Kings Kush Mini-cab LED grow.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Peacefullbuddah, Nov 23, 2009.

1. #1 Peacefullbuddah, Nov 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2009
    I've decided to start the journal again. I want to compare grows with my fellow LED growers.

For those who have been following this grow, it's now about day 22 since sprouting. For the first 2 weeks they were under 2 40 watt fluoros, and over the last week they have been under the 126 watt LED light.

*****I would like to note that by day 22 of growth, the girl in the big white pot has been topped, and the girl in the big green pot has been fimmed. The girl in the white pot is looking to have 4 main tops with plenty of side branching. Green pot girl was just fimmed last night, so I'm waiting to see how that turns out(first time fimming).*****

So I'll start this with some pics.

Here they are on day 5.

Attached Files:

2. Day 10.

Attached Files:

3. Day 16, first day under LED light.

Attached Files:

4. Looking good - those LED lights always trip me out when I see beautiful plants under them... lol Keep it up!
    Peace
    DM

5. #5 Peacefullbuddah, Nov 23, 2009
    Day 18... This is after only 2 days under the LED!

Attached Files:

6. #6 Peacefullbuddah, Nov 23, 2009
    And last but not least, pictures from today, which is day 22 since sprouting. They have only been under the LED for about 6 days now. They've become pretty bushy in the last week. :D .... Currently, the light is being kept 6-8 inches from the canopy.

Attached Files:

7. Thanks man. Yeah it's pretty trippy sitting in my purple grow room.:D

I can sit in there for hours admiring my babies in the purple light.:p

8. Update: I just wanted to show you guys how short and bushy these things are under this LED. Crazy branching like I've never seen before! I'll be starting flowering within the next 2 weeks, once they heal a bit from being topped and fimmed. The first 2 large pics are of each of my girls, just to show the nice branching. :wave:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

9. hey man looking good! I know what you mean about the light being trippy.. I actually ended up installing a small cfl light in my tent just for viewing the plants. I turn off my LED light when I do that cos otherwise my eyes get fookered! Looking forward to see how your plants sex up and bud up! Cheers!

10. Thanks man, I can't wait to see them budding either. Yeah some LED's are worse than others. Some of them will turn your vision completely green when you leave the grow room, my LED isn't quite that bad because it has white in it. Take it easy man, i'm about to swing by your journal.

11. looking good man how are things

12. Thanks man, things are going good. Just waiting for these girls to heal a bit before I send them into flower.

13. Always good to see another led grow. Your plants look real good. I too have found leds create really tight inter-nodes and ultra-compact plants. Lets hope they produce good buds. ;)

14. Definitely, I mean these girls are hardly 6 inches tall with 6 main nodes and crazy branching. I'm really hoping they produce good buds, but I'll be satisfied with decent. Just as long as they give me enough to keep myself straight. Any extra bud goes to my family and friends.

15. Hey Buddah - sounds like you are like me. You do all the hard work of growing... then end up giving half of it away. So much of the fun comes from growing and there's something extra special about giving bud you've carefully grown (organically hopefully) to friends and family. No chemicals... no bullshit. Just nice bud. It's the thought that counts ;). Let's just hope we all get enough bud to give away! If I only end up with an 1/8th... it's strictly mine! :D

16. looks good man all i can say

17. [​IMG]Update: So here they are at day 27 since sprouting, and they are doing fine. They've had some type of nute def but they are coming along fine. I'll be switching to 12/12 sometime within the next 1-3 days since they are both healed from being topped and fimmed.

Here are the little mini-bushes.:smoke:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

18. :smoking:yea man the leafs look more green and thick light does good should be a good yeild for u

19. #19 flippa, Nov 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2009
    Hey Buddah - they're starting to fatten up. Good shit fella :). One thing that I would note is you have a few nute deficiencies showing up. Look quite like a little nitrogen deficiency, possibly a little potassium deficiency but may a combo. At the stage you plant is at, I would assume nitrogen. How much are you feeding your plants? I take it you are giving one feed with nutes (not making too strong.. always 1/4-1/2 recommended) every other watering... with plain PH'd watering inbetween? If you are feeding correctly it might be worth checking out the PH of your runoff since very often deficiencies show up once the soil is the wrong PH leading to nute lockout (overfeeding in this case would lead to toxic buildup of nutes in soil). If you haven't been ph'ing your water you really should (out hte tap where I live the water is 7.7 but I bring down to 6.5-7). If you have been PH'ing do still check the runoff and check PH is measuring as you were wanting. If it's not right... you can correct it with PH'ing the water/feed the way you want it to go (i.e. slightly more acidic if it's too Alkali and slightly more alkali if it's too acidic). I'd personally do the PH runoff test before looking at nutes. That is unless you have been feeding every watering when I would then just give a few feeds of only water. Hope this helps :). You've only got creeping signs but if you nip them in the bud now.. you'll save yourself the problem worsening. I've only got your photos to go by but I wouldn't be expecting tips to be browning or for leafs to be yellowing/lightening while still vegging or even this early on in flowering. My leaves only start to show issues once i hit mid-late flower.. sometimes intentionally.. sometimes unintentionally. Cheers!

20. Thanks for the input flippa. And yes, I know all about nute deficiencies and pH lockout(I have been researching this shit for 5+ years now!). Don't worry, I pretty much deal with some type of nute defiency every time I grow, and I still finish fine. I know I could do better if I were to grow perfectly without any defiencies at all, but I'm not trying to go for the exact science of it. I'm growing only to support myself. To be honest with you, I don't think this is a nitrogen deficiency anyways. With nitrogen deficiency, the older leaves yellow first, and then move to the younger leaves. I was having the opposite problem because my older leaves are greener than my younger ones. Most likely my problems come from under-fertilization because I'm very cautious with nutes. But like I said, it doesn't really matter anyways, I'm not concerned with doing it perfectly.

My goal here is not to become an herb scientist and grow perfect plants every time, it's to grow a stash for myself. And so far, even with nute problems, I have been able to accomplish that goal. Thanks for stopping by though. :wave:

Icepop, thanks for stopping by brother.