First grow-pc case-afghan kush

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by charlie2000, Oct 29, 2009.

1. #1 charlie2000, Oct 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2009
    Hello and welcome to me. I'm a first time grower if you dont count a half assed attempt in college but I digress. This is actually in all honesty my second attempt as my first attempt failed miserably. My $15 Pakistani Kush Lowryder was basically baked to death as I kept it under 4 6500k cfl's at a distance of 2 inches or so and had too dry a soil. I was rather devasted but undettered as I proceeded to germinate my second of 3 seeds (1 was free) which is this Afghanistan Kush Lowryder. I am using a PC case which came with 2 intake and 2 outake fans and a moveable wire screen for scrogging. Right now its reflective material is one of those emergency blankets you get at camping supply stores but I read that they are not really that reflective with only 70% reflectivity so I am planning to get a roll of mylar which I believe is rather pricey but what else is there that has that high a reflectivity? Mylar is about 90-95% reflective. Also I am using FFOF in a tupperware container with 9 drilled holes on the bottom that fits perfectly in the pc case. My germination went great and after careful planting into very wet and thoroughly drained soil about a 1/4 inch deep, I got a sprout in a day and a half. I decided after much more careful research to reduce the number of bulbs to just two. I also have moved the sprout down quite a bit now from where I had it the last time to about 8 inches below the lights. Check the pics. I also plan to do some video of this grow as well. I'm sure I will have questions as this proceeds along especially if problems arise. Thanks for looking.

Attached Files:

2. This sprout was officially born Oct. 26. With 30 days for veg and 60 for flowering plus 30 more for proper curing its gonna be febuary before I really get to enjoy this. My question is when do I add more lights? Should I bring it closer to the lights as well? Since I fried my last seedling (they're way delicate at this point) I am leary to put the lights too close. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. I will continue to post more pics as this l-o-n-g grow goes on. Thanks for looking

3. This is day number 5 by my count. I moved her closer to the lights. Before I had one light stuck to the side and the other one on top. I noticed the one leaf growing toward the side with the light grew larger than the opposite side leaf with no light. Now I have both lights hanging from the top. Added 2 more bulbs. I have it on 24/0 growing on FFOF in a tupperware container under 4 cfl's in a PC case. Also added are new pics. Happy Halloween ya'll.

Attached Files:

4. nice little grow man..

one thing though, you might what to tape that container up, if the roots get big enough to reach the edge you wont want light to shine on them.

5. nice grow so far dude, I plan on doing the same for my first grow (well second grow).

Is 24/0 light realy necessary?

Should I use a 1 gallon or 3 gallon pot? (for this type of autoflowering strain)

6. Duly noted. I had not thought of that, but when I get real mylar (early next week) I will do that.
    Thanks

7. They say a 1 gallon pot is fine for a short autoflowering but a long flowering taller strain would be housed better in a 3 gallon. Thanks for the questins and comments.

8. Hey Charlie. Nice grow. I will follow this one.

I would definitely have them closer to the light. Check out Kamel's CFL Guide. It is a sticky under indoor growing. He says that they should be no farther away than four inches. I have a PC case grow just starting and I have those "Y" splitters to get bulbs lower as my main light is glued to the roof of the case.

Also, I am running four bulbs in my case and the temp is 82 degrees right now. The lights have been on for nine hours already so I would think this is as warm as it is going to get. My bulbs are about three inches from the plant.

Good luck.

9. #9 charlie2000, Nov 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2009
    Yes I will move them closer to the lights tomorrow. Was hesitant because I fried my first seedling which was a Pakistani Kush Ryder. But this one seems to be doing well. Temps are at about 79 and will use FF grow big around week 3. Otherwise will just keep on keepin on...heres some pics showing the progress and one showing the case in the closet. Pretty stealthy. Got some mylar or "reflective film" and redid the interior getting rid of the emergency blanket. Also covered the tupperware with mylar as well. Working good but needs some minor adjustments. We'll see Monday when she is 2 weeks old how she looks. Until then...

Attached Files:

10. Last night after watering I was putting her back in the case and adjusting the light a little and suddenly the light fell on top of my little plant. I quickly grabbed the light and put back in its place. After I began to breathe again I carefully inspected her and she seemed fine so I put her back and closed up the lid. This morning I took these pictures showing the spots on a new leaf. Any idea what this is? My guess its a burn mark from the light. The plant has had no nutes and I havent overwatered I dont think. Anyway my post from last night had pictures that were taken last night and those spots werent there. Any comments or observations would be great.. And as you can see I have brought the plant a little closer to the lights. Thanks

Attached Files:

11. Dude she's fine no worries :) just from the light it'll repair itself and be back to top shape in no time. As for the lights I'd say keep them as close as you can without letting them touch or get too hot I kept my lights about 1-2" away from the plants during this early stage of vegetation but you're in a more advanced grow then me, I'm just doing bagseed :p. I'm gonna watch this grow looks fun :D here for the ride now

12. OK thanks for the input. I'll update when she turns 2 weeks old.

13. Cool man im subscribing. Im having a somewhat similair grow.... check it out

14. Well here is a new pic or 2. One is not really in focus but there it is. I moved it closer to the lights and it seems to be doing well. I hope President Obama is successful with his healthcare reform bill. She'll be 2 weeks old this Monday so new pics then for sure. Thanks

Attached Files:

15. Not much too say. Here's the pics. Should I add some Big Grow yet or wait another week? She seems healthy enough but not tall. I believe she will be low and squatty. Like Freddie Mercury used to sing "fat bottoms girls, you make the rockin' world go 'round..." Comments are appreciated. Thanks

Attached Files:

16. Alright

I want this grow to be a sccuess for you i am interested in growing this strain.
    1. What kind of nutes are you using.
    2. Add a little less than half of the recommended amount ex. 2tsp / .9 tsp add them now.
    3. I really think were in for a suprise on this healthcare thing. Remember my friend this means the pharmacutical companies are government run agencies. They can give us whatever they fucking want.

Peace ONE LOVE

17. Dude thanks for the reply. I am using FF Big Grow. Well actually I have not used ANY nutes yet because my understanding was that nutes did not have to be added for the first 24 days or so according the growing guidelines sticky if you are using FFOF which I am. Perhaps thats why its not bigger than it is? Did you think that 'Paranormal Activity" was a ripoff of the Blair Witch Project? Yes I will add them next watering (tomorrow). Like I said it continues to grow well and healthy just not tall. I believe it is an autoflowering strain as well so my next question is do I have to go 12/12 with the lights after 4 weeks of vegging? Thanks dude. (healthcare reform hitting snag due to Dems insisting on coverage for abortions by illegal aliens)*hmmm...*

18. Yea it was a rip off but neverthe less an ok movie... how do you not know if its not an autoflower... anyways if it is keep it on a schedule of 20 on 4 off all the way through. looks great so far

19. yes my bad on that..I just forgot. But I looked it up on the attitude website (which is where I got it from) and copied this:
    "This new cross between Afghan and Rudelaris gives a new autoflowering indica characteristic. The aspect shown is from the well known Afghan Kush with the autoflowering appreciated because of its rudelaris genotype. It is actually an Afghan Kush with a reduced size but with an independent photoperiod. A new special treat for lovers of this legendary variety.
    The exceptional Dutch Seedbank, World of Seeds have yet again surpassed themselves with their new AutoFlowering Collection.
    Afghan Kush Ryder is one of the first strains to be released from the collection."

So yes it is autoflowering. It is also described as a short in height plant with a short to medium flowering time. It also has a THC content of 22% which is said to be almost devastating in potency but we shall see. I would love to grow a one hit wonder (or 2 hit) but again we will see. By the way I have been running my lites at 18/6. Would 20/4 make any real difference? Thanks for your advice. Hope you had a nice veterans day. I celebrated in the usual fashion. Never served this great country of ours but appreciate all those who do and did especially those that lost their lives...Oh wait I think you are in amersterdam yes? Perhaps this is awkward...?

20. Autoflowering strains are crossed with runderalis which is said in some cases to minimize potency.... HOWEVER i think this is false. I have seen many cases where it is devestating and a very amazing buzz. Also these strains are beautiful when done right. Well since it is an auto strain the more light the better.... some people grow with 24 hours of light with no down time... thats a little extreme though. All they need is 4 hours of dark. Also how much height do you have to work with?

IF GROWN PROPER IT WILL give you the one hitta quitta effect you want.

Nah im a good ol americano