UK growers thread! check for the strains! too many ta list!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by silverrizla, Dec 2, 2009.

1. #1 silverrizla, Dec 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2010
    Quick edit note... This thread was previously lr2 and easy ryder 250w hps 1st grow journal.

Now seeing as stickyfingaz89 has been helping me with all aspects of my grow, and he has a blinding grow goin on also, (just ask him what he can pull off 3 plants!!!) we decided to merge our GJ's into one! A tale of (fuck knows how many now!!!) cities! AND a big GC welcome to cflgroweranon, whos joined us with his cheese and haze lookin GORGEOUS! AND now another welcome to eastman69er, if ya seen his grows ill say no more... pull up a chair... its gonna get STINKY!!!

this will then move to our next project which should start at the same time. keep watching!

and if your in the UK and you've grown a 100 plants, or are starting your 1st grow, just ask ta join!!!

Right then, the day is finally here and I can start my journal!:hello::hello::hello:

1st off, I was converting a chest of drawers into a stealth grow cab, however, I learnt the aggro that hanging mylar entails and decided against it! I went to the local hydro shop, 3CH in watford, uk (very recommended!) and brought a tent, its the dark room 60 by secret jardin, perfect for me, and perfect for the lowryders!

My equipment list:-

1 x DR60 tent (60x60x140cm)
    1 x ghost wing reflector, with powerplant digital ballast, and osram 250w son-t bulb
    2 x easyrollers (godsends once the weight is right, murder tryin to get right!)
    bio bizz light mix soil (is this ok for the lr's? not too much nutes?)
    brennenhunstuhl digital plug timer
    1 x clamp on fan small (for stems?)
    1 x 100mm hydrogarden exhaust fan (130cm3/hr) ? enough?
    digital hygrometer
    Plant magic grow
    plant magic bloom
    4 x 6.5 ltr square pots. I'll need your opinion on wether or not i can fit 6?

think thats the lot, no doubt ive missed summink! just got back from the dam on saturday, and brought a few "souvenirs back!"

ah yeah the seeds! see! ive got 3 x lowryder 2 feminised, and 3 x easyryder feminised(which is a lr2 x ak47 if ya was wonderin!)

I am literally gonna germ these after this post, think im gonna go with the paper towel method, and then wack em straight into the 6.5ltrs, wadya reckon? another thing i was a lil worried about was the light, is it too strong for the seedlings? shall i make some kinda humidity dome? hmm should get a min/max test goin really shouldnt i!

i know people always go on about yeild for these little ladies and google will bring ya a million different results! so until i grow em myself i do not know, but average between 20- 30 grams per plant, and thats with a percentage using cfl's so i would be happy with 20 dry per plant, but wouldnt turn down a 90gram top bud! ya never know!!!;)

I have been readin here for a long while, and researchin readin researchin then a bit more readin and researchin! but I still need as much help as i can get! in return i promise daily updates|! and pics galore, right up to harvest and the smoke report!
    hmm just about to upload, i know im gonna struggle! amnesia haze followed by uploading. hmmmm
    think ive got it! heres the pics!!!

lol, well the uploadin is still goin on after an nyc deisel joint later!:smoke:

done!?!?!?

thanks for lookin people, im gonna get germin these ladies!

ah ps, attitude seedbank, dont bother with any other company, these are the nuts!

Attached Files:

2. [​IMG]

can i get 6 pots in here?

3. [​IMG]

or shall i play it safe and go with the 4? considering im only yeildin lows!

4. hi there fellow uk grower :hello:

Im also from the u.k, im in Bristol. i looked through your thread and it all sounds good. I have a similar set up but the bigger version lol i got the 1.2m x 1.2m x 2.0m secrit jardin and i use a 400w mh for veg and 600 watt hps for flower...

I have grown lowryder 2's before and they are a cool little plant but dont exspect to much though.. I grew some for a friend grown 10 and pulled about 1/4 off each plant dry so about 2.5 ounces in total, but the bud was to die for.. realy nice, but like you say about the cfls, i used t5's for the lowryders so with your hps you might be able to pull more....

your set up sounds fine m8, i use 125 mm versions of the fans you have and they work a treat,

the soil your using will be fine as i used bio-biz all mix and they loved it.. bio-bizz is exspecialy made for cannabis so that says it all...

all in all lwrders are a good smoke and you will enjoy them, but i can garenntee you will go for bigger ones next time lol i moved on to the HID set up with some ch9 flower femals and when you pull a pound of dry bud from a few plants you will never look at lowryders again lol....

il help as much as i can as im now subcribed lol

check out my thread though... im growing white skunk at the minute

5. thank for checkin in matey, wadya reckon for 6 or 4 then mate? i am actually aimin for an oz per plant, really optimistic maybe for a 1st grow, but theres green blood flowin through my veins im tellin ya, these babies can have whatever they want, and im always gonna be listenin to what they need! hopefully i can pull it off, and if i can ill probly stick with lr, or lr variants. i got 2 free seeds from attitude, 1 x feminized moby dick, and 1 x feminized hashplant haze, might whack these in the soil if my lr's dont yeild much, a google search brings up results rangin from a gram per plant 2 2 and a half ozzies per plant! crazy, guess ill just find out soon ay!?

well i aint germed them yet as im doin a few test runs in the tent to get an average of temps and humidity, with lights on and off etc!

startin the process tomorrow now, the tents up and ready, literally waitin for me! just wanted to know opinions on 4 or 6 plants in that space...

ah yeah stickyfingaz, my fan is the same as yours but smaller, when i put my hand on it, or a peice of paper, it dont feel like its pullin at all, the power seems to decrease as something touches it!? any idea?

6. all sounds good then mate,, where the germination is involved il let you in on a little stickyfingaz secret lmfao.. get your self a little plastic container with a lid and put a thick layer of tissue in and spray it with water untill its soaked put your seeds in and do another layer of soaking tissue then put your lid on and put it on a warm raidiator and let the temps hit 85-90.f and the humidity will be around 100% i garentee you your seeds will crack within 12 hours and then start them in small pots (hombase x10 for 2 quid) and put the seed about 1/4 of an inch into the bio-biz then put cling film over the top of the pots (selotape it down) and then put it back on the warm radiator,, my seeds germinate and sprout with in 72 hours with a 100% sucses rate!!! also get your self down to tesco' and get there tesco Ashbeck Mountain Spring they sell 6, 2 litre bottles for about 2 quid and the water has some very helpfull ingrediants like magnisium potassium and the ph at sourse is 6.2 wich is baisicaly perfect and the plants love it.

where the fan is conserned it dont seem alot but they are doing the job,, ul just have to trust them, i had the same ones you had with me 1m x 1m x 18m bud box and they did the job.. all you baisicaly want them for is for the cool air intake to pull cold air in and the hot air out to pull hot air out, they arnt designed to blow gail force wind just to pull fresh air in ans hot air out, i have the clip on fans you have (hombase lol) and one of those blowing on setting 2 does the large tent a treat...

also they say rule of thumb is 100w for the firsr plant then 50 watts there after so 4 will be fine.. but they also say 2500 lumens per plant minium and if you work it out the 250 probly kicks out 30000 lumens max and at 1 foot above the plant the lumen out put is halfed so 15000 so by these calculations you have enough light for 6 depending on how well you can spread the light unless you swap plants around every 24 hours so the middle ones have a break and the outer ones have a chance to catch up..

i hope this helps you.. il be updating my thread in about 30 minz so check it out if your still around then...

7. wicked tip there mate, thats what i was waitin for! ya just answered all my questions!!!

+ rep to ya mate!

where did you clip the fan on? i want it to blow across the stems so cant find a nice spot, ill check on ya thread rugularly mate, im subd!

8. your welcome for the advice, anytime mate i used a stand for my fan but depending on how strong and sturdy your frame is on your tent adjust the fan and clip on half way down on one of the bottom standing poles.

9. i have a grow tent too, looks like the one that your using there mate. Im not using alot of chemicals ect ect, ive got two plants in there, they are currently on 12/12, i am getting buds at the end of branches ect, and thats all natural, just used water, and a big dirty light that i got with the tent, i did use the chemicals, and fans ect before but they messed up, went yellow and flopped - HARD. but i have got big bushy plants from doing it natural, and from what i can see ive got buds So how come alot of people are using alot of items/feeds, if its easy to do natural, with a massive grow lamp and a tent with normal water? not digging it atall if thats how people grow, so it be, just i cant believe how easy it has been for me to present, i am not yet to hit a wall. and like i say thats with my grow tent, watering every 3/4 days , and maintaining 12/12 on a timer?. Any replys would be helpful and interesting, nice one lads!

10. dunno mate, im a first timer so cant compare to not using feed etc, but i think its just normal things that any plant goin through a lifecycle requires, in a nice bottled form, i like the sound of organic methods, but i really need quality, ease of growth, and yield out of my grow, and think it easier with the "preferred" methods!

not to say that it wont work, i mean you have buds, and after all it is just a weed!

its all a learning curve aint it mate, you'll ave to get a comparison goin mate, if you can pull off yields and potency like others on ere and dont use any nutes etc, then crack on mate and start schooling everyone up!

11. wow, day 1 is here! got my temps and RH steady at 72 on, 70% RH
    10 or so less on each for when lights off,

is this okay????

just popped all 6 seeds, 3 x lr2 and 3 x easyryders! cant wait ta name em! ive used the papertowel method, and put it in one of those plastic containers your chicken chow mein takeaway comes in! whacked it in my top draw and gonna check on it as and when i can, as soon as i see that tap root bout quarter inch, im gonna whack em staright into the 6.5ltr pots! as it goes ive only got 4 so need to fly hydroshop real quick!!! 2more! ill update with some pics later tonite! CHEERS FOR WATCHIN!

12. them takaway dishes things are perfect m8.. get it on a warm radiator serisly they will germ much quicker..

A plant shouldnt be force feed if it dont need it dont give it but i only use organic stuff. ferts are bio-bizz and i dont go near hydro simply because, if you get caught the sentance will be stupid also i dont mind a hydro-smoke but unless you around all the time, if a pump fucks up or to many ppm ar added your plants will die with in 20 minutes, and when you use a 600 watt light plus other equipment if you plants die all the extra electric goes in vain.. stick to natural ppl....

13. hmm cheers mate, think im gonna whack em on the rad now! quick question for ya sticky, if i am running the lights 18 on 6 off, (?) how often do i have the exhaust fan on??? i mean i dont mind it running the whole time while the lights are on, but not sure if this was the proper way... thanks for your help and advice mate, it really is a big help!

14. just make shore the radiator is warm not roasting, i made the mistke the first time i tried it temps hit 130.f and they didnt stand a chance put your hygro meter in the take-a-way container and keep an eye on it if it gets to hot put a book under it or lower the temp of the radiator 85.f-90.f will be spot on...

now for the fans. it is a question many people will share diffrent views. But i choose to tern the all the equipment off for the entire dark period as my temps get down to 62-68.f when lights are off, but if i had my fans running the temps get down to the 40.f's mark and this would kill them, Its upto you but if you can keep the temps around the 70.f mark with all the fans on id keep them on but any lower with them on keep them off.

im going to get a 80watt tubular heater from swrew-fix there £16.99 and the reviews say they keep a shed warm in the winter so if it can do that i should keep my temps up during the lights off period for flowering. as if the temp drops to 60's. F with 6 hours of dark i would like to think how cold it might get with 12!!

Alot of this growing stuff is user dependant, you have to find whats right for you...

What is your means of ventilation?? where is the cold air coming from?? where is the hot air going??

15. well, as ya know there are holes in the tent for exhaust at the roof, and also one for intake at the bottom right of the tent, AND 2 x passive intakes either side at the bottom, I only have theexhaust fan, so i was thinkin if I place the clip on fan in the tent around the bottom near the 2 passive intakes, that it could blow against the stems for strength, and push the air from the bottom to of the tent, up towards the exhaust... it makes sense to me but i cud be well off! im off ta homebase now (growers in uk gotta love this gaff!) so anything i need i cud pick up, also sticky, dya know what temps and humidity i am actually aimin for? with the lowryders? i mean i really need a more precise answer than what i understand at the mo, dont wanna not ask then feel like a donut wen i lose my crop cos of it! i have this:

Lights on 75F

Lights off 70F

Humidity 60%

but i thought it needed to be different for each stage, ie seedling high humidity? flowering low humidity? clear it up for me please sticky, ya really know how to word your answers specifically for a newbie that just smoked a joint!:smoking:

16. you really need to think about getting a fresh air intake in the tent, the c02 in a house is not really enough to plenish our green friends!! if you could get your hands on another fan and some ducting, you could mount the fan in the ducting and lead the ducting to a window or a place in your gaff room that gets a regular change in air..it would really help in growth rates..

What i have done is. mount my 125 mm rvk fan inside 5 metres of 125mm aliminium ducting and ran it up the wall and through a self made hole in the ceiling pulling the fresh cool air out of my loft.

I have also done the same for the hot air out, but over the other side of my room, this is done the same as the cool air in but iv attached it to a steam flute in the roof of my house venting the hot smelly air up and out of the house. and this works great, I understand doing this may be a unavailable option in your living acomadation so

The other way i could think of is to do the fan and ducting but run the ducting up to a netted window (so no one could see it) and that should be efficant enough for your plants

The humidity and temps is perfect for the seedling and veg stage but during the flowering stage the humidity needs to be a little lower due to bud mold and bud drying time will be longer alsodue to the humdidty in the air keeping the buds more moist..

hope this helps any other questions ask on m8,, us UK growers got to stick together... :metal::yay:

17. top man stickyfingaz! once again ya just answered my Q's in one post!

im off to homebase now for some supplies! (open late enall!) dunno if i can really go with the ducting, but ill show ya a pic later where the passive intakes are right next to my door to the back garden, if i could place a stand fan outside the tent, near the open back door/window, blowin into that passsive vent? hmm dunno mate, ill see wat goodies i can pick up at HB!

18. o.k m8 sound.. il pop back about 8.30 and see what its saying then, sorry if my ideas seem abit extreme but i like to plant a seed of ideas than watch your ideas feed that plant untill the idea plant harvests lmfao what the fuck am i typing lol stoned again lol

yeah put some pics up and i will try and help you figure somthing out...

safe m8

19. allo mate, well went homebase last night and got a tray for the pots ta sit in, and a few more pots, although cos i cant get the clamp fan in nicely ive decided to concentrate on just the 4, 2 x lr2 and 2 x eaasyryders, hopefully they should thrive in the conditions, my temp is ranging between 76 and 85 with 45-65% RH, noty bad ay? i took a pic of the passive intake for you mate, I am gonna be keepin the back door open all throughout the day, and hopefully this will be sufficient amount of Co2. If not i was gonna try out one of those homemade Co2 generators, ya know the ones in a plastic bottle with flour in it or summin, ill ave a look for the thread about it somewhere. well im gonna keep this journal updated with pics everyday! just so many views i dont think no one wants ta know about the autos!!! im gonna try and prove autos are worthwhile!:D

Attached Files:

20. all looks great m8, temps are fine. although try and get that light as close as possable as not sure if you know about light lumen out-put?? but il explain a bit anyway.

Lumens are mesured by how bright the lamp is.. it usualy starts around 26,000-30,000 lumens @ 250 watts of light then around 53,000 - 60,000 lumens @ 400 watts of light then about 85,000-90,000 lumens @ 600watts and around 120,000 -140,000 lumens for a 1000 watt light.

in the outdoors where cannabis grows naturaly the sun kicks out about 10,000 lumens at all angles of the the plant, (hence why the plants can get upto 25-30 foot tall).

Obviosly our lights could never kick out that much power but the rule of thumb is a 2,500 light lumens minium to get a nice growth rate,

The more lumens you can give the plant the better it grows.

With our lights hps and Mh are classed as HID Lights ( high intensity discharge lights) and the further away the lights are from the plants the less lumens they recieve,

The way to caluclate it is for evry foot above the plants our lights are the lumen out put is halved..

so your light is about 30,000 lumens so @ 1 foot above the plants your light is giving a total out put of 15,000 lumens @ 2 foot above the plants your light is giving a total out put of 7,500 lumens,

If your planning on growing 6 plants @ 2,500 lumens each that gives you a total need of 15,000 lumens

You need to keep your light 12 inches off the tops of your plants to give them the 2500 lumen each they need to grow at a stedy rate,

Now its time to think about when the plants grow, as if your light is 12 inches above the plants and you plants get to 1 foot tall that means the light will be at 24 inches. meaning at the base of each pot the total lumen output recived will be 1,250 lumes each..

Just somthing to keep in mind for yur growing so baisicaly the closer you can get that light the better,

MH lights have a smaller amount of lumens compared to the same wattage HPS lights, my 400 watt m.h has a total lumen out put of 40.000 lumens and it is also hotter running than a equivilant hps, but it does have more blue spectrum so it more or less balnces it self out...

my lights is at 8 inches above the tops of my plants so they roughly get 10,000 lumens each at the tops and 5,000 lumens each at the bottoms as there about 12 inch tall now...

sorry to have gone on, but the way i have learned all this is through reading so the more you read the better, and if your really serious about all this growing stuff lumen out put and clolor spectrum is a must know aspect of growing..

Il leave it at this for now.

p.s ican go into detail about the above topics for you if you like and i can also go into detail of homemade co2 generators as i have built them loads of timesi even have all the ingrediants in the coubard lol

let me know if you want me to tell you about them both.. im always around (lost my job a few weeks back) im here all the time...

peace out m8 and i hope this helps