150watt HPS LowJem And SNL Autoflower Closet Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by anthonyg45157, Apr 14, 2010.

1. #1 anthonyg45157, Apr 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2010
    Hello everyone at grasscity this is my second closet grow! First one i did some 12/12 plants a friend is finishing off, this time i decided to go with Autoflowering plants =].

Im working with a 150watt high pressured sodium lamp (20/4 Light Cycle) , which i got from HTG for around 100 Bucks. The grow cab i am working with it about 3 square feet ( if i did the math correct). The strains i am currently growing are Lowjems & SNL (Sweet N Low) Lowjems(Low axis & Mossys jems) SNL(Sweettooth & Lowryder)...I think. Seeds came from a good good friend =]. My growing medium is Foxfarms ocean forrest soil at the moment. I started 10 seeds around march 24th, they all popped by march 30th and i put them in soil 7/10 plants came above soil, 3 did not. So the tally was 4 Lowjems, 3 SNL. Im starting the age of the plants gfrom april 1st. So they are about 13 days old. Today i discovered two had already showed sex. I couldnt get a good picture of the female sadly but i did get a picture of the male and his lil sacks. Let me know what you guys think, subscribe to my thread and you guys will get some good updates [​IMG]Any questions let me know.

Picture 1:This is what the cab looks like, i have a computer fan 80cfm for exhaust also another fan connected to the reflector blowing the hot air away from plants. And also a circulating fan up top. Temps are from 75-85 Not too bad. Those plants in my cab ARE NOT from the current grow, those are from my last grow.

Picture 2:
    These are all the plants in that natural habitat. The two left plants are Lowjems, center 2 are SNLS (Both Very small) Top right is my biggest lowjem which i believe is a female. The bottom right is my biggest SNL very distinct way they grow, very bushy. After all the plants sex i will be transplanting them into 3 gallon grow bags with the same soil.

Picture 3:
    This is a close up picture of my most praised SNL im pretty sure she will be a female but not 100% yet, im praying though because its beautful. mmmm

Pictures 4 & 5:
    These are pictures of my SNL 2 & 3 plants. 2 is a bit bigger than number 3( maybe dwarf pheno?) but im hoping the both take of very soon. They are both much smaller than SNL 1. SNL 2 is taking on male appearance but wont know until further growth.

Pictures 6 & 7: These are the pictures of the male i pulled from the garden today both pictures show the pollen sacks pretty well.

More Updates to come soon! Keep watch!

Attached Files:

2. sCrIbEd for this, I was wondering if you were ACTUALLY gonna start the new journal, hey, you did so I'll be tuned in.

I was reading your thingy there, and you said they had already shown sex and in my brain I was like "uh....dude, it's only been 13 days, you got a while before you'll see sex" than I totally remembered you have the autos, duh!!! :hippie::smoke:

Anyway lookin forward to this son!

3. HAHAHA yeah thats funny, i really like how AF plants sex very early in there life so i dont have to waste a bunch of soil on some males. Keep posted everyone. :hello:

4. Found out today my biggest SNL and biggest two low jems are deff female =]!! So far 3 females, i have suspicion the other lowjem is a female. \t\t\t\t\t\t:hello:

5. Hello grasscity! hows everyone doin tonight? Well just a quick update over here, im pretty sure i have the final tally on my number of plants and of which strains. I have confirmed my SNL 1 to be a female and my other 3 low jems to be females. So it looks like i will only be doing 4 plants this go around,but under 150watt light they all should each yield nicely, at least i hope so =]. Anyways here are a few pictures i took in the garden today.

Picture 1: This is a picture of my LowJem 1, look at those pistils! =]

Picture 2: This is a picture of my SNL 1 the one i was praying was a female is! [​IMG]

Picture 3: In this picture the plant in the back in lowjem1 and in the front snl1, you can tell the obvious strain differences.

Picture 4: Lowjem 2 and Lowjem 3, 2 is the back one and is confirmed female. 3 is not yet confirmed but is showing early signs that it will be a she!

