Fem Mango, Fem G-Bomb, BlueberryXKushXRomulanX?, Bagseed, Multi-strain Grow Journal

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by piper32, Jan 19, 2010.

1. I am linking my other, separate grow journals into one.
    All journals and threads are in my signature to get caught up!
    I will start it off with an update of the current situation:

Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil
    Earth Juice Grow, Bloom
    1000w HPS light

BlueberryXKushXRomulanX? Sprouted on 1/10/10
    [​IMG]

Feminized G-Bomb Sprouted on 1/07/10
    [​IMG]

White Dwarf Sprouted on 1/02/10
    [​IMG]

Unknown Bagseed named "Fatty" cuz of the fat leaves it has. Sprouted on 1/07/10
    [​IMG]

And then there is the 4 feminized Mango that have yet to shed the shells but have sprouted and are looking very promising.

All of the plants got a 1/3 strength solution of nutes when they showed 3rd set of leaves. Obviously, on all plants but the G-Bomb I over fertilized. Dark green tips that have curled under is classic sign of this. So I flushed the White Dwarf and the Fatty as they showed the worst signs of it. The Blueberry cross is starting to show more signs of it as the days go by but not as sudden as the others did so I am gonna see how the flush went with the other 2 plants and then go accordingly from there with the Blueberry cross. The G-Bomb seems to be loving the nutes so far as the leaves are almost bigger than the White Dwarf plant by itself!

I have been having some humidity issues I think because I never see levels over 25%. I have seen it as low as 0% humidity. This is a large closet that is attached to my kitchen. I already have to keep the door open to control temperatures. Stealth really isn't an issue, so the light all over the place is more of an annoyance than a problem. I would have to put holes in the walls or doors to get ventilation going in there and that is not an option as to I am a renter. I need advice and help on how to deal with the low humidity so if anyone can lend me their expertise, I would greatly appreciate it and dole out REP accordingly.

Thank you for joining me in this ride as I am sure great things are to come!

2. Oh yeah. The temps don't stray from 75F to 82F.

3. bump bump

4. nice strain selection mango is a nice strain how long u gonna veg b4 12/12

5. I had a similar issue with humidity, so I picked up a cheap humidifier from WalMart for like 30$. I have the change the water every 24hrs but it keeps my humidity levels between 30 and 40 percent. Hope that helps...

6. I haven't thought about that yet. I don't have a proper veg room so I am gonna get some T5 lights for a veg room and make this room with the hps a flowering room to achieve the goal of a reoccurring harvest. Any suggestions?

7. You rock. I will check that out. Any idea on whether or not the light is a problem with humidity? Does it need to be enclosed? It is just a wing reflector.

8. G-Bomb
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Blueberry cross
    [​IMG]

Fatty
    [​IMG]

White Dwarf
    [​IMG]

9. Mango on the right
    [​IMG]

10. Note to self: If you are gonna wash your socks in the kitchen sink with bleach then don't hang them in the grow room to dry because if you don't rinse all of the bleach out it will
    moisturize the air with bleach and then your plants will breathe that air and look like this

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:( at my plants. :mad: at myself.

these pics were last night. today they look much better and have recovered slightly. I assume it will take a couple of days of good circulation to get them back to 100%.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

11. may i suggest a resize of your pictures......

nice grow so far, and they call it weed for a reason;);)

good luck man

12. Actually there is some good news today! The White Dwarf has shown female pistils. I kinda think this is hilarious because the plant is fucking 3 inches tall. So that should yield a nice fat ten sac; twice what I paid for the seed. I am never buying dwarf plants again.

13. Something is seriously wrong with this plant and I have no idea what it is. Can anyone help?
    Older growth has major yellowing between veins, leaves feel crispy, edges curled upwards. Here are some pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also . . . . if your pH meter read this what would you say your pH was:

[​IMG]

14. I just enjoy large, high resolution pictures. Thanks for the praise and stopping by.:wave:

15. [​IMG]

pic of all plants. blueberry cross bottom left corner, fatty(unknown bagseed) to the right of it and you can see the yellowing between veins from a mile away in this pic. White Dwarf bottom right corner. G-Bomb up top in large bucket. 3 seedlings are the Mango. Everything else is flowers and herbs.

16. I thought I would add some recent events a little more about the plants' life.

Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil
    Earth Juice Grow - Given 1/4 strength when plant was about 3 weeks old.
    plant is in veg 1000w hps since January 2nd(sprouted)
    I figured it was over fertilized when leaf tips curled downward so I flushed the soil for about 5 minutes with pH'd water
    watering schedule is about once a week

17. fuck. grow bible says MG def. I hope using the catalyst will help but if not I will get a micro nutrient formula. Can anyone suggest a good one with proven results?

18. White Dwarf
    [​IMG]

Blueberry cross
    [​IMG]

G-Bomb
    [​IMG]

3 Mango I managed to get all 3 phenotypes YEAY!!!
    [​IMG]

Full shot with purple strain bagseed on far right
    [​IMG]

Mag def fixed
    [​IMG]

19. #19 piper32, Feb 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2010
    I took clones 3 days ago to determine sex of the Blueberry cross and the unknown bagseed purple strain. They look great. 4 blueberry on the left and the unknown 4 on the right.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Peat pots with pure Coconut Coir soaked in Earth Juice Rootstock and given an inch of fresh water in the tray every 2 days. Under 12/12 light schedule under 2 6500k 26watt and 2 3100k 46 watt cfls. Clones dipped into Dip N' Grow Cloning solution

20. Looking good. Subscribed. Wanna see how the mango develops. And if you insist on large high res images (which i also like) may i suggest expandable thumbnails or something, for easier viewing?