Legal Grow, Hydro Ebb & Gro 1st Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by 818KUSH, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Hey Everyone :wave:I'm preparing to start my first grow.
    A legal grow set up in two walk in closets each aprox 6'x6' in size.
    I am using the Ebb & Gro bucket system with 24 buckets in each room.
    I plan on Vegging with (2) 400 watt MH HID's
    and Flowering under (2) 1000 watt HPS HID's
    hopefully some of you will come along for the ride and help me through these exciting times.

2. I just finished building the first grow room for vegging in.
    I have added a second 400 watt light on a light hanger and an oscillating fan since i snapped these pics. I think it's coming along nicely so far. Supposed to pick up my clones this weekend. Not sure what my buddy has waiting for me, I believe he has some HogsBreath waiting for me and he wasn't sure about the other. I think I may pick up just a couple of another friend's Super Silver Haze Crossed with OG. It's supposed to yield very well.
    I was also thinking of picking up a couple of Oaksterdam University's Nursery clones from my local dispensary... Any thoughts on this?[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. Veg Room Setup Pics Part 1

Attached Files:

4. I have added the second 400 watt MH HID on a light hanger as well as an Oscillating fan.:D

Attached Files:

5. The Grow Rooms
    2 6'x6' walk in closets with Mylar walls and Black & White Poly on the Floors.

The Vegging room has A hydroponic Ebb & Gro bucket system running 24 buckets filled with hydroton. They are running off of a 55 gallon reservoir.
    I'm lighting the room with (2) 400 watt MH Hid lights
    I'm cooling the room with a 4"inline fan and ducting pumping the heat out at 165 CFM.

My Flowering room is going to have another Ebb & Gro Hydro setup running 24 buckets pretty much the same except I have (2) 1000 watt HPS HID lights.
    And Im bumping up the inline fan and ducting to 8" at 700 CFM

I plan on using GH nutrients

Vegging for 3 to 4 weeks max
    and flowering for about 8 weeks
    any thoughts?

Attached Files:

6. Yay! filled up the Res and have been running a few fill and drain cycles with just tap water.
    So excited, hoping to get the clones going in the system this weekend.
    Is there anything else i should do to prepare my res?
    should i start my babies on just water for the first couple weeks? or a real weak batch of over-dilluted nutrients?

7. Haaa feeling kinda crazy on here talking to myself.. but I dont care!
    if this helps anyone out there in any way, it serves it's purpose. Even if it ends up being a journal of what not to do.

8. Yooo whats good man.. so youre from 818 too huh.. wooord valley heads represent!! hehe i dig the set up homeboy.. what strains you got going? anywho Thanks for checkin my journal, ill be watchin yours aswell... be safe mang

9. Oh yeah GrEight-One-Eight Reperesent!
    thanks, I'm not sure what im getting yet, still waiting for my boy to kick down some clones.
    Cant wait to get started hopefully this weekend, im really hoping for some kind of bomb OG since thats pretty much all I mess with.
    Yo Im up on that LA Graf and underground scene as well...
    Good luck to you and yours... cant wait to see how it all goes down!
    Stay Fresh And Blessed

-@#$% ONE

10. Should i spray my clones down with Neem oil or something else before introducing them to my system to be safe?
    Is this common practice for most of you?
    or am i just over-complicating things?

11. VERY Nice set up....

I would stay away from introducing any insecticide or the like to your grow BEFORE you have problems... Spider mites and little critters have a way of becoming immune to stuff pretty quickly... and if you introduce it too early it may not work when you need it to..

Also... I have gotten some clones from a dispensary before and they were very nice and worked out GREAT... I would HIGHLY suggest looking into buying clones from a dispensary well worth the money... I think I paid $20 a piece or something... that is an amazing price for a well rooted FEMALE clone..... way better than starting from seed.

:hello: Oh yea... subscribed and +rep....!!!!

12. Thanks BudStoned, Thats makes perfect sense.. and saves me another trip to the hydro store. Glad I asked!
    :)
    Yeah all of my clones are coming from a couple dispensaries owned by friends. Mostly from 1 but I wanna try a few from another. (i heard it's best to stick with 1 strain, what do you think?)
    I was thinking of trying like a few buckets of something different

Im not gonna even try the seed route.

13. I wouldn't go the seed route if I didn't have to... and as far as one strain goes... IMHO
    I go with multiple strains, maybe two or three to start. That way you can see which one works best and you will also have more than one kind of bud to harvest which would be nice... a couple of different bags for your friends to try...:D

I started with one strain because that is all I had... but once I got started I wanted more so I have the four strains going now.... If one of these strains turns out to be really good... I'll keep more of that in the next grow... and get rid of the ones that do not perform. Once I have done this for awhile.. I should have a couple of tried and proven strains. :smoking:

14. Aww Man! My friend who is supplying me with the majority of my clones just let me know that my clones will not be ready until next weekend.
    I was hoping to get them tommorrow :(
    Which means I won't want to start the 6 my other friend has for me yet since I don't want them on different schedules or over-vegging.

So It's another week of waiting!

15. nice setup man! i will be taking a ride on your magic carpet journal, good luck!!!

16. Thanks, Since I have a week to kill think I'm gonna make a DIY aeroponic cloner, and construct something to contain a couple of mothers to take cuttings from.
    This way I can perpetually harvest every 8 weeks, and be self sufficient.
    (well at least with clones)

I will also start working on setting up the second grow room for flowering.

17. I was thinking of building a seprate space on the top of my veg'n closet to hold a couple of mothers. I was planning on doing them in soil under flourescents to slow there growth as much as possible. sounds good.......
    but to be honest i am a little more worried about pests introducing soil into my otherwise "sterile" hysro environment. And I will also have to study up on growing in soil real quick.
    Besides the fact that I will have to spend money on another light.

So I was thinking I could add a couple more hydro buckets to my system and start two clones intended as mothers in them. I can LST them and kind of keep them off to the side with the rest of my babies. This seems like a cheap easy solution.

Does this sound realistic?

Hopefully some of you have some insight on this.

18. Yooo.. i would agree with that other dude.. i would get different strains.. i actually have 3 different ones going on in mine.. but thats just my opinion G... You should just start vegging the 6 you got. it would only be a week difference.. and you would have 6 that would yield a little more.. thats my opinion, and as far as over vegging you cant.. unless you dont have the space for their growth.. then it would probably be a problem but i doubt a week would make a huuge difference.. Annyway, whats good man so you write too?

19. Cool, Just to clear things up... I dont have the 6 clones yet.
    They are gonna be picked up tomorrow. I plan on picking up 3 different kinds tomorrow.
    Master Kush
    Platinum OG
    and havn't decided on the last yet
    I am hoping to grow them into strong mothers.
    then next weekend I will get the majority of my babies.
    Still waiting to find out what kind they will be.

I'm not worried about space at all while vegging, only concerned about space while flowering.
    but Danny your comment has put me at ease.

Yeah I used to get up alot... been in the game for a minute!

20. Gonna pick up a few clones today.
    should i start my babies on just water for the first couple weeks? or a real weak batch of over-dilluted nutrients?