Sorry for picture quality i was using a cell phone, its not too bad though.

Attached Files:

6. What are you feeding them perdy ladies???

You should check this out this guy has a really good feeding schedule goin on. I dunno if your plants are "true" autos, I don't think that would matter in the case of feeding them. Might help your yeilds though.

7. Im not really feeding them anything right now, but the soil it self has plenty of stuff to feed the plants right now. FFOF has lots of goodies in it. When i transplant and they get bigger, i may use lights amounts of foxfarms tiger bloom. I will be careful to not burn my plants, i dont wanna ruin my harvest over somethin like that, that can be avoided. I will post picture update in a few days =].

8. What do you mean mate? they deff are true autos, with alot of lowdyer background. I mean they sexed in 13 days, under 20/4 light cycle, they deff are true autos.

9. I don't wanna sound like I know more than you do or anything. This is your grow and you're free to do it how you like.

From what I understand, your soil would have enough nutes to keep them happy for seven days or so, anything else and I dunno. You may wanna consider some sort of organic tea or maybe try the new BIOgrow crap from GH. but like I said, I don't know shit about soil, I've never growin in soil. Just read about it.

I dunno. I don't know what a "true" auto is. I guess some auto plants aren't really autos...I would assume that it is a true auto, lowryder is supposed to be true, from what I've read.

10. Hey everyone at grasscity! Gotta good update for you guys tonight. The plants are around 19 days old right now, and have already started to BUD! =]]. The garden is deff looking
    green! Lemme know what you guys think, always open for kind criticism. :)

Picture 1: SNL1

Picture 2: LowJem 1

Picture 3: LowJem 1 Close Up, Nice Bud! :hello:

Picture 4: Whole Cab,The back left pot has a SNL that is only 1cm tall, i dont think its life will be much longer. The front left pot is an SNL male i plant on planting outdoors and trying to get some pollen from him. (I hope he isnt a micro, and i pass on micro genes, i guess we will see.)

Attached Files:

11. Bumpppp, Im pretty surprised no one has much to say about my grow. Or advice... :confused:

12. Yeah nobody really seems to read newer journals...You kinda just gotta go whore yourself around in other people journals. Just tell them to look at yours...they will. Maybe.

13. Hey Grasscity, its day 23 for these plants just a quick update. Since the last time I posted pictures, i transplanted the 4 female plants (3 lowjem. 1SNL) from 2liter containers into 3 gallon grow bags, this is where the plants will finish off their life. The plants are really starting to get stinky, im planning on buying an O3 generator(Ozone) very soon to get rid of the smell to help with my gardens stealthiness. Also plants are beefing up alot and have tons of new foilage everyday! Lemme know what you guys think!

Picture 1: [​IMG] Whole cab, All lowjem SNL got cutoff.

Picture 2:[​IMG] Lowjem1

Picture 3:[​IMG] Lowjem1 Bud shot [​IMG]

P.s. If no one else besides my dude soapman has anything say after a week, i will no longer be posting updates on this site and will move to a different forum and will PM link to soap.

Attached Files:

14. ill be watching for updates. also just popped in a 150HPS into my closest (much tighter space unfortunately) im interested to see your outcome. looks like im about 2 weeks behind you (my journal i think is a few days behind too). now i need to think about gettting some more fans if youre running that many and maintaining a good temp, a big concern of mine. cheers!

15. 19 days wow. when did you switch the lights to 12/12? or did you...?

16. i dont know much about growing but for a low budget setup like you got going compared to some of these high tech high priced ones your plants are looking nice.

keep it up

17. Ill be keepin up on it. Love the auto grows!:smoking:

18. Thanks man, yeah i am very happy with what i have seen from 150watt hps lights, they really do a good job. Fans are always a good thing, keep in mind the room my grow closet is in has an air conditioner installed too, which helps me maintain a good temp. :)

19. i wish I could somehow run A/C in my closet without actually having an A/C unit in there. That would be awesome...Maybe I should look into that :rolleyes: