Twitcher's Soil Grow - C99, ISS and Casey Jones

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by twitcher2009, Mar 29, 2010.

1. #1 twitcher2009, Mar 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2010
    Hi All :wave:

Well, it's time to journal again :cool:

The Set Up

600w light
    Bud Box grow tent
    Canna Professional Plus soil (completely unfertilised out of the bag)
    Canna Vega grow nutes
    Canna Flores bloom nutes
    Hygrozyme
    All other additives TBC when I go 12/12

I'm growing 1 each of C99, Island Sweet Skunk and Casey Jones from clone, and I'm in the 3rd week. I don't know exactly how old the clones were when I obtained them, but they had only just shown roots through the jiffy-plug. I plan to veg for 5 weeks and then flower so I have about 2 1/2 weeks left until the fun times begin! Pics below, and all comments welcomed :D Oh, the last pic is a further Casey Jones I have that I plan to turn into a mother. She is in a separate Bud Box under a 250w CFL. When I take the first clones I'll journal that under another thread.

All 3 in a row
    29032010651.jpg

C99
    29032010652.jpg

C99 again
    29032010655.jpg

ISS
    29032010653.jpg

ISS again
    29032010656.jpg

Casey Jones
    29032010654.jpg

Casey Jones again
    29032010657.jpg

And finally, the Casey Jones mum-to-be.
    29032010650.jpg

2. everything is looking good in here, i like your selection of strain's, so 12/12 start's in 2 week's :rolleyes: perfect, I'll have a newly harvested crop to be smokin while watching these girl's do their thing;)

3. Thx cfl! I'm sooo pleased you'll be smoking as I'm flipping :smoke:

I'm really looking forward to trying these strains out, they're all new to me. The C99 seems to be a little less vigorous than the other two but the original clone was a little smaller to begin with. The Casey Jones is just exploding out of the bag! I really can't wait :D

4. If your enjoying what their doing now, then your gonna feel like a kid again when you flip the light. Oh man :D:D but I've heard nothing but good thing's about that C99 so I'm sure it'll reward you in the end. MMMMMMMM, you got one tasty selection though, is this your 1st grow???

5. No, i've been growing a couple of years, although i'm using new nutes and soil this time and i'm really happy with current progress. i had a failed crop happen over christmas and this is my first since then. that's why i'm sooo excited!

and yeah, i've only heard good things about C99 too. i do hope she picks up a bit :smoke:

6. ahhhh, hydro man, so your more experienced than me :p I'm still only on my second grow and became a gardener in december so I'm 4 month's in, check out my 12/12 from seed grow, the afghani is a monster:) well, all my experience revolves around soil so any help needed, ask and if I know, I'll answer. ;)

7. lol, sorry, i meant i'm using a different type of soil this time. i've yet to go hydro but i'm considering a bubble bucket in the nearish future. what soil are you using? i've just switched from bio-bizz to canna professional plus and i'm finding it so much easier to judge feeding accuracy with an unfertilised soil. also, i've just moved to canna nutes as well and they are sooo much better than the bio-bizz stuff i was using and it doesn't stink like manure either lol

8. lol, well i started off using john inn's pre ferted compost and I think I'm gonna go back to that (except it come's packed with fungus gnats). I'm currently using bio-bizz all mix or something like that but it's bio bizz soil and I think it is shit, it doesn't water properly and just spit's water back out instead of soaking it up.
    The only canna nute's I use is P/K and I love it but other than that for veg I use miracle grow all purpose :p (it's got shitload's of nitrogen:eek:) and for flowering I use bio-bizz bloom, bio-bizz topmax and advanced nutrients sensi bloom A+B.
    I'd like to try hydro but don't think I'm ready just yet, maybe I'll try it by next year.
    I've noticed people around here like unferted soil but since using bio-bizz, I've started havin nitrogen defieciencies and just can't be bothered with the hassle so I'm going back to my pre-nuted soils:D

9. you do know that bio-bizz all mix IS pre-ferted yes? Seriously, try canna professional plus instead. also, i know what you mean about the bio-bizz watering issues cos i had the same problems myself.

10. Where do you get that canna soil from and what sizes does it come in??
    Have you heard of plagron batmix Organics I was thinking of maybe trying that next with some wormcast and seeing how that performs.
    But for now, you'll reccommend canna's soil yer

11. You can get it from pretty much any grow shop, I get 50L bags for about £15. Cos it's completely unfertilised you have to start using nutes from the first watering but it's better being in complete control imo. I've not heard of the soil you mentioned, but I'm deffo sticking with the canna and i recommend it. they also do a pre-ferted one called canna professional (professional plus is the un-ferted one) but i haven't used it personally.

but... i've also had a successful crop with soil designed for orchids so it's not all about the medium :D

12. Howdy boss, the garden there is looking healthy. I hope your c99 picks up, it's one of the easiest plants I've ever had with a pretty good smoke. She was small though as well.

How does the hygrozyme work in soil?

13. Welcome Octa! :wave:

The hygrozyme is working really well, I had the mum-to-be in a smaller pot for a week and the roots were already starting to grow out the bottom so no complaints. I'll deffo keep using it for all my future grows.

14. #14 twitcher2009, Mar 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2010
    Pic Update! :hello:

Just some better quality pics of the girls, but I've also uploaded a few problem pics. There is some downwards leaf curl, which I believe is due to overwatering, and some slight discolouration and spotting on a few of the leaves which I think is either over-ferting and/or PH. I'm gonna refrain from watering for a couple of days to remedy the leaf-curl, and leave the nutes out of their next drink or two as well. The Casey Jones is growing a little twisted, any ideas? Other than that she seems healthy. Any comments welcomed! :D

30032010658.jpg

30032010659.jpg

30032010660.jpg

Sorry for the blur, it was a really tricky angle to hold the camera at and it kept auto-focusing on the tent wall.
    30032010662.jpg

30032010665.jpg

30032010664.jpg

30032010666.jpg

30032010667.jpg

This one was BY FAR the worst affected leaf, so I pulled it for a close-up. Sorry to the blur again, it was uploaded before I realised it was so rubbish :eek:
    30032010673.jpg

15. Your girl's look good, I wouldn't worry about them leaf issue's too much, don't look like defieciency or anything, maybe a lil light bleaching but that look's about it to me.;)

16. D'oh! Light bleaching! Now that I think about it, I've never raised the lights since they went in and the were MUCH smaller then lol!

I'll raise the light a little right now, and maybe rotate the plants too.

Two heads are better then one, eh?

17. Right, that's sorted now. Hopefully that should sort the few minor leaf problems out :)

18. Hey twitcher.

Came here from the ukgrowers thread m8. Good to see you m8. Thought id head over see what you got goin on. Lookin good.

Nice choice of strains mate. :hello: Had a bit of a hard time choosing what strain to try first, and the C99 was in my shortlist coz i do like the sound of it and heard good things about it so il be watching this one m8. Also casy jones, never had heard of it, its trainwreck x thai, is that right? Anyway, sounds lovely lol . Again, looking forward to seein this one grow out.

Il hang around m8, prob wont have alot of advice to offer as im still on my first grow, but il certainly try bud.

Good work so far mate. Keep it up ! :smoking::wave:

19. very nice man!!

don't worry about a single leaf.. only if it starts spreading.

Casey Jones? Very nice score dude.. i almost got my hands on a pck of seeds.. but stopped bidding after the price got to $500 LOL

cheers man, great seeing you around the boards again!

20. Welcome to my grow mate, make yourself comfy :smoking:

Yay, Adub! You made it over lol, yeah it feels good to be back and I've started the journal to make sure I'm here for good again :D

I have a confession.... everyone keeps complimenting my strain "selection" but I got 'em by accident! I was expecting 4 Trainwreck clones but these are the ones that turned up, I hadn't even heard of Island Sweet Skunk or Casey Jones either! The more I read, the luckier I feel. I am defo happy with the way it turned out :cool:

Anyway, I've taken some cuts from them tonight. I've taken 4 each of the 3 strains and there are a couple of pics below. As always, comments welcomed :)

Attached Files: