First grow ever, please send Knowledge and love

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by ridesdeepsnow, Mar 1, 2010.

1. #1 ridesdeepsnow, Mar 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2010
    I wanted t

2. Thats a sick cab, I wish I had that extra 18". I'm keeping an eye on yours to. :) You are so lucky to be able to just pick up clones like that. I wish I had a source for them here.

I'm looking forward to the photography as well, what lens do you have on your Nikon? I have a D60 with a Nikor 18-55 vr. We should share photo tips as we get on with things.

3. I just started as well. Don't got much knowledge but I'll send you good vibes :hello:

4. :hello:
    Thanks Bonglord, working hard on it and am proud, just tweaking and learning. +REP for you

:wave:
    Sending you the good ole' vibes as well REP+

5. #5 ridesdeepsnow, Mar 2, 2010
    So day 2 has about 6 minutes left and I thought I better update, took some pictures after my trip to the local Hydro store.

6. Sup dude good luck. Thanks for commenting on my electric situation. Looks as if you will have a good grow if you keep up your research. How far away do you keep you 1000w from you plants. Read my grow to get pointers if you haven't already. Peace man.

7. :wave:

I bought them as clones from a dispensary in Santa Monica 2 weeks ago, I transplanted them to 3 gallon pots and placed them outside since. Last 2 weeks has rained a lot for LA standards almost freakishly. Temps have been about 57F lows/72F highs but its still feburary and the little light we get during the day is OK but thats over and I moved them to the tent Saturday night, Sunday was Day 1 tent style and Monday was day 2.
    I set the light as far as I could 44" for day 1 and lowered it to 36" for Monday(day 2).

I will lower it after Tuesday's full cycle that ends at midnight to 30", then to 24" for Thursday, to 20" for friday. Then I can tweak it just a little until I find the SWEET SPOT

Thanks for writing, I really admire your shit, I would really be honored if you could follow my grow and throw any info you can my way

Thanks, 5000:D

8. #8 ridesdeepsnow, Mar 3, 2010
    :hello::D:hello::D:hello::D

9. #9 ridesdeepsnow, Mar 4, 2010
    I just started noticing this on one plant

10. #10 ridesdeepsnow, Mar 4, 2010
    well DAy 4 is n

11. #11 HATEu4NOW, Mar 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2010
    I'm not exactly sure what this is on you Skywalkers. Is it on the plant or is it the plant. But all of your plants have deficiencies, no doubt. They are all light green which is unhealthy. What are you feeding them and how often, or are your nutes mixed into the soil. Maybe you didn’t mix enough in. Every 2/3 watering use Jack Brer Molasses, 1Teaspoon per gallon. This will help provide even amounts of Magnesium Iron and Calcium 3 essential nutes for the plant all through its life. This will help them keep dark green and also helps but on bud while in flowering. I also use 1 drop SuperThrive per gallon every 1/3 watering for VEG. And for FLR I use 1 drop Flouralicious per gal 1/3 watering. Check out my grow, in detail I go over what I use and how I grow in soil. Also I have links to all of my products with descriptions so you can better understand and purchase online with ease.

Also it’s clear as day that your pots are taking up over 75% of the space in there. I told you this is no good, also it really cramps work space man.

Anyways those 6 Sour Diesel will be amazing, prob the best genetics you have so far. I've smoked much SD in my day and still to date is my favorite smoke. Look out though it reeks to high heaven, like bad bad.

Nways keep it up; looks like things will be good once the plants get bigger. Have you considered 2 600W instead of 1 1000W to help cover more space and give better light distribution? Seriously think about what I've said. Peace.

12. #12 ridesdeepsnow, Mar 5, 2010
    [quote name='HATEu4NOW']I'm no

13. Looking excellent man! I like your setup, very nice job. And you have sour diesel! :love: [​IMG]

Subscribed:wave:

14. I'm excited to see how your Kush Berry and LA Confidential turn out, but I'm worried about your Skywalkers. From the pictures, it looks like it could be powdery mildew. Good luck. Subscribed.

15. Thanks for stopping by bro! When you mentioned topping your bigger plants to stay level- I think a SCROG in your area would be perfect!:D Make em nice and level, spread em out and watch it fill up with sweet sweet cola's! Especially with that 1k watter. :yummy:

16. I thought I didn't have enough room for Scrog. I was you need at least the same amount of space 3 regular plants take for 2 Scrog?

That would be cool if you are right, but as my first grow wouldn't that risky or is it easy?

17. I think it would be fine in that space if you had like a 1/4 less plants, you have a lot though..it'll just be real bushy. It also depends how long you veg them for, and how big they get...If you flower a little earlier you could probably fit all of those plants in a screen. You could really maximize your lighting with leveled out tops, and an even canopy, instead of having a plant in the corner, or having one shorter than the others not getting as much light. Know what i'm saying?:) I am a little buzzed, I apologize.:smoking:

good luck always!

18. #18 ridesdeepsnow, Mar 5, 2010
    How tall would yo

19. I had an 8 bulb T5, and to my experience, you can get the plants very close to the lights. I place mine 2-4" away and they are just seedlings now. They seem to love it. I hope this helps!

20. I am no scrog expert(please someone correct me if wrong), but if I were in the boat you're in I would probably flower at about 2-2.5 feet,(some sativas grow x6 their size when you flower them) then start getting them accustomed to the net.(THAT is, if you choose to scrog all of them)

I would say with 19, cause you can really spread em out and maximize your light, without having a jungle. I think it would work fine though if you had 24 plants, and placed the T5 fixtures vertically on the sides. Pretty much a win/win situation haha, but IMO scrogging would be more efficient.:)

PM rumpleforeskin, he is the man when it comes to these kinds of things. Or go ask questions to people growing using that technique.

Just my 2cents.:wave: