sTb's closet ScrOG -- Raspberry Cough -- FF soil, 600w MH & HPS (PICS)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by SlowBurn, Jan 31, 2010.

1. #1 SlowBurn, Jan 31, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
    Variety and # of seeds planted: 5 (five) Fem'd Nirvana Raspberry Cough -- http://www.nirvana-shop.com/en/raspberry-cough-feminized-5-seeds.html
    Closet size: 2 feet deep X 4.5 feet wide X 8 feet tall
    Medium: FFLW for seedlings; FFOF for veg & flower
    Nutes: AN'S Organic Iguana Juice "Grow" for veg & Iguana Juice "Bloom" + "Bud Candy" for flower.
    Lights: 600w MH for veg; 600w HPS for flower
    Date seeds were germ'd and planted: 1/30/10

------------------------------------------------------------------

PIC UPDATE for Tuesday BELOW-- 2/09/10 -- Day 8 of VEG

So I thought I would give y'all a chance to see my little grow closet. It's not big but I'm thinking I can ScrOG 2-3 good size plants....we shall see anyway...

First, as you can see I lost a little seedling since my last post. I debated on whether to pull her but looks like she made the decision for me. But no bother...the other 3 are FEM's and are looking great.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Looks like you got a good start, man- hopefully those seeds will make nice girls for you. Your closet is like mine, except you've done a fab mylar job on yours and mine is lined in some ancient attic insulation, it's actually a paper mounted tin foil! Like they say not to use!

Looks good and clean. Subscribed.

3. 1) Don't bother. Can do more harm than good. So yes.
    2) Sure, just keep an eye on 'em for a day or two after you do it, but they are plenty big. So yes.
    3)Absolutely not! Even if they are femmed there is much that could happen to its sisters! Do not throw it out unless you must, and it's way too early to tell who's gonna be a monstah. So no.

I'm on my first grow but those are my opinions. Take 'em or leave 'em!

4. bump ~ pics updated

5. #5 SlowBurn, Feb 16, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2010
    DAY 14 of VEG-- 16 days since seeds were planted -- All 3 were topped a few days ago -- Watered with 25% strength nutes yesterday (AN's Organic Iguana Grow)

They look fairly compact and short so far...guess that's good for a sativa....we'll see if they stay that way...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. DAY 16 -- So I started training for my ScrOG today...I'm using hemp twine and crimp weights...(see pic)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. #7 SlowBurn, Feb 20, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
    ALSO.....do these damn plants look like any sativa you have ever seen??? I mean they are 3 inches tall and are so thick with growth and leaf sets you can hardly see the main trunk. They are supposed to be Raspberry Cough (purchased from Attitude). To me they have all the characteristics of an indica....anybody else out there ever grow this strain?

I really don't like the couchlock of most indicas so I'm gonna be pretty upset if I put in months of work and end up with the equivalent of Nyquil. :mad: Although I think they are gonna do great in a ScrOG set-up. :D

8. DAY 20 since seeds touched dirt -- I just finished topping all sites on each plant...maybe 5-7 per plant. I also removed the hemp string I was using to "train" my girls. I don't think height is going to be an issue.

And I know I just posted an update a few of days ago...but look at the explosion of growth over the last FIVE days. These things are thick with new growth.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Here are a couple of shots to give some perspective as to height to width ratio...do these look like any sativa you have eve seen? I'm starting to wonder if I received the wrong beans.....:confused:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. So I thought I would get rid on the dumb box my girls were sitting on and get them down in their final resting place of the PVC tub. The only reason I had them up on a box was because my ducting for my hood wasn't long enough to extend the light. Well, my A/C ducting was WAY too long so snip, tape, drop and WALLA!....600 watts of MH showering over my girls.

Anyway, everything is going great. All of the bud sites I FIM'd/topped the other day are starting to grow new stems.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Hey man, girls are looking good! Ill be tuning in to see how it goes, Im thinkin bout this strain for down the line.

In terms of sativa or indica or whatever, I know rasbery cough has some indica in its lineage... but you will definitely be able to see the sativa influences come flowering! Thats when girls show their true colors.

Nice grow man, can't wait for the weeks to come!

Also, I have the same little fan in my grow room, haha :) Thinking about getting a new one, she isn't blowing hard enough on all my girls :(

12. #12 SlowBurn, Feb 28, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
    Norcali,

Thanks bro..I have put alot of time into my closet and everything seems to be paying off. The temps are starting to rise during the day outside. So I am going to ad an inline boost fan to my A/C coming into the closet. Should help in keeping nice fresh air too.

I was really worried I had a stoney indica on my hands but I'm going to see how they flower. I have topped/FIM'd the shit out of them so I'm sure that's helping keep them low for my ScrOG. I did email Nirvana with pics and they agreed with you that they will take on more sativa traits as they flower...but went ahead and sent me 5 new FEM's seeds just to be on the safe side. Can you believe that shit??? They have made a customer for life.

Stay tuned for some serious stanky dank (hopefully) :smoking:

SB

13. DAY 27 since seeds were planted ~ Just gave my girls their second dose of full strength nutes. They are healthy and green and have really filled out. I think their growth was a little stunted over the last week or so since topping/FIM'ing them so much.

I also added a little feminine touch to the closet...I felt like my girls deserved it. (I was having trouble re-opening this screw vent once closed anyway) :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is a bit of new growth ...taken a couple days ago

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Alice is the shit man. Nirvana has excellent customer service, excellent. Glad they resolved that for you.:hello:

15. Nice grow man, looking great, love the sleek cab look too.

16. lookin great, surprized how bushy they are for sativa even at this stage!

I'll be keeping an eye open.

17. Nice setup!! Looks like those little girls are gonna s-t-r-e-t-c-h once your start flowering. :smoking:

18. niamert,

This is my 2nd grow (my 1st were nice specimens but all male). I have topped/FIM'd these quite a bit although they would have probably remained on the short side anyway.

So you think I should flower with say 50% of my screen full...?

Anyone else have an opinion?

19. #19 SlowBurn, Mar 4, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2010
    32 DAYS since seeds hit dirt

So I did some solid pruning of my fan leaves a couple of days ago. These girls are so compact that half of my bud sites were covered.

I also had another topping/FIM fest this morning. I have snipped all my sites twice now and am done. Now I just baby them and let em grow. My screen will sit at around 12 inches and my girls are around 6-7 inches tall now. I figure the screen will go down in another 20-30 days.

You'll probably notice these pics seem out of order according to their # and placement...every 3-4 days I move each plant directly under the light depending on which seems to be the smallest at the time.

Hey...how about y'all help me name my girls....I'm tired of calling them "number 1,2 and 3".... suggestions?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. That is shitty my friend!! :(

I have never used the screen method. I just let my girls go this time. This is my 2nd grow. My first was about 8 years ago. (there's a few pics in my grow thread). I didn't really start exploring on the grow forums until after I had started my grow. I got some Durban's which are really starting to stretch. I'm curious as to how high they will get?

Anyways, I was curious as to what your light settings were? I always give my plants a little darkness. I think I did 20 - 4 the first time. I did 22 - 2 this time because I knew they would stretch enough.

I always call my plants by species/number. Makes it easier to remember :)