first solid grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by jah421, Feb 24, 2010.

1. #1 jah421, Feb 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2010
    im germing my beans that i bought from attitude must say it took a while but it was well worth it.
    the beans im greming are 1 sweet afgani delicious, 1 master kush,1 king kush, and 1 super lemon haze.
    im growing in the garden of ease hydro system and useing clfs for veging but im planing on buying an hps light for flowering.
    just waiting on the beans to pop.:hippie:

2. heres some pics of my setup and grow room while im waitn on germing..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. make sure you get some fans, and maybe more light

Evil :smoke:

4. k thanks bro im goin today to buy sum more fixtures for the lights and a small desktop fan :D

5. #5 jah421, Mar 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2010
    bump..
    got my sprouts goin but there was one problem the first time i sprouted i didnt soak the rockwools ahaead of time so they burnt up and didnt even grow. then i germed more and put them on top of my tv and they poped in like 3 days but that was on a friday and i left that weekend so when i came back they were already sprouts like 2in long. i had some trouble actually placing them in the rockwools since they were out of the seeds and i didnt want to stress them i got 2 in nicely but the other 2 were kinda sketchy as you can see :(. i need sugestions please help!!??:confused:

DSC_0885.jpg

DSC_0886.jpg

DSC_0887.jpg

DSC_0888.jpg

DSC_0892.jpg

DSC_0890.jpg

DSC_0889.jpg

6. bump!!
    please help :(

7. Are you feeding them or are they just getting water?
    What sort of water?

Tell me everything you can about the seedling'ss lives so far. :)

8. #8 jah421, Mar 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2010
    right now there just sitting in water with a ph of about 5.8 i havent feed them yet i was told that they dont need nutes until like 4 or 5 weeks?i have 6 45 watt cfls on them about 3-4 inches away.today im gunna put them into the hydro system. theve been in the rockwools for about 2weeks.

9. I think they are very over watered, the rw looks very wet. The roots are looking ok tho. You are right not to feed them just yet, I just was trying to work out why they were so discoloured.
    Are they going into hydroton?

10. i just have the rockwools chillin in about a half an inch of water. if they hydroton thing is they hydro system then yes im placing them in this afternoon when my friend gets outa school. should i just keep the rockwools wet insted of letting them sit in water?

11. Yeah, they shouldn't be sitting in water, roots need air too. It's probably why they are so droopy and yellow.

12. aw shit i didnt know that thanks man ill get that water outa there asap. :eek:
    ill post some pics when i get them into the system

13. No worries, Can you get a fan blowing a gentle breeze on them too? It'll strengthen the stems and promote good root growth.

Show us some photos when there in the system. :)

14. #14 jah421, Mar 25, 2010
    got the babys in the sytem today pretty sure bubba kush is gunna die :hide: but the others look good i think:D. the ph is 5.5-6 temp is like 80 i dont know the humidty level.no nutes.

DSC_0895.jpg

power kush
    DSC_0900.jpg
    sweet afgani delicouse
    DSC_0901.jpg
    bubbah kush
    DSC_0903.jpg
    master kush
    DSC_0899.jpg

Attached Files:

15. Looks like at least 3 will survive :hello:

16. i can only hope for the best..:eek:

17. What sort of system is that man? :)

The important thing to remember is that roots need both air and water. Do you know how your system achieves this? :) Are the roots submerged fully in water? If so, is there a pump in the water creating bubbles?

18. its called the garden of ease.
    the water level is right at the bottom of the root baskets. i think so, wont the "tap roots" go into the water and the roots higher up in the rockwool will absorbe the oxygen?
    the pump has a pvc pipe the sticks out like 2in out of the water. and just throws water up and its splashing on the plants roots. sorry im not to fimiliar with hydro grows bare with me lol

19. update
    the bubbah kush looks like a goner there has been no root growth in several days while the others have at leaast an inch of root growth a day. the plants color has change dramaticly from a yellow tint to a lush green :D cant wait to see what theses upcoming weeks will bring.

20. #20 jah421, Mar 30, 2010
    here are some pics. ph is between 5.5-6 temp is 85.they have been in the system for a week and are lookin great! except the bubbha kush sadly im going to pull it out of the system tonight :(

sweet afgani
    DSC_0904.jpg
    power kush
    DSC_0905.jpg
    master kush
    DSC_0906.jpg
    bubba kush
    DSC_0907.jpg
    master kush roots
    DSC_0908.jpg