MasterOGKush's AK-47 Sick Plant Recovery Thread

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by MasterOGKush, Dec 17, 2009.

1. #1 MasterOGKush, Dec 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2009
    Hello everyone, I've decided to turn to the Darkside, take some pictures, and make a journal.

Strand; 4x AK-47
    Sure of this?; I seen the old guys grow room, with 28 plants, it was really really epic looking. I also know that he wouldnt lie to me and give me seeds from weed he never buys or smokes :), He gets his seeds off a Seedbank.

Germination date; Oct 3rd
    Sexing Date; November 29th
    Current Date; December 16th

Flowering for; 17 days

Lighting Setup Used;
    4 Hanging CFL's, 60v sockets ripped out of old lamps from the thrift Market.
    2 Desk Lamps with CFL's
    Size; 150w's

Accessories; 3 Y joint from my local Hardware store.
    3 4 Foot Marijuana Plants
    1 8 Inch Marijuana Plant
    Ph Meter
    Schultz Big Bloom 10-53-10, Also: (Fe-Mn-Zn 0.10%, 0.05%, 0.05%)
    Schultz Liquid Plant Food 10-15-10 Also; (Fe-Mn-Zn 0.10%, 0.05%, 0.05%)
    An 18 Inch Desk Fan
    2 Exhaust Fans, Courtesy of my old computer. Aimed Outide. (Windows 95 lol)
    A humidity meter (Usually around 74-78%)
    Thermometer

Journal Blog; December 16th

I love my 4 ladies, however, after you guys have helped me with a few issues over past few months, I decided to get some REAL help, take some pictures, and not care if somehow I get caught by the cops for posting Weed pictures on the internet.
    :D
    First off, I'd like to welcome everyone, and while I may not be as neat and organized as some of you veterans, I promise that over time my efforts will extend! And you will see better results from this young grower!

No experience, learned everything off these forums. So please, feel free to give me some hell if you really find the need to. :)

What I did;
    Originally, everything was fine.
    My one big mother, into a 8 gallon pot, loving every minute of her life, and I've not had many problems with her.
    I had 2 of them in smaller then I should pots, and they went rot bound, thus killing the bottom leaves of the plant.
    Thus into transplanting, their stems wanted to bend, so a few days of then fan on higher then it should be fixed that. They also seem happier now that they are in bigger pots, but I haven't noticed any new growth.
    Then I bought a ph meter, and laughed when I seen a ph of 11....

I flushed the plants last night in my bathtub, filling to the top, waiting to drain out over the strainer I had them on, and out the drain. Each pot took me about 30 minutes each, considering I only figured I could get a few litres into the pot before it was going to overflow.
    Quite a mess too...my bathroom floor is still alittle brown...
    I put 4 1.25$ Dehumidifer's from my Dollar store into the closet, temporary fix while they are DRENCHED with water.
    I'm not going to feed them either for the next few weeks, just water when they need it.
    Any tips on my stunted plant? I don't think it would survive a full flush....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Baby trichomes today too from the biggest plant :D
    (Which I dont have a high enough res camera to show you all)

2. Hey there buddy, you asked for some input and I try to feed the karma machine as best I can :)

Anyhow, it sounds like you have a pretty bad mix of soil there. Can you give some detail? To be honest, you might be better off getting some new clones rooted & going [instead of/in addition] to repairing this one, it could take a few weeks to recover if you get all the cures right. If you don't get it recovered, you'll have some new girls on the way and won't take such a time hit. In that amount of time you can cut a new clone from the mother and have it off and running in a healthy state.

If you like the soil you have then I'd figure out what shot your ph so high - you said you haven't fed it yet, right? So it's not build up in that case. If you put a good mix together that's ph'd before your plant hits the soil, you'll have a sprinter charging out the gate.

As far as fixing this one, some serious flushing is in order, you need to flush until the run off is where you want it (6.5) and check it every watering. If that doesn't do it, well it gets complicated after that. :(

3. #3 MasterOGKush, Dec 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2009
    Thanks Ed, input greatly appreciated.

I did feed them, Lol, probably way too much.

I used my big bloom stuff, 10-54-10, at 2 1.5 gram scoops per 2 litres, and watered my plants with that.
    .............And I've done this twice in a week...........
    ..................And I mixed the normal plant food thinking it wouldnt hurt.................
    So yea Ed, I can definately see why the ph shot up so much :D

And yea, my ph meter says its about 6.8 now...that's alittle high, but I dont want to flush them again yet....any temporary suggestions to get it lower until the soil's dry?

I used potting soil..
    Also mixed in some perilite.
    http://www.groundskeeperspride.com/images/products/potting_soil/potting-soil.jpg

This was my brand, and same bag, but mine wasn't all natural, mine came with few visible perilite and over stuff/nutrients already in the bag.
    But this was the closest I could find

Thanks again :D

4. ** I'll double post to point out that not all my plants soil's ph was 11.

One was 9.8,
    Another was 7.9,
    The big one was 10,
    My small one, 11

After my flush i'm happy to report readings from 6.8, to 7.3.

But what are some temp fixes I can do like adding something to the soil?

5. Ah ok, yeah sounds like a lot of nutes there :) Since the ph was off then the plant's not really taking in the nutrients and leaving the soil toxified it sounds like. I'm not sure what else you can do now but flush and wait. Soil additives are best done before planting and usually take some time to work - they're not really fast fixes usually.

Well sounds like you have the soil back under control, I would go cut off all the bad leaves and watch the new growth to see if it's happy and keep an eye on the remaining older leaves to see if they start showing ill signs again. If they do then flush the hell out it/them again. If all looks well I'd give them a healthy drink of some organics to pick up. I use Fox Farms Big Bloom - which is bat guano, earthworm castings, seagull shit, & sea kelp mostly. If you have something similar this will help to repair the plant's system a bit, then start feeding again after that.

Other than that I'm not too sure what all to do to fix everything, I think you're done right so far, now it's a matter of time to see if it all worked!

6. #6 MasterOGKush, Dec 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2010
    Pics will be posted tomorrow, three days after flush and with the fans on alittle higher then normal and the dehumidifiers on max lol.
    Humidity's still very high, 79%, but thats because of the amount of water in the pots.
    And I've emptied 2 jugs of water from the dehumidifer.

Time will tell, stay tuned for pictures~

7. #7 MasterOGKush, Jan 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2010
    Ok, It's been 2 weeks since I've had the flush.
    And now I've started to start the biggest plant back on nutes.
    My smallest one died, even after trying to cut it into 4 clones, and under a humidity dome and 24/7 light and root stimulator...and new soil (I have epic bad luck with clones!!)

I'll post pics tonight when I get the chance, they haven't woken up yet.

Stable temperature; 24 degrees
    Stable humidity; 40%

Summary;

The biggest mom looks fine, buds are forming, green leaves, just alittle small in diameter, probably lack of oxygen in my grow room? BUt it's canada, too cold outside, I can't afford the freezing cold fresh air in there, and my house alone is pretty nastily cold with drafts.

THe other 2 are still hurting, burnt, crispy, I'm picking leaves off every now and then.
    But they are still budding lol
    But are getting really skinny with lack of fan leaves.
    And lack of sections.