guess i better start my journal..papaya and unknown

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by wesside, Mar 18, 2010.

1. hi everybody! well i started flowering my girls so i decided if i was gonna do a journal now would be the time. I have two nirvan papaya fem and two unknown bagseeds. the bag seed was pretty good with the seeds in it so i am hoping i can make it bettter without seeds.

All 4 plants are showing female traits. the bagseed are two months old today. 1 papaya is a week behind and the other is about 10 days behind. all were put into 12/12 yesterday.
    they are under a 400w hps.
    i should have started my journal sooner, but flowering is the fun part anyways. we are looking at 7-8 weeks for the papaya and we have to play it by ear for the unknowns.
    the papaya are indica dominant (completely obvious) and the unknow look more sativa.

i will put up new pics in a few days of the individual ladies. stay tuned,:smoking:

Attached Files:

2. Hola Wes, you're right man flower is the fun part especially in journal.

Cpl ?'s, did you hit any snags with the papaya and if so what should i watch for? Your plants look killer, keep doin what you do man I'll stay tuned in on this for updates.

3. well its been 3 full days of 12/12 now. yesterday i transplanted my biggest ones into 5 gal buckets with some ffof. I gave the oldest papaya some of her first bloom nutes. the youngest papaya was just transplanted a few days ago into some fresh fox farm in 3 gal buckets, so i wont be giving her any nutes for atleast a week.

one of my unknown strain is already starting to form its first bud on top. wow, its only been three days. but she did veg for 2 months so i think she is ready to pop. haha.
    anyways here are some pics from today. first two are the budding unknown. the next is the other unknow. then both unknowns together. after that is the oldest papaya and then the youngest, and then both of them together. :smoking:(if i can get all the pics to upload)

sorry cant upload pics now. i will try later.

4. ok i cant seem to upload my bigger pictures so i dont have any of the new forming bud but i still have all the individual plants and the sisters together.

Attached Files:

5. #6 wesside, Mar 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2010
    4 days now. woo hoo, just chuggin right along. my youngest papaya is started to form a bud on the top cola already. everything is going great so far.

Attached Files:

6. Wes they're running wild in there, how's the smell? Killer plants sir.

7. hey man whats up? yeah they are definately running wild, the two unknowns might end up reaching the top of the tent. but the smell is not bad at all, yet. i do have my carbon filter and that definately helps. but i dont really smell anything until i start touching them and then my fingers stink pretty nice. i bet in a couple weeks though ill have no difficulty smelling them.

8. Hey Wes I just realized...not only do you have some beauties but bro these things are going to get HUGE! In about 4 or 5 wks we gonna have to send a search party into that jungle to find you man. That 2 month veg on the unknown is gonna yield you a monster harvest.

9. thats exactly what im hoping for. they were both fim'd and then topped too, so they both have multiple colas and they are almost 3ft tall. man, after i check on them i gotta wash my hands so im not walking around smelling like some dank. the other day i told you they weren't smelling too much yet, but that is changing each day. im already getting impatient but i know i have a long way to go. i figure if you are gonna do it then do it all the way right. no shortcuts.
    i think i might be able to pull a half lb out of the four, but we'll see.
    im hoping to get a nice head high out of the unknowns and then the great stoniness out of the papaya. the best of both worlds.

10. #11 wesside, Mar 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2010
    not a whole lot of news to report. yesterday i gave the youngest papaya its first bloom ferts after transplanting to a 3gal pot. she took them well with no negative side effects.
    here are some pics of the biggest unknown just because im bored.:smoke:

Attached Files:

11. How's your root system going? Just wondering if you have had any probs with them getting bound at all. I'm starting to see root ends come out of the drain holes in my 5 gallon planters.

12. #13 wesside, Mar 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2010

you know i had them in 3qt pots before i put them in 3 gal and the roots were obviously coming out the bottom, but when i transplanted them there were no signs of being root bound at all. ive 'heard' if the root tips start poking through the bottom then they are getting too much water as to where the roots start going to the bottom of the pot to get all the excess water. but ive also heard if you can see the roots poking through then you have a healthy root system that is actively seeking water. in the 5gal you will have no worries of being root bound unless you veg them for like 6months lol. (wouldnt that be an awesome plant)

13. Very Nice grow can't wait to see the buds on those bagseeds. Looks like it goona take a few weeks longer than that papaya, but that my guess. it'll make it a bit easier for the trim tho.

14. hey firehose! thanks for stoppin by. yeah the bagseed are definately more sativa-ish and plan on them taking a few more weeks since the papaya is indica dominant. the unknowns are starting to skyrocket. both should have some really sweet buds.

15. #16 wesside, Mar 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2010
    DAY 9 of flower. all 4 have the beautiful beginnings of buds already. here are some random pictures from today.

well sometimes this site doesnt let you upload pics..... ill get them up later.

Attached Files:

16. Day 11 of flowering...
    i did a little semi flush on the 2 papaya. they looked to have a little too much N. i thought it would be good to do it and then start on steady bloom nutes the next watering.
    the two unknowns are looking mighty proper. i think ill do a semi flush on them tomorrow and then start steady bloom nutes on them also. they look to have a touch of K def and i just wanna make sure the ph is steady.

pics later

17. here are some pics:smoke:

Attached Files:

18. more pics

Attached Files:

19. Wes...you're gonna have an arseload of ganja :smoking:! Those papaya are super dark green, prepping them for flower sounds like a great idea.

Are you going to use any kinda of clearing agent or straight water?