stealth grow homebuilt

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by thevaleyhaze420, Mar 26, 2010.

1. ok this is a post of my own personal plant that im not sharing.

i moved into a house with a bunch of friends and while i was moving in i noticed a little almost 3 1/2 ft tall locker that said green bay packers on it. i opened it up and it had a little shelf in it with a peg board backing. soo i had made a cloner from a cardboard box awhile ago and never put it to use so i cut it up and put the shiny sides(aluminum tape) of the box inside taped to the walls and put two light sockets in the back of the peg board and a 12v comp. fan inbetween the two lights pointing down towards the plant. then to hide the light i put two lightwieght blankets to block the light. im also running this on 24 hours of light through veg. cycle with fox farm big grow nutes 6-4-4

the things i used:
    1 salvaged free footlocker (green bay packers)
    two lights sockets
    2 23 watt cfl's(one daylight and the other is cool white)
    bucket with soil
    aluminum tape
    blankets
    12v comp. fan and power supply
    [​IMG]
    this is it with lights on and you really cant tell its their unless you already know
    [​IMG]
    this is its opened light on and fan on, the plant is only 2 days old
    [​IMG]
    this is the lights and the fan
    [​IMG]
    this is it growing in dirt only 2 days old but twice as tall as the previous night

if you have any comments or suggestions feel free, more pics too come trust me i will keep this thread updated every week

Attached Files:

2. its been about two weeks and there is a couple of things i have changed to it, i took the backing off of the box i was using and installed a window fan that has forward and reverse speeds, i completely changed out the dirt and plant in favor of a kush seed and a D.W.C. setup with fox farm grow big nutes 6-4-4 and two 23 watt daylight cfl's. im not sure why the other plant died, it wasnt yellow, or over watered or anything it just simply died on me so i figured since i have all the parts to build a d.w.c. setup i might as well. hey i no it looks ghetto, but this plant has taken off since i put it in there. the temp. is anywhere from 68f to 76f and the humidity is somewhere around 60%. i have it on 18/6 light schedule and 1/4 strength nute's dose rite now.

[​IMG]
    ok this is the new fan and lights setup, those fans are ridiculous, i have to tweak it alot to keep it just rite in there

[​IMG]
    this is after only i think 3 days of being in here, the a jiffy starter pod surrounded by aqua rocks, works pretty well and cheap too

[​IMG]
    this is a shot of it actually working, my homemade netty pot, like i said ghetto system but hey it works

well thats it for the update more too come

Attached Files:

3. ok just moved my box into the closet for easy hide ability and to get it away from my window seeing as i like to have my room cold so i keep my window open all night and the water temp/box temp drops alot at night i think surronded by all the shit in my closet it should be not prob. keeping the inside just right at night and making the fans/lights harder to notice.
    heres a pic of the new surroundings:

its the little green bay packes box on the bottom right, notice you can barely see any light
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. That's pretty cool. Nice build, could use some fans and what not but still looks pretty good. Keep the pics coming. :p

5. i got those window fans i think there rated at somewhere around 200 cfm with both of them on high and there both are 8 or 9 inch fans and they are reversible soo i think im covered, at least i hope soo

6. well i have a update, not sure if you can see in the picture but im starting to grow the second set of leaves and i have started my 1/4 dose of nutes today ff 6-4-4 grow big. hopefully by the start of next week i will have a small root mass coming outta my netty pot.
    and with both fans on medium(one on intake and the other on exhaust) it stays around 82F at 23% humidity and it seems to like it, also it seems to want to stay at 6.5-7.0ph all the time soo i think i want to see how that goes just leaving the ph alone, but making sure it doesnt raise/drop more than that.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

7. Nice setup man, very stealth. Makes a perfect small veg chamber or cloner! I think the pH should be on the lower side of your range, if I'm not mistaken. I'm a soil guy anyway, so take this for what it's worth.

Also, what happens when you outgrow the jiffy pellet? Are you modifying the cloner and staying with the hydro setup?

8. the roots are growing thru the jiffy pellet and into the rocks then out into the water/reservoir, and i will change it to 6.0ph tomm. when the lights come back on, and i was goint to use it as a cloner and seein as my roomates and me are growing in a storage closet i just built this to harvest my own, personal stash, because i hate runnin out

9. that was a pretty clever idea with the window fans looks like its going good so far keep it up man oh and i hope that busch light didnt go to waste.

10. man you know i did waste that, i got high forgot about it and started building my dwc stuff for the box

11. oh well its only busch:rolleyes:

12. ok soo finally i got a good camera with macro and i got a new fan all i no is that the fan spins at 1450rpm and im using it as a exhaust and it blows my plant all around nice and pretty much suctions my door shut.

this is day 6
    [​IMG]

the new sweet ass fan
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

13. thats a pretty gnarly fan man it looks like it might cause mini tornados or somthin.

14. dude it did i had it turned the other way at first and turned it on, it looked like my plant was in a hurricane!

15. soo i went to sleep last night my thought was "damn the inner leaves look yellow and why arent they growing?" well today when i woke up and its only day 7 of this plant and i have ten leaves, the starters, the two big ones, the two new leaves and then these new set of leaves that i will post later tonight, they popped in a X pattern in the middle of my two leaf set, this thing is taking off on a 1/4 dose of nutes. pics later tonight

16. ok i promised pics, just wish i didnt have to post them with the camera phone. soo i was just scrolling through here and found someone had almost the same light setup but used a round reflector that just sat ontop of the lights, so i went to the garage and found one. soo i think it will make a nice improvement, damn if my little box doesnt get more offical everyday. but i figured out why the leaves were yellow, my ph was at like 7.5-8.0 so i dropped it down to 6.0-6.5, hope this works better.....

DAY 7
    [​IMG]

heres the new light setup
    [​IMG]

well i prob. put more up tomorrow if theres any change

Attached Files:

17. Stealth baby!
    Hey I would cover the plat with foil so that the light doesn't hit the perlite. Algae can grow on perlite if it has nutes.
    Looking good :wave:

18. actually that's just aquarium rocks, not perlite, but will it do the same? i have some mylar to lay down there, just not sure if it would help all that much, but i will if it will actually doo somthing and not get in the way

19. nice grow do u know what kind it is?

20. i have no idea, but its gotta be good this thing is growing crazy, seein as i dont have alot of grow's under my belt personally, but i have helped on alot before this one, i never noticed how much these things grow when the lights turn off, its crazy i go to sleep and wake up with a diff plant in my room