~~~MJ's FIRST GROW JOURNAL!!!! 600watt 4x4 Tent grow~~~

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by mattyj734, Jan 11, 2010.

1. #1 mattyj734, Jan 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2010
    Everyone hit me with all the criticism, questions and or comments you have! I want this to be a learning experience, and if i can teach anyone anything that'd be great too!!! The ones that are 29days in flower ill take pics as soon as lights come on! :cool:

2. #2 mattyj734, Jan 11, 2010
    K heres a few... 3 young mothers, Cotton Candy, Lemon Kush, and unkown... few day old clones from the DIY aero-cloner of white widow, cotton candy, and lemon kush. and DIY aero-cloner full of cotton candy, and 6 lemon kush. Usually ready to go into medium within 12days.

Attached Files:

3. Looking good man!:hello:
    Tell us about the grow space, how large is it (height & width)?
    What type of ventilation do you have there?
    What nutes are you using?
    How often are you giving nutes?
    Did you top, FIM or LST the plants?

Just some good info to let us know, so we better understand what you got going on. They look nice, and good strain selection. + rep for starting a journal. I am subscribed:smoking:

4. They all look green and healthy. Are pictures 2, 3, & 5 - your mother plants? Are they in flowering? How big are their pots?

The plants in the red solo cups look like they're ready for bigger pots, anytime.

5. #5 mattyj734, Jan 11, 2010
    chickadee, 2 is my cotton candy mother, 3 is lemon kush mother, and 5 is unknown female mother. my white widow mother is about 2 weeks flowering. the mothers 2,3, and 5 are still vegging. they are getting big... maybe 2 ft tall and 2.5 ft wide. they are in 3gallon grow bags. those clones in the red cups just came out of the aero cloner 3 days ago. i was gonna wait until i see roots coming to the holes in the bottoms of the red 16oz cups to trasplant. once the roots are that big, then they can handle the hot ocean forest soil without any burn.
    the plants i have flowering are all unknown really good bagseed, and one white widow about 2 weeks in. the rest are 30days. ill get pics later, i tried lastnite but only got one, cuz my camera died... i used bushmaster twice on all of these on day 12 of flower to stop stretch. they are starting to get super frosty and stinky

Attached Files:

6. PrplHz, for flower the space is a jardine grow tent. its about 4ft x 4ft width, and about 7ft tall. I have a blue vortex 6inch fan and a can filter 33. im using 3gallon grow bags, and Humboldt nutes for flower. this will be the first try with these nutes. im using Humboldt oneness, and Humboldt Ginormous, i also used bushmaster to stop stretch in week 2. this week (week 4) im going to be adding Grotek Monster Bloom up until week 7, thinking about trying gravity in week 6??? i have also been adding 2ml per gallon of humboldt county's own purple maxx, and snowstrorm ultra. i usually give nutes twice a week, and plainwater w/ blackstrap molasses twice a week as well. Once a week i add about 5ml of Cal-mag into the nutes too. all my plants are LST's and have clones taken from them, do i suppose they are topped, and LST'd, right?
    Veg i have 4 T-8 flouros, and a couple 43W CFL too in a closet that is about 4.5 ft long, 3ft wide, and 3.5ft tall. this is where the DIY 25site aero-cloner is and the 3 mothers, along with some more clones i cut. soon as those cotton candies are rooted and out of the cloner, im adding 8 more of each of mother cotton candy, lemon kush, and unknown mother's clones, then the mothers will be transplants and flowered. they will be GIANT~
    The clones get cut and go into the aero-cloner w/ plain water ph 5.5 one drop and thrive alive, and 2.5ml of greenfuse root stimulater per gallon. Then they come out after usually 10-12days and go into 16oz cups of ff light warrior for 5days watered with ph'd water and 3ml per gallon of the root stimulator.. Then on to 1 gallon containers w/ ff ocean forest for 7days they get plain ph'd water. then i slowy introduce the nutes ff Grow big, thrive alive.

7. Looks good dude. Ill be watching, I got pretty much the same set up going.:smoking:

8. I ordered them over the weekend while they were having a special 8-11th. The special was for the lemon skunk, rocklock and skarksbreath. I havent gotten them yet. Probably in the middle of the week.

9. does anyone have a link w/ pics for making hempy buckets? i would like to learn more and try it out...

10. If you go to my blog (link in signature) there is a blog just for the Pure Perlite - and I also think the first page of my pure perlite journal (link in sig) also has pics of my hempys before there was anytihng in them. I added tubing to mine to be able to direct overflow into a bucket (instead of having it on the floor) but htat is optional. Here are the basics of a hempy bucket:

A humpy bucket does not have any drainage holes on the bottom of the bucket. It can be made from any 3-5 gallon bucket (or trashcan, or any other water holding 3-5 gallon thing).

Drill hole(s) 2" above the bottom of the bucket --- a couple ways it can/has been done"
    Drill a single 2" hole and cover with a screen to prevent the medium from coming out (sometimes the medium, can clog the screen, and then you just use a chopstick to unclug it
    I used 2x 1" holes (but if I did it again, I would only do 1x 1" hole cause that would be more convenient, and perfectly adequate). --- With mine (this is optional), I attach tubing to the hole to be able to direct any overflow in a drain container, and I could not use mesh, since I wouldn't be able to clear any clogs - but I have never had a clog, and I've not lost very much medium through my 1" hole.

The hole(s) will serve as the drain holes for excess water. The bottom 2" of the bucket serve as a reservoir for the water.

Then you fill your buckets with a soilless medium such as: hydroton, perlite, perlite/vermiculte, etc, etc

The hempy bucket is then cared for like a hydro system. It uses hydro nutes (from day 1), and water pH should be around 5.8.

Plants are slow to take off, as their tap root much stress down to reach the reservoir in the bottom 2" of the bucket.

Make sense?

It sounds like you have a great plan!!! I like it.

11. Plants look good bro. Where are the ones with issues?

12. they're hiding in the picture with the flowering plants... ill snap some pics tomorrow before lights out. camera needs a charge

13. could i use hydroton in a hempy bucket?

14. :hello: Well alright, I had no clue I was dealing with a pro. Man, + rep, you have done well at setting up your op. It all sounds very good man, Kick Ass journal:hello:

15. It's looking really good! I just started my own grow with a 600 watter as well.
    I hope mine turns out as good as yours are. I'm a soil guy myself... but I enjoy starting in rockwool.
    How many plants have you been able to fit into the grow tent? My closet is basically 4x4 (a touch bigger), and I'm having issues on how many I should go with. I've got 4 in there now, but 7 on the burner to join soon. Wondering if 10/11 plants is too much. I use 5 gl pails. should I space them a bit more?
    Anyways, if you have time, check out my grow journal

Garden of Weeden - ALPHA & OMEGA

Good luck with the grow, can't wait to see how things turn out for ya.

16. just give them lots of love, and treat them right! lol in my tent, i have 10 decent size plants in 3gal grow bags, so you should be good~ just make sure its an even canopy, cuz the lower budsites arent gonna get too much light with that amount of plants... thats what i did at least. Goodluck to ya!!!!! I'm gonna keep an eye on your grow, and see if i can help ya with anything along the way! feel free to ask any questions you might have along the way! :smoking:

17. THANK YOU!!!!! lol by no means am i a pro~ i have ALOT to learn... have you or anyone you know tried out those smart pots? or what about hempy buckets w/ hydroton, and coco?

18. I'm afraid that you will have to look around the City for some info on those. I do not know anything about them. for me I use Deep Water Culture and all my stuff was DIY, so I am not too hip on what is in the stores. Sorry I could not be of more help, but give me a shout if you are interested in DWC.

19. Lots of love is NEVER a problem. I'm going to be adding my OMEGA's to the closet today... kind of excited, but torn cause I have a lot of work a head of me. 6 transfers to 5gl pails.
    Who am I kidding, I love it. Pics will be up as soon as things are done. I'm not one for procrastinating. Pics will be up tonight.

Rock on fellow growers.
    Let your roots be plenty, stems be huge and yields monstrous!

20. i usually do a few at a time, so i dont get bored~!