yours could look like that

10. wow haze i gotta say your plant looks really similar to mine thats amazing and great grow man. but as for the exhaust heres my problem im doing this grow at my girls house because its a much safer place and so right now all i have is a big fan sucking all that hot air out.

im really trying to figure out something else i can do but the door cant be open at night because its in her bedroom and its to bright and there def cant be any holes in the wall or anything. im thinking i might drape something over the front and just always leave the door open but idk got any ideas?

11. oh and a little update my timer fucked up again so the lights were on for 24hrs but i guess thats not the worst that could have happend im just gonna put it back on its regular schedule

12. to tell you the truth i have no exhaust yet in my dresser, and just have a 10in fan blowing in there and there's no escape of light or air and it never really heats up that much. my idea would be to turn that box fan around and turn it on low. just have all your fan blowing in there at once soo there's no possibility of a hot spot. growing at your girls huh, id rather get busted by my parents, then to trust my girls parents. if that doesn't help i got a crazy idea i read:
    take a 2 or 3 liter bottle and fill it up 3/4 full and then freeze it WITH THE LID OFF so it doesn't go boom, then just put that in your grow room. when the lights go off throw it back in the freezer, when they turn back on put it back in there that should help with humidity and temp. well hope that helped alittle. but +rep your def commited to this grow

13. thanks i appreciate that and il def give ur idea a shot sounds like a great way to at least raise my humidity. im also going to add a few 68w lights in there soon and see how temp goes after that

14. soo a lot of new growth now im getting pretty excited things are going very well i cant see one thing wrong with my 2 normal looking babies and even the weird one looks healthy. i fed the other 2 plants some nutes now as well and also decided to lst my odd looking plant because it was getting taller than the rest and its actually starting to look a little better. was going to post some pics tonight but unfortunately the camera is dead and we have lost the charger of course lol so new pics coming tomorow.

oh and haze i stuck 2 containers of frozen water in the closet a few hours ago so i let u know how that goes tomorow to

15. sounds good man it should drop the temps like 5-10f and raise the humidity alittle, just more or less stabilize things

16. hey man i gotta say i didnt know how well that was gonna work but at least last night it seemed to raise the humidity to about 40 and lowered the temp a nice couple degrees props your idea worked great i raise my bong to u lol

17. your welcome, just remember to pass that on to someone else in need

18. finally getting the pics up i promised these are from a few days ago tho i will take more pics today also and upload those

pic 1- plant #1 at 14 days
    pics 2 thro 4- plant #2 at 14 days. i decided to tie it down because it was getting much taller than the others
    pics 4 thro 6- plant #3 at day 15. lovin this beauty

let me know what u all think. and there should be more pics later on today and wait til u see those:D

so anyways i thought id share a little story about the other night. so my gfs brother is a fat tweaker that needs to leave everyone alone. he decided to break into her house the other night and start stealing shit and harrasing her. luckily i was there and for me enough is enough when he got in my face it pushed me over the edge especially because my gf has a restraining order and he shouldnt be there in the first place. soo this dudes about 6ft tall around 250 or so unfortunately much bigger than me im closer to 5ft 8 155. to bad for him size dont matter at all and i love mma technique over size. i spit right in his face and he came charging at me and grabbed me i grabbed him right back and gave him a straight right hard to the mouth and knocked out his tooth. after this i threw him on the ground we wrestled around he got back up and i charged him (on my way in he did get one punch in to the top of my head but it wasnt shit) tackled him into the wall and liffted him up over my shoulders and slammed him down hard on the deck outside(one of my great moments considering how big he was lol) got on top of him punched him a few times he worked his way back up i gave him another solid right to his head and it was all over for him. cops came and arrested him right after.

so idk thought id share incase there are any other fight fans out there lol

Attached Files:

• 178.JPG
      178.JPG
      File size:
      908.9 KB
      Views:
    • 183.JPG
      183.JPG
      File size:
      775.3 KB
      Views:
    • 184.JPG
      184.JPG
      File size:
      851.7 KB
      Views:
    • 187.JPG
      187.JPG
      File size:
      776 KB
      Views:
    • 185.JPG
      185.JPG
      File size:
      723.1 KB
      Views:
    • 186.JPG
      186.JPG
      File size:
      766.6 KB
      Views:
  19. dude congrats, wish i coulda seen that shit

20. Hey nice grow man,
    Scribbed. Good luck with the rest of your grow